Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New kit and sponsor (P108, 2021 new 3rd kit)

Comments

• @cafc999 my hard earned is on a yellow away kit, Betfair took it at 6.2
  • These pages contain some of the most hideous football shirts I have ever come across. I really hope ours is sedate and classy. 
    Nah so long as the home kit is plainish red top white shorts and the sponsor’s not scummy the goalies and away kits can be as lurid and migraine inducing as possible 🤯
    they ain’t gonna sell many anyway
    we’re not gonna get to away games for most of the season if at all
    so the away kits just have to make the biggest splash possible on the Quest highlights program 
    even if that’s a splash of 🤮🤢🤮

hummel’s designers could spend a week on absinthe and shrooms then get the crayons out 👍🏻
    They don't need to do that, as they can just talk to @Henry Irving
  • We've had far too many blue away kits in recent years, it's time for someone to take a proper crack at creating a modern version of that green and purple one. I liked the nod to it on this year's away kit, but that kit was cursed so we will not speak of it any further. Of course that was the first shirt I'd bought in years. Shit, maybe I'm the one who cursed it.
    Sorry lads.
    Our last blue away shirt was in the 10-11 season. We had a run of blue away shirts in a short period (07-08, 09-10 and 10-11). Other than that we've not had a blue away shirt this century, although we have had four blue third kits
  • We've had far too many blue away kits in recent years, it's time for someone to take a proper crack at creating a modern version of that green and purple one. I liked the nod to it on this year's away kit, but that kit was cursed so we will not speak of it any further. Of course that was the first shirt I'd bought in years. Shit, maybe I'm the one who cursed it.
    Sorry lads.
    Our last blue away shirt was in the 10-11 season. We had a run of blue away shirts in a short period (07-08, 09-10 and 10-11). Other than that we've not had a blue away shirt this century, although we have had four blue third kits
    17/18 was blue away

Charlton Athletic 1718 Hummel Away Kit  1718 Kits  Football
  • CHG said:
    @cafc999 my hard earned is on a yellow away kit, Betfair took it at 6.2
    Hope so, that Le Coq one with the Mesh sponsor was one of my favourite away kits we've had.
  • cafc999 said:
    Lets just try again..

My money is on a white away kit. Cream training kit this year, had a black training kit last year, expect the training kit matches the color, though probably not the hue, of the away kit. 
    You have lost money...
    Told you lot this was a good tactic.

Who wants to guess a colour next
  • edited August 2020
    Ross said:
    We've had far too many blue away kits in recent years, it's time for someone to take a proper crack at creating a modern version of that green and purple one. I liked the nod to it on this year's away kit, but that kit was cursed so we will not speak of it any further. Of course that was the first shirt I'd bought in years. Shit, maybe I'm the one who cursed it.
    Sorry lads.
    17/18 was blue away

My mistake, Football Shirt History has that down as our third kit for some reason and the white kit we wore on the Ireland tour as the away kit, which is clearly wrong. MY point still stands though, only 2 blue away kits in 10 years isn't "too many blue kits recently", unless any blue kit is a a blue kit too many.

I'm not advocating for a blue away kit by the way. My favourite away kits have always been white ones.

Edit: I think that site has the 16-17 away and third kits the wrong way around too, https://footballshirthistory.weebly.com/c---g/category/charlton-athletic
  • 2 in 10 years is too many
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2020
    Ross said:
    We've had far too many blue away kits in recent years, it's time for someone to take a proper crack at creating a modern version of that green and purple one. I liked the nod to it on this year's away kit, but that kit was cursed so we will not speak of it any further. Of course that was the first shirt I'd bought in years. Shit, maybe I'm the one who cursed it.
    Sorry lads.
    17/18 was blue away

My mistake, Football Shirt History has that down as our third kit for some reason and the white kit we wore on the Ireland tour as the away kit, which is clearly wrong. MY point still stands though, only 2 blue away kits in 10 years isn't "too many blue kits recently", unless any blue kit is a a blue kit too many.

I'm not advocating for a blue away kit by the way. My favourite away kits have always been white ones.

Edit: I think that site has the 16-17 away and third kits the wrong way around too, https://footballshirthistory.weebly.com/c---g/category/charlton-athletic
    Don't think they're the wrong way round, the purple one became the away shirt I'm sure. Was the 3rd shirt the year before when it had Uni of Greenwich as sponsor. That Ireland tour shirt wasn't the 3rd shirt for 17/18 though so shouldn't even be there. 
  • Anything but a remake of that beige Mesh kit. Awful.
  • It was ecru.
  • I liked it but nothing beats red. You can get away with a ketchup spillage with a red kit! 
  • Assume the ecru one was ok for mayonaisse stains.
  • Was the official colour of the blue kit above seahawk and denim?
  • iaitch said:
    Was the official colour of the blue kit above seahawk and denim?
    Think it was this one that was seahawk. 

• Ok thanks.
  • "Denim and Seahawk" lol, reminds me of a classic Jonathan Pearce comment, "Out step Chelsea, resplendent in graphite and tangerine"
  • Talal said:
    Ross said:
    Sorry lads.
    17/18 was blue away

Don't think they're the wrong way round, the purple one became the away shirt I'm sure. Was the 3rd shirt the year before when it had Uni of Greenwich as sponsor. That Ireland tour shirt wasn't the 3rd shirt for 17/18 though so shouldn't even be there. 
    You're thinking of the black and blue striped third kit that we never wore. Those kits were made by Nike. This is all correct:

http://www.kitclassics.co.uk/kits/charlton.png
  • Sponsored links:

• Many goalkeepers believe that a garish colour scheme means that strikers with no time to think instinctively aim for it. Based on Rob Elliot answering a question from my son at a Q&A. As first choice he got to choose and said he would always go as bright as possible. I think he also said this was from a US based study.

I used to manage a boys football team. I always got the keeper the brightest possible kit for just this reason. I wanted the opposition to see him and be very aware of him as I felt it made the goal look smaller and wanted the opposition to know he was there.
  • I like a blue away kit. The Inter kit was lovely, and so was the blue Woolwich shirt from the mid/ late 80s. 
  • Ross said:
    Talal said:
    Ross said:
    Sorry lads.
    17/18 was blue away

You're thinking of the black and blue striped third kit that we never wore. Those kits were made by Nike. This is all correct:

Really liked that one. Didn't buy it at the time because of Roland and the sponsor but I have some regret. Can't find it anywhere now.
    Also looking through that you can really easily pinpoint the Katrien era can't you. Awful.
  • Ross said:
    Talal said:
    Ross said:
    Sorry lads.
    17/18 was blue away

It's not, the 3rd kit of 17/18 is incorrect. We wore a different white one in the 4-1 defeat at Peterborough. 

• Have we been relegated with a black away kit for the past 3 times we've had one?
  • Talal said:
    Ross said:
    Talal said:
    Ross said:
    Sorry lads.
    17/18 was blue away

It's not, the 3rd kit of 17/18 is incorrect. We wore a different white one in the 4-1 defeat at Peterborough. 

Ah yes

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5960ad5fb712a/charlton-athletic-and-hummel-reveal-match-kits-to-be-worn-in-ireland-next-week

The kits used in Ireland will be given away to local charities and the full version of the third kit will be worn in the club’s matches against Welling United and Greenwich Borough on July 15th. 
  • sam3110 said:
    Have we been relegated with a black away kit for the past 3 times we've had one?
    No, we ended up doing alright in 2014/15 in the end. We had that bizarre, inexplicable Guy Luzon bounce
  • Ross said:
    Talal said:
    Ross said:
    Talal said:
    Ross said:
    Sorry lads.
    17/18 was blue away

Ah yes

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5960ad5fb712a/charlton-athletic-and-hummel-reveal-match-kits-to-be-worn-in-ireland-next-week

The kits used in Ireland will be given away to local charities and the full version of the third kit will be worn in the club’s matches against Welling United and Greenwich Borough on July 15th. 
    Explains why we let Peterborough thump us 4-0 in that game with Magennis missing a penalty (?)!!
  • Ross said:
    Talal said:
    Ross said:
    Talal said:
    Ross said:
    Sorry lads.
    17/18 was blue away

Ah yes

Explains why we let Peterborough thump us 4-0 in that game with Magennis missing a penalty (?)!!
    4-1 Zyro for us. 
  • edited August 2020
    Many goalkeepers believe that a garish colour scheme means that strikers with no time to think instinctively aim for it. Based on Rob Elliot answering a question from my son at a Q&A. As first choice he got to choose and said he would always go as bright as possible. I think he also said this was from a US based study.

I used to manage a boys football team. I always got the keeper the brightest possible kit for just this reason. I wanted the opposition to see him and be very aware of him as I felt it made the goal look smaller and wanted the opposition to know he was there.
    Me too. My son was our keeper and is pretty good. He was at the Spurs Academy. I always tried to encourage him to wear bright colours but he didn't buy into it. Rinat - a Mexican company specialising in keepers are great for this. I bought him a shirt on ebay which cost me loads as customs decided I needed to pay duty on it! You needed sun glasses to look at it. But he hardly wore it.