Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    Can’t see how players are only playing 45 mins against Romanian team we only got 12 players think Jacko bolder and bowyer will play. 
  • Options
    *****UPDATE ******

The first confirmed signing today - I give you Johnnie Williams !

A lengthy & intensive medical examination was undertaken earlier this morning & I'm delighted to announce that Johnnie will be joining the Addicks !

Johnnie, who joins us from Tunbridge Wells Vets ( hence the rubber gloves required for his examination) should NOT be confused with former loanee Jonny Williams who will be rejoining the club in the next few days. 

It is expected that 2 players with identical names will confuse both opposition managers, players and match officials - especially when bookings are noted by the latter- and as such, will be a huge bonus in the team of 9 that will take the field in the red shirts on August 3rd.

Our latest signing has now left Fanackapan Towers besieged by the press, following a lengthy interview with Jim White and is currently en route to Sparrows Lane where the owner's Player Farm is due to be relaunched.

Put THAT in your pipe & smoke it, "Scoop" Cawley ! 

:wink:
    Have I taken LSD by mistake again?
  • Options
    Phillips/Maynard-Brewer
    Solly/Dijksteel Pearce/Bowry Sarr/Stevenson Page/Mascoll
    Forster-Caskey/Pratley
    Lapslie/Morgan Maloney
    Aouachira 
    Taylor/ Bonne/Ocran

A couple of other youngsters, trialists and signings like Oztumer and I'm sure there's 22 that can play
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Phillips/Maynard-Brewer
    Forster-Caskey/Pratley
    Lapslie/Morgan Maloney
    Aouachira 
    Taylor/ Bonne/Ocran

A couple of other youngsters, trialists and signings like Oztumer and I'm sure there's 22 that can play
    You follow charlton much? :-) Some of those already moved on......
  • Options
    Who's moved on? I thought Ocran, Yao, and Aouachira all have contracts til 2020, Maloney and Mascoll I wasn't sure about though
  • Options
    Mascoll got released I think
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Phillips/Maynard-Brewer
    Forster-Caskey/Pratley
    Lapslie/Morgan Maloney
    Aouachira 
    Taylor/ Bonne/Ocran

Of course we will have 22 players who CAN play. I am sure we will have plenty of 17 year olds at the club. But the concern is not being able to get 11 blokes to go out and play, it's the quality of those 11. 
  • Options
    Bowry got released I think.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    sam3110 said:
    Phillips/Maynard-Brewer
    Forster-Caskey/Pratley
    Lapslie/Morgan Maloney
    Aouachira 
    Taylor/ Bonne/Ocran

Of course we will have 22 players who CAN play. I am sure we will have plenty of 17 year olds at the club. But the concern is not being able to get 11 blokes to go out and play, it's the quality of those 11. 
    You're concerned about the quality of the 11 players who will play in a behind closed doors friendly in the grounds of a hotel against a Romanian side no one has heard of?
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Mascoll got released I think
    Mascoll definitely got released
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Phillips/Maynard-Brewer
    Forster-Caskey/Pratley
    Lapslie/Morgan Maloney
    Aouachira 
    Taylor/ Bonne/Ocran

You're concerned about the quality of the 11 players who will play in a behind closed doors friendly in the grounds of a hotel against a Romanian side no one has hard of?
    I'm sure Seb Lewis and a couple of hotel porters will make up the numbers anyway
  • Options
    No signings today then? 
  • Options
    Breaking news!

Sarr has dyed his hair blonde
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    sam3110 said:
    Breaking news!

Think we need to see evidence of this?

Edit: oh dear!!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Breaking news!

If you scroll back a few pages you’ll see I called this last week, ITK.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah I reckon he'll join us

Surely someone else would have shown interest in him by now for him to have gone elsewhere?
  • Options
    Yeah I reckon he'll join us

Surely someone else would have shown interest in him by now for him to have gone elsewhere?
    I think he really wants to join us and a deal will be done whatever at some point. 
  • Options
    That is a tease, expect a signing soon i think . 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I suppose the benefit for Williams is the fact there isnt really a rush for him to find a club provided he keeps his levels of fitness up

Transfer Window can close and if another club comes along in dire need of a Midfielder (due to a ACL in the opening game etc.) then Williams will be in a key negotiating position

If of course that doesnt happen and we put in a serious offer for him then we've got our man, its a win-win position for him at the moment
  • Options
    Williams confirmed he is going on the trip to spain
  • Options
    It doesn't necessarily mean he'll sign for us - didn't the ex MKD keeper Martin train with us all summer- but it's a promising sign