Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    I think Oztumer will definitely happen (no insider info lol just based on what everyone’s been saying). After that I just think we need another keeper (Amos), another left back (Purrington), a holding midfielder (Bielik), a centre mid (Cullen), a number 10 to compete with Oztumer (Williams) and a quick striker (Nketiah). Then I will be very optimistic. That is a DREAM scenario though
    Isn't the number 10 role going to be Aneke?
    William's can also play on the left side of the diamond and replace Aribo.

Whilst Oztumer, Albie Morgan and Aneke cover the number 10 role.

Cullen to come back into the right of the diamond (competing with Lapslie).

Whilst JFC & Pratley compete for the holding role.
  • Options
    With what Bowyer and coaching staff have done with Cullen & Bielik last year I wouldn’t worry so much with loans as CAFC with that track record I bet we will be able to get 3/4 decent ones as the Prem clubs will all know this and in the end this makes them many millions when they are sold. Logically they will be desperate to send them over 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201906&date=20190629&time=0550

There is still much to be done on the recruitment front, but Aneke and Lockyer are an excellent start to the rebuilding campaign.

Charlton still need to bring in several more players, and everyone is working hard behind the scenes.‎ One deal in particular is very close.
  • Options
    Has to be Oztumer you’d think?
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201906&date=20190629&time=0550

There is still much to be done on the recruitment front, but Aneke and Lockyer are an excellent start to the rebuilding campaign.

Charlton still need to bring in several more players, and everyone is working hard behind the scenes.‎ One deal in particular is very close.
    Williams ?
  • Options
    Think we could do with a decent right back and perhaps then we could move djiksteel to more central midfield position
  • Options
    I would say that's Oztumer, by the sounds of his interview he is off. I reckon he has to wait till the notice he gave Bolton before it can be confirmed
  • Options
    Think we could do with a decent right back and perhaps then we could move djiksteel to more central midfield position
    He needs to get better on the ball IMO to play midfield, like a hot potato a lot of the time. 
    His defending came on very well 2nd half of season which kept his place. 

Not a CM for me at this stage of his career. 
  • Options
    He needs to get better on the ball IMO to play midfield, like a hot potato a lot of the time. 
    His defending came on very well 2nd half of season which kept his place. 

Not a CM for me at this stage of his career. 
    He’d be more comfortable on the ball in the middle if the pitch. That might sound counter- intuitive but there are more options and he’s only been a right back for the last two seasons .  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd say the very close is either Oztumer or Amos . 
  • Options
    If it’s Otzumer or Amos I’m loving the tactic, pick on teams whose owners are bigger pricks than ours, in Bows we trust!
  • Options
    Maybe Oztumer has already signed a contract, but because of all the difficulties and irregularities are Bolton, he and the club have to wait to confirm this until his existing contract expires at midnight on 30 June. Just a thought.
    I would say that's probably it. We have been cherry picked a bit but it looks like the bosses are doing some fine cherry picking themselves 
  • Options
    Rearrange these letters into a well-known phrase: cfffkou. 
  • Options
    Maybe Oztumer has already signed a contract, but because of all the difficulties and irregularities are Bolton, he and the club have to wait to confirm this until his existing contract expires at midnight on 30 June. Just a thought.
    By all accounts, according to his interview, he hasn't been paid in months.

If that's the case, surely he can walk away any time he wants?

Also, I imagine his bosses at the moment are the administrators at Bolton. So, I can't see them holding him back. The sooner he's off their books, the better.

I think he will sign, he may even be flying out to Spain with the rest of the squad (there's no way the club could announce that, he's still a Bolton contracted player), but there may still be a bit of work to do before it can be officially announced.
  • Options
    Exactly what I was told. Got a text yesterday saying Oztumer had passed a medical. He was 100% at the training ground yesterday either way. 
  • Options
    According to the Bolton website they currently have 8 players including Oztumer.  We though we had it bad. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    According to the Bolton website they currently have 8 players including Oztumer.  We though we had it bad. 
    I don't think anyone thought we had it worse than Bolton 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone know if any trialists are joining us for training camp in Spain?
  • Options
    If it’s Otzumer or Amos I’m loving the tactic, pick on teams whose owners are bigger pricks than ours, in Bows we trust!
    Personally, I don’t dig this. Bolton are in an awful mess and I really feel for their fans. 
    If it was the other way round, this type of comment would enrage us.
    Get what you’re saying but maybe I take less pleasure in taking advantage of their situation. 

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Personally, I don’t dig this. Bolton are in an awful mess and I really feel for their fans. 
    Get what you’re saying but maybe I take less pleasure in taking advantage of their situation. 

I agree. I think Amos would have left Bolton whatever. Under different circumstances I would imagine Bolton would be very keen to keep Otzumer. 
  • Options

Also, I imagine his bosses at the moment are the administrators at Bolton. So, I can't see them holding him back. The sooner he's off their books, the better.

I think he will sign, he may even be flying out to Spain with the rest of the squad (there's no way the club could announce that, he's still a Bolton contracted player), but there may still be a bit of work to do before it can be officially announced.
    I read somewhere yesterday that Bolton's administrators had turned down a players request to he released from his contract. Player was named but it wasn't Oztumer. I think the player was still in contract past July 1st & was trying to exercise the clause that says they can leave if they haven't been paid, so it might be that the administrators are doing everything by the book & won't release Oztumer until Monday.

• Options

I read somewhere yesterday that Bolton's administrators had turned down a players request to he released from his contract. Player was named but it wasn't Oztumer. I think the player was still in contract past July 1st & was trying to exercise the clause that says they can leave if they haven't been paid, so it might be that the administrators are doing everything by the book & won't release Oztumer until Monday.

It was one of their youngsters and he’s just signed for Celtic today.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Valley11 said:

It's the natural hypocrisy of football fans.  Our players leave at the end of their contracts and Roland is a see you next Tuesday, we do it to other clubs and Gallen is a genius 🤷‍♂️
    Let's also not forget other clubs have exploited our situation during the RD era and gotten many freebies / bargains out of us like Morrison, Yann, JBG, Gomez, Konsa etc. You could arguably include Magennis signing for Bolton so in the case of Oztumer, Aneke, Lockyer and Taylor the shoe is on the other foot. That's football.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Is Michael Morrison a viable option.

Out of contract at Birmingham, 31 and an experienced and proven league one defender.

No idea what money he is on but Jacko might have his phone number.
    Yes absolutely but probably if we're playing with three centre backs. Not that I'm questioning if Morrison would get in the team it's just he and Lockyer would surely be competing for one place alongside Sarr / Pearce?