Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New kit and sponsor (P108, 2021 new 3rd kit)

Comments

• Talal said:
    cafc999 said:
    The only time we have have had to use template kits is when the club have asked for a 3rd shirt very late. Just look at all the clubs that Hummel now supply and see how many of them have template kits is a testament to the designers and the passion they have for original football shirts. 
    Though in the OS article about those Ireland tour shirts it said "The kits used in Ireland will be given away to local charities and the full version of the third kit will be worn in the club’s matches against Welling United and Greenwich Borough on July15th." Suggesting the club wanted a proper third kit at the start of the season so not sure why we ended up with a template that year, unless it was still deemed too late. 
    The club asked for a 3rd shirt a few weeks before the season started, hence the limited run and the template kit. 

Its worth noting that Hummel showed fan groups the proposed shirt for this coming season roughly this time last year, and that was after getting the designs down to the final 100 designs!
  • cafc999 said:
    Talal said:
    cafc999 said:
    The only time we have have had to use template kits is when the club have asked for a 3rd shirt very late. Just look at all the clubs that Hummel now supply and see how many of them have template kits is a testament to the designers and the passion they have for original football shirts. 
    Though in the OS article about those Ireland tour shirts it said "The kits used in Ireland will be given away to local charities and the full version of the third kit will be worn in the club’s matches against Welling United and Greenwich Borough on July15th." Suggesting the club wanted a proper third kit at the start of the season so not sure why we ended up with a template that year, unless it was still deemed too late. 
    The club asked for a 3rd shirt a few weeks before the season started, hence the limited run and the template kit. 

Its worth noting that Hummel showed fan groups the proposed shirt for this coming season roughly this time last year, and that was after getting the designs down to the final 100 designs!
    Interesting. Last season's unworn one was a template too wasn't it? 
  • Talal said:
    cafc999 said:
    Talal said:
    cafc999 said:

Interesting. Last season's unworn one was a template too wasn't it? 
    Yes. This is what happens when the club has a lack of senior management team. 
  • That third kit was good though, I really liked it. Shame it never got worn 
  • 2 bespoke kits is enough surely. If you pick a sensibly coloured 2nd kit, you should hardly need to wear a 3rd kit anyway
    Totally agree but kits form so much revenue for clubs it would be a commercial disaster not to have one. 
  • SDAddick said:
    That third kit was good though, I really liked it. Shame it never got worn 
    Still surprised the club are allowed to sell a replica kit that is never used. 
  • edited August 2020
    Talal said:
    SDAddick said:
    Irony being that the only game we could feasibly have worn the kit was against Brentford away, where we wore a pair of socks that weren't on sale in the season they were worn
  • MattF said:
    Talal said:
    SDAddick said:
    Irony being that the only game we could feasibly have worn the kit was against Brentford away, where we wore a pair of socks that weren't on sale
    I think it could've been worn at Hull. Those socks were part of the template third kit of '17 that I keep mentioning 😄
  • edited August 2020
    Talal said:
    MattF said:
    Talal said:
    SDAddick said:
    Irony being that the only game we could feasibly have worn the kit was against Brentford away, where we wore a pair of socks that weren't on sale
    I think it could've been worn at Hull. Those socks were part of the template third kit of '17 that I keep mentioning 😄
    Yeah they were, just bizarre we chose to wear the away shirt, home shorts and a 2 year old pair of third socks over a third shirt which had sold out a £50 a time, especially as that away shirt was a jinx 
  • Sponsored links:

• Out of interest who decides what kit we wear? 
  • Talal said:
    Out of interest who decides what kit we wear? 
    Les Reed 
  • cafc999 said:
    2 bespoke kits is enough surely. If you pick a sensibly coloured 2nd kit, you should hardly need to wear a 3rd kit anyway
    Totally agree but kits form so much revenue for clubs it would be a commercial disaster not to have one. 
    For big clubs yes, but i can't imagine the revenue from a third kit is that much for a club like us.
  • cafc999 said:
    2 bespoke kits is enough surely. If you pick a sensibly coloured 2nd kit, you should hardly need to wear a 3rd kit anyway
    For big clubs yes, but i can't imagine the revenue from a third kit is that much for a club like us.
    Last season's sold out. 
  • Talal said:
    cafc999 said:
    Last season's sold out. 
    And the season's before was popular enough to warrant a second batch towards the end of the season
  • MattF said:
    Talal said:
    cafc999 said:
    Last season's sold out. 
    And the season's before was popular enough to warrant a second batch towards the end of the season
    Only realised recently that that yellow third was used as a keeper shirt the year before which I think is a first for us. 
  • Talal said:
    MattF said:
    Talal said:
    cafc999 said:
    Last season's sold out. 
    Only realised recently that that yellow third was used as a keeper shirt the year before which I think is a first for us. 
    Assuming that the goalkeeper version of that kit never went on sale (don't remember it being sold), strange decision otherwise
  • MattF said:
    Talal said:
    MattF said:
    Talal said:
    cafc999 said:
    Last season's sold out. 
    Assuming that the goalkeeper version of that kit never went on sale (don't remember it being sold), strange decision otherwise
    Believe the two main colours for that year were green and purple so it can't have done. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:
    cafc999 said:
    Last season's sold out. 
    But we only made 5.
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Have a suspicion the away might be grey. Bit of a tribute to the Admiral/Woolwich away shirt we had in the 80s...
    This one? - Would look quite nice from Hummel if so

Might be a bit similar with the faint chequered home kit we had from 2018/19

Yes would love to see a Hummel take on this! Was actually thinking of this one, but they are both very similar...
    I came across a match day programme in which Lennie Lawrence bemoaned the fact that the players couldn’t see each other when they wore this kit, a good 6 or 7 years before Ferguson got roundly mocked for saying the same thing about United’s grey shirts at Southampton. 
    Yes I remember that and I think we played in a yellow version after it. Correct me if I'm wrong, it was a long time ago. Lennie definitely had a moan about it.
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Have a suspicion the away might be grey. Bit of a tribute to the Admiral/Woolwich away shirt we had in the 80s...

Yes would love to see a Hummel take on this! Was actually thinking of this one, but they are both very similar...
    I came across a match day programme in which Lennie Lawrence bemoaned the fact that the players couldn’t see each other when they wore this kit, a good 6 or 7 years before Ferguson got roundly mocked for saying the same thing about United’s grey shirts at Southampton. 
    Yes I remember that and I think we played in a yellow version after it. Correct me if I'm wrong, it was a long time ago. Lennie definitely had a moan about it.
    Arsenal away I think we used the yellow one. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:

2-2
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Steve Mckenzie
  • JiMMy 85 said:

I also think we wore it at Anfield. Still one of the rarest shirts to obtain and highly sought after (In other words, if anyone has it can they loan it to the museum)
  • Talal said:
    cafc999 said:
    Last season's sold out. 
    How many did we sell?
  • Hal1x said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

Steve Mckenzie
    Cough cough
  • Talal said:
    cafc999 said:
    Last season's sold out. 
    How many did we sell?
    Couldn't tell you but I doubt the club would order a number they wouldn't be happy with. Also when the shirts went on sale towards the end of the season, the home and away were £10 (or £15 can't quite remember) but the third stayed above £20 and still sold. 
  • £15 for the home