Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    Phillips
    Dijksteel | Lockyer | Sarr | X
    Bielik | Cullen | Forster-Caskey
    Oztumer
    Nketiah | Taylor

Options for Bench: Goalkeeper | Solly | Pearce | Page | Pratley | Lapslie | Bonne | Morgan

Doughty | Stevenson | Ocran | Sarpeng-Wiredu all to be checked in Pre-Season to see if they can step up

The questions from that are:
     - Who do we sign at Left-Back
     - Who comes in a second Goalkeeper
     - Can we get Bielik and Cullen back
     - Do we still need more options in Midfield?
    This this this, plus Williams and we’d be very competitive.  But unfortunately I can’t see it being this good.
  • Options
    Phillips
    Oztumer
    Nketiah | Taylor

Options for Bench: Goalkeeper | Solly | Pearce | Page | Pratley | Lapslie | Bonne | Morgan

Doughty | Stevenson | Ocran | Sarpeng-Wiredu all to be checked in Pre-Season to see if they can step up

This this this, plus Williams and we’d be very competitive.  But unfortunately I can’t see it being this good.
    Its the alternatives to Bielik and Cullen that are key for me if we cant get them

I do wonder if Bowyer will consider putting Dijksteel in Midfield (Cullen's position) for a friendly with Solly at Right-Back

Lapslie can then take Bielik's position in there if we dont replace anyone I suppose?
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Eddie Nketiah from arsenal on a season loan happening tomorrow  
    I hope this is true is it reliable mate ??
    Yes straight from the horse mouth 
    You should go on tour if you've got a talking horse mate... make a fortune!!
    Eddie Nketiah is Mister Ed?
  • Options
    Oh god some random making up a Nketiah rumour on twitter and he is being put into our starting elevens......... we need to sign some players before we all go stir crazy!
    Didnt @CH4RLTON say it was from the horses mouth rather than on twitter?
  • Options
    Both Cullen and Bielek have a year left of their contracts I believe. Therefore, unless they sign a new deal with their clubs, they won't get loaned to us. Sorry guys I don't see it happening 
  • Options
    Phillips
    Oztumer
    Nketiah | Taylor

Its the alternatives to Bielik and Cullen that are key for me if we cant get them

I do wonder if Bowyer will consider putting Dijksteel in Midfield (Cullen's position) for a friendly with Solly at Right-Back

Lapslie can then take Bielik's position in there if we dont replace anyone I suppose?
    It’s absolutely gutting to think that we might not see at least 1 our best midfield post premiership...

Bielik
    Cullen, Aribo
    Williams

...In a charlton shirt again, I’m sure Bowyer and Gallen are doing all they can, like you say it’s vital we replace them with similar quality, I’ve faith in JFC he looked good with no decent forward to link up with, as a replacement for one of em.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON, don't you need to use some lower case letters for that user name to be your password for all you online accounts? Eight letters at least one number and capital.  Please PM me which one so I can hack your bank account (joking!).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Not heard it in on twitter, word of mouth ( a very reliable mouth) don't shoot me down guys,  ive heard a rumour and this is rumours thread so I thought Id share it
    Your contact didn't go by the name of Anne Summers did it.
  • Options
    From what I hear West Ham will be playing Cullen, Browne(who was on loan at Oxford last season and impressed),and Fernandes (who was on loan at Fiorintina) in their preseason games. It unlikely then that we will know about these players until end of July
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Not heard it in on twitter, word of mouth ( a very reliable mouth) don't shoot me down guys,  ive heard a rumour and this is rumours thread so I thought Id share it
    He said reliable. Punctures.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    He said reliable. Punctures.
    Removed from Basket. Cheers. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    So far we’ve signed one player from The National League.  our manager saying we couldn’t compete on wages with a Portuguese second division club that nobody has ever heard of. That’s where we currently are. I think all the talk of players like Nketiah, Bielik and Cullen plus anyone else that might be coveted by proper football clubs might be a touch premature. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    That Lockyer article is from May 31. 
    I know, I posted it in answer to the point that he hadn’t been linked with anyone else, but it shows he has.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Fair enough and thanks for the rumour but you said "horse's mouth"

That means the player himself.

Now you are saying reliable source which is a different thing.

Hope it's correct whatever the source is but as ever WIOTOS.
  • Options
    Admins, get a ITK league table thread going that way we can filter out the clowns!
  • Options
    The thought of having Nketiah and Taylor as our strikeforce next season gives me a bit more hope for us to stay up .
    It gives me a semi 
    Semi Ajayi would be an excellent signing i agree but likely to be too expensive as still in contract at Rotherham
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Eddie Nketiah from arsenal on a season loan happening tomorrow  
    I hope this is true is it reliable mate ??
    Looking at twitter it’s coming from one random Charlton fan
    A random Charlton who claimed he met Oztumer on a train and said we’d sign Jamal Lowe (who would cost a fee).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobcafc7 said:
    Hearing Chuks Aneke maybe tomorrow.
    I can understand why LB would go for Aneke over Eaves. Aneke can play in Midfield as well.  Let’s see what happens. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Chuks Aneke if true would be nice after losing Aribo. 

I've been pretty shoddy so far at guessing who can sign for us on a free and most have ended up elsewhere or been dismissed. 

My ideal/football manager type window was 

Tom Eaves, Tom Lockyer, Curtis Nelson, Ryan Tafazolli, Joe Day, Jordan Cousins, Ruben LameirasErhun Oztumer, CJ Hamilton, Chuks Aneke, Sammie Szmodics, Graham Carey, Nathan Thompson.

A few others can't remember, bolds are already gone. Tick tock
  • Options
    Our club budget not at all defending Roland but IF he is trying to sell he isn’t going to be spending money on players,

however we are approaching pre season as we are threadbare to put it lightly 
  • Options
    Can’t see why Arsenal would let Nkietah go so early in the window. Usually Prem clubs like to have a look at their players in pre season and let them go on loan in August.

Hope I’m wrong but the above alone sticks a big red flag on that rumour, for me
  • Options
    I would give a reasonable 0.0003% chance that Nketiah signs tomorrow
  • Options
    Loved how some of you were pissing in your pants at some random poster saying we were signing Nketiah. Will you never learn. 
  • Options
    @CH4RLTON he was away in Dubai yesterday on his holidays, so assuming the horses mouth met him there.