Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New kit and sponsor (P108, 2021 new 3rd kit)

Comments

• Was this 3rd shirt never worn in a competitive match then? I don't remember. It was made available to purchase wasn't it? If so that's now twice in 4 seasons we've sold a kit that hasn't been used.

• Talal said:
    Was this 3rd shirt never worn in a competitive match then? I don't remember. It was made available to purchase wasn't it? If so that's now twice in 4 seasons we've sold a kit that hasn't been used.

I believe so.
  • Thinking away kits going to be grey like admiral kit
  • Ross said:
    Talal said:
    Was this 3rd shirt never worn in a competitive match then? I don't remember. It was made available to purchase wasn't it? If so that's now twice in 4 seasons we've sold a kit that hasn't been used.

I believe so.
    Worn away at Northampton. 2-1 defeat
    So it was. If anyone wants to relive that memorable day... https://youtu.be/l_OEf40IfT4
  • Talal said:
    Ross said:
    Talal said:

I believe so.
    Worn away at Northampton. 2-1 defeat
    So it was. If anyone wants to relive that memorable day... https://youtu.be/l_OEf40IfT4
    A great result from a great team. 
  • We've had far too many blue away kits in recent years, it's time for someone to take a proper crack at creating a modern version of that green and purple one. I liked the nod to it on this year's away kit, but that kit was cursed so we will not speak of it any further. Of course that was the first shirt I'd bought in years. Shit, maybe I'm the one who cursed it.
    Sorry lads.
    Yellow or White make for a nice top.
  • Ross said:
    We've had far too many blue away kits in recent years, it's time for someone to take a proper crack at creating a modern version of that green and purple one. I liked the nod to it on this year's away kit, but that kit was cursed so we will not speak of it any further. Of course that was the first shirt I'd bought in years. Shit, maybe I'm the one who cursed it.
    Sorry lads.
    Our last blue away shirt was in the 10-11 season. We had a run of blue away shirts in a short period (07-08, 09-10 and 10-11). Other than that we've not had a blue away shirt this century, although we have had four blue third kits
    17/18 was blue away

Charlton Athletic 1718 Hummel Away Kit  1718 Kits  Football
    @randy andy must be coloured blind, or a boycotter.
  • OK, on the subject of fugly kits, I could have sworn we had a really horrendous third kit (or possibly goalie kit?) in the 90s, but I can't seem to find a record of it anywhere now. Had a sort of zigzag pattern across the front, a bit like the Wigan kit below. Does anyone remember this, or have I completely hallucinated it?
    wigan athletic 1993 change kit
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:
    aliwibble said:
    OK, on the subject of fugly kits, I could have sworn we had a really horrendous third kit (or possibly goalie kit?) in the 90s, but I can't seem to find a record of it anywhere now. Had a sort of zigzag pattern across the front, a bit like the Wigan kit below. Does anyone remember this, or have I completely hallucinated it?
    This one I presume you mean? Wasn't a replica shirt. 

That is beautiful 😍 
  • Have a suspicion the away might be grey. Bit of a tribute to the Admiral/Woolwich away shirt we had in the 80s...
  • Have a suspicion the away might be grey. Bit of a tribute to the Admiral/Woolwich away shirt we had in the 80s...
    This one? - Would look quite nice from Hummel if so

Might be a bit similar with the faint chequered home kit we had from 2018/19

Yes would love to see a Hummel take on this! Was actually thinking of this one, but they are both very similar...
    That one would be a good way to keep the silver Hummel chevrons they seem to like

As the black sleeves would make them show better... All hypothetical of course if thats not the colour

That one was white I think? Never actually seen it in the flesh. 
  • Talal said:
    aliwibble said:
    OK, on the subject of fugly kits, I could have sworn we had a really horrendous third kit (or possibly goalie kit?) in the 90s, but I can't seem to find a record of it anywhere now. Had a sort of zigzag pattern across the front, a bit like the Wigan kit below. Does anyone remember this, or have I completely hallucinated it?
    This one I presume you mean? Wasn't a replica shirt. 

Thank you Talal, that's the one. Given we can't ever have played in it if it was only a leisure shirt, I'm not sure why it wedge itself so firmly in my memory. Possibly because it looks like the physical embodiment of the migraines I used to get.

One of my favourites. Remember us being triumphant at Upton Park in this kit. Williams got a brace. 

Although, the white and black kit when Melrose scored in 9 seconds At Upton Park  remains my favourite away kit of all time. 

One of my favourites. Remember us being triumphant at Upton Park in this kit. Williams got a brace. 

Although, the white and black kit when Melrose scored in 9 seconds At Upton Park  remains my favourite away kit of all time. 
    Is it white or grey? Any in game pictures around? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:
    Have a suspicion the away might be grey. Bit of a tribute to the Admiral/Woolwich away shirt we had in the 80s...

It's the white one I was going to sell a few months back.. 
  • PopIcon said:
    Talal said:
    Have a suspicion the away might be grey. Bit of a tribute to the Admiral/Woolwich away shirt we had in the 80s...

Not unless it changed from Adidas to Admiral 😉
  • Talal said:
    PopIcon said:
    Talal said:

Not unless it changed from Adidas to Admiral 😉
    Misunderstanding, thought you were referring to the Melrose goal shirt.

I've never seen the white Admiral shirt in the flesh either.
  • Would love a grey away shirt, as long as the final product isn't really boring like this

(Although I doubt that'd be an issue based on previous Hummel kits)
  • I would imagine the shirt has been designed and is waiting for a sponsor.
  • Is the new kit the one they announced as a training shirt for the Reading game? The fact that it had no sponsor is a little bit ominous - though the optimist in me would view that as an opportunity for a medical devices company to come in and pump some funds into the club in the near future.

The design of the training shirts last season seems to have been kept on in the new blue training kit the squad has been wearing.

• Apologies for not researching first - it’s clearly a stock item from the Hummel catalogue (and a cheap one at that).

https://hummel.co.uk/products/core-ss-poly-jersey-003636-true-red-pro?gn=612166
  • That design has been around at the club for practically the whole time Hummel have been here I think. As I mentioned before the white version was used as the third kit in '17.
  • edited August 2020
    cafc999 said:
    The only time we have have had to use template kits is when the club have asked for a 3rd shirt very late. Just look at all the clubs that Hummel now supply and see how many of them have template kits is a testament to the designers and the passion they have for original football shirts. 
    Though in the OS article about those Ireland tour shirts it said "The kits used in Ireland will be given away to local charities and the full version of the third kit will be worn in the club’s matches against Welling United and Greenwich Borough on July15th." Suggesting the club wanted a proper third kit at the start of the season so not sure why we ended up with a template that year, unless it was still deemed too late.