Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    Someone just said “taking a long time to announce it” and Cawley said “keep the faith” on Twitter 
    Russell Slade would tell us to be patient.
  • Options

• Options
    It can only be Oztumer. I'd be surprised if it's anyone else, unless we do a group reveal.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    It can only be Oztumer. I'd be surprised if it's anyone else, unless we do a group reveal.
    Would love a Stoke type reveal
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Lockyer posted this two minutes ago. He’s going to a Championship team today. Egg on our faces if it ain’t us.
  • Options
    What a gash head.
  • Options
    Cawley announces imminent signing(s) announced today and Lockyer posts this on the same day? Can it be just a coincidence?
  • Options
    Feels very much like Bauer was with us, could’ve been playing higher level football for a while but showed some loyalty.

Decent little signing that if we get him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It would be so us to do a cringey group announcement, cringey funny though, not palace cringe.
  • Options
    Bet we'll get an annoucement at about 5pm
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Rich also says that there should be one more today
  • Options
    That's a classy farewell by Lockyer. 

Have to say I will be very happy if we get him. He would make a good partner for Naby. Problem we had when we used any 2 of the 3 with BFG, Naby and Pearce was that they were all fairly slow, Lockyer looks a bit quicker so should compliment him well. 

I've read a lot of good things about him on their fans forums as well, meant to be a proper leader, do or die attitude in training etc. Sounds like a Bowyer signing. 

I am quite optimistic it will be us, out of all the linked clubs us and Forest were the only championship sides. I doubt it's Forest cause they've just got a new manager in and we have been told as least one today. 

250+ apps at a pro level, 24 and was the Gasheads captain, very decent pedigree if you ask me. Fingers crossed 
  • Options

Class. 

I hope he signs for us.
  • Options
    Like the fact that he has worn the Captains arm band on many an occasion.
    Shows he has a great attitude and temperament, which will be invaluable in the dressing room too.
  • Options
    Very classy comment. Welcome to Charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Cafc43v3r said:
    What I think is happening at the moment, not ITK at all, is Bowyer is working on 5 players that he wants if the take over happens, or it doesn't.   My guess is its 1 goal keeper, 1 defender (left back or RCB), 2 midfielders (names are out there) and a striker.

Then 3 or 4 loans, leaving 1 or 2 for late on in the window.  I would expect the defender he didn't get on a free, a midfielder who can play at center back and a striker.

That would give him about 20 players.  It's what happens then that will depend on the take over.  1 it goes through, he adds some quality even see some of the current players who he doesn't think are good enough go, or the younger ones out on loan. 2 Roland releases a bit of budget to bring in 3 or 4 championship quality players. 3 the idiot tries to break even and we have to take what ever is in the reduced to clear bin on the 8th August. 
    That's the defender and striker sorted, 2 down 3 to go.

The 2 announced today, and Bonne, are exactly the profile I ment.  Might be good enough if the take over doesn't happen but relatively cheap and happy to be part of the squad if better players come in. 
  • Options
    Bloody hell. Wrong about Oztumer! My mate is apologetic but it was all in good faith.

Can't exactly be unhappy with these two bits of business though. 
  • Options
    Was NOT expecting that one folks. Think of all the goals!
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    These two are out of contract from lower leagues, young, considered the best players on their teams and I think could help...
    Chuks Aneke... MK Dons, 17 goals in 2018-19, 33 goals in last 71 matches, 1.93 tall, only 25 years old.
    Sammie Szmodics, Colchester... okay, L2 and only 1.79 tall but only 23years old and scored 17 from attacking midfield this year. Considered the "crown jewel" of the club, Derby and Bristol City are after him. I see him as a good replacement for Reeves and will add depth.
    Did I mention they are out-of-contract? Any thoughts on them?
    Liked the look of Aneke when i saw him a year or two back.  Surprised he is still at MKDons, think he picked up an injury at some point.  Decent free signing i reckon.  Dont know the Colchester lad
    Good call on Chuks.  Are you getting a scouting fee @NapaAddick
  • Options
    Two great signings today. Is Otzumer off now or could that still be happening too?