Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options

Put this in another thread, but worth a go here too - nice visual representation of how many players we need. 12 first team players...

No panic that's a starting 11 there.... we will walk the league!
    Seems sensible, too high a risk of injuries if we let players run. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    Just like what I said on the sale thread; Huddersfield a clear example of how you can use the loan market to your advantage even at this level

The players we bring in that way will be crucial to our season
  • Options
    Joe Pigot may be going to Reading according to Sky. 6 figure sum lol
    15-goals last season for a struggling AFC Wimbledon

Is well worth a risk as a back up striker - I dont think he'd be bad backup to Taylor if we were to sign him actually - Has been a good few years since his disaster game against Millwall at this level and has clearly learnt from it, turning into a typical player who briefly drops down to the Conference and then comes back a stronger / better player as a result

Going by one site; Reading arent the only Championship club interested in him either
    Agree mate. I was not laughing at Joe, i try not to dig players out. Just laughing at the fact yet another player we let go. This shambles over the Helmets reign is a joke. I would not even like to try and add up the profit the club could have made if we had someone in charge with sense.
  • Options
    Joe Pigot may be going to Reading according to Sky. 6 figure sum lol
    15-goals last season for a struggling AFC Wimbledon

Is well worth a risk as a back up striker - I dont think he'd be bad backup to Taylor if we were to sign him actually - Has been a good few years since his disaster game against Millwall at this level and has clearly learnt from it, turning into a typical player who briefly drops down to the Conference and then comes back a stronger / better player as a result

Going by one site; Reading arent the only Championship club interested in him either
    Agree mate. I was not laughing at Joe, i try not to dig players out. Just laughing at the fact yet another player we let go. This shambles over the Helmets reign is a joke. I would not even like to try and add up the profit the club could have made if we had someone in charge with sense.
    To be fair it was probably the right call to release Pigott

Gotta remember that after being released by us he went to Cambridge in League Two, played 10-games and didnt score once

The loans he went on when as a Charlton player didnt really work either and he almost lived off the fact that he was the man to send Southend back to League One when he did a Patrick Bauer in their Play-Off Final - To be fair I wouldnt have blamed you for digging him out, is he good enough for the Championship even this time round?

Ultimately I'm not so sure, would be a risk for anyone but wouldnt be surprised if he proved me wrong
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Its going down each day :)
  • Options
    It never works out well when anyone associated with Charlton makes predictions about signings.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Reading that it sounds like Bowyer wants to push the teams fitness in Spain. Triple sessions and a game with only 12 players? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We may have some trialists with us and maybe Williams trying to keep fit ahead of deciding his future.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    We may have some trialists with us and maybe Williams trying to keep fit ahead of deciding his future.
    Maybe Amos training with us as well ? Just a guess
  • Options
    I see Chuks Aneke being mentioned. I was told he failed a medical at QPR this week. Could be bull but just passing on the info.
  • Options
    In the London news Online it says Reading are on a transfer embargo, then how can they buy Pigott.  These EFL rules are really thorough!
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    In the London news Online it says Reading are on a transfer embargo, then how can they buy Pigott.  These EFL rules are really thorough!
    EFL have to approve any transfers they make, guess if the fee is low enough (Read that they're after Pigott for £250k) then it'll be fine

Edit: Apologies posted a link to the Scum, that link has now been removed
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Reading that it sounds like Bowyer wants to push the teams fitness in Spain. Triple sessions and a game with only 12 players? 
    18 players going at the moment I believe - half a dozen or so of the U23s are invited
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    cfgs said:
    18 players going at the moment I believe - half a dozen or so of the U23s are invited
    Any new players ? Or wouldn’t you know ?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    cfgs said:
    As questioned last night I wonder who those U23s will be:

Doughty will surely be one as he went last year; Stevenson | Sarpong-Wiredu | Ocran | Maynard-Brewer have all been on the bench under Bowyer so imagine they'll go too

Is there anyone from the U18s making the step up to U23s who is good enough?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    cfgs said:
    Thanks. Makes sense. Keeper i guess and hopefully Aouachria and Stevenson as i feel these 2 may be called upon in the league
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    cfgs said:
    Thanks. Makes sense. Keeper i guess and hopefully Aouachria and Stevenson as i feel these 2 may be called upon in the league
    Completely forgot about him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    cfgs said:
    As questioned last night I wonder who those U23s will be:

Doughty will surely be one as he went last year; Stevenson | Sarpong-Wiredu | Ocran | Maynard-Brewer have all been on the bench under Bowyer so imagine they'll go too

Is there anyone from the U18s making the step up to U23s who is good enough?
    Wassam maybe
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    cfgs said:
    Completely forgot about him
    He has been impressive from what i hear. Could be a possible unknown wanting to prove himself if given the chance. I think with our injury luck he will get at least one chance
  • Options
    My guess is that any u23 players taken to Spain will be Roland’s answer to squad players - aouchria will be our 4th striker. Can’t see the ego signing off two more strikers being brought in 
  • Options
    Apparently Aouachria has all the talent but is often blowing out of his arse after 60 minutes. 

A “Bowyer” pre season is just what the doctor ordered I think

dont know the names sadly. No idea about trial lists 
  • Options
    My guess is that any u23 players taken to Spain will be Roland’s answer to squad players - aouchria will be our 4th striker. Can’t see the ego signing off two more strikers being brought in 
    I guess Wassim could also play at the top of the diamond behind the Strikers

Wasnt that where he played a lot for the U23s?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Apparently Aouachria has all the talent but is often blowing out of his arse after 60 minutes. 

Let us know if you hear thanks
  • Options

You are probably right . I think we will get one striker on loan
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Yes, he's someone who will really benefit from a proper Bowyer pre season. If his dedication matches his talent, he could be a useful player.

Morgan is another who needs to work on his fitness, as the talent and intelligence is there already 
  • Options
    No expert on Portuguese football but who the bloody hell are FC Famalicao? Capacity of 5000 and seems like they will be competing in the top division for the first time in roughly 25 years. Yes it's the top division but this is a team who are likely to go straight back down and I don't think they could compete in the Champ. 

All that and we don't have the power to financially compete with them? Shows the worrying situation we find ourselves in. 
    What if he wanted £5k a week in Portugal or £7k a week in England?

• Options

Put this in another thread, but worth a go here too - nice visual representation of how many players we need. 12 first team players...

When you look at that you really see how much trouble we are in. That is barely a top half of league 1 side. Hopefully bowyer can get some quality in or it could be embarassing. It's a big step up in quality to championship and we have no proven champ level players. I think Taylor Philips Sarr jfc and dijksteel will be good at this level.