Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    I expect that Aribo’s move to Rangers for compensation of only £300,000 is a further blow to the recruitment budget. Whilst Duchatelet would have applied the vast majority of the compensation to operating losses had Joe stayed in England, Bowyer may also have got something towards wages and signing on fees. He won’t see any of it now.

Reducing last summer’s contract offer by 50% was an insult to both Joe Aribo and his agent. I suspect the latter derives an element of satisfaction in seeing Duchatelet’s pathetic penny pinching rebound so spectacularly upon him. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Just as well I didn't say whoosh or you'd be inboxing me with threats to come round my house with your mates again.

It was a joke, get over yourself.
    I don't get why him and his mates bringing a six pack of beers each to share with you is a problem.
    Henry strikes me as wine man, they were offering Fosters too
  • Options
    cafc83 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Just as well I didn't say whoosh or you'd be inboxing me with threats to come round my house with your mates again.

I don't get why him and his mates bringing a six pack of beers each to share with you is a problem.
    Henry strikes me as wine man, they were offering Fosters too
    Babycham.  Always Babycham
  • Options
    I am sick to the gills...a fish and imperial measurement pun mixed together 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    What has happened with Acre?
    No deal, we're now after Michael Hectare of Chelsea.
    If that ain't on loan he won't come for £2.5k per week.
  • Options
    Now official on Ranger's Twitter feed.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Now official on Ranger's Twitter feed.
    and the BBC, in a way thank f**k its over!!

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/joe-aribos-charlton-exit-confirmed-as-rangers-confirm-deal/
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    iaitch said:
    Wooosh
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Get over yourself? I merely stated he wasn’t the league above. I thought it may have been a joke but didn’t find it funny. Apologies if this is a crime, in future I will ensure I correct this. 

And you need to get your facts straight. I never threatened to come round your house with my mates. 

Careful he will name you publicly shortly, another one of Irving's tricks as well as been known to bend the truth somewhat, personally I think the fella is bit of a bully. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What worries me most about the Aribo statement, aside from the disappointment I won’t see him play for Charlton again, is that we appear to have been waiting to announce so we could announce with some good news. And then there isn’t any.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    iaitch said:

Related image
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Now wait for Oztumer to be announced soon I bet!
  • Options
    Sorry if I've missed this, will Williams be training with us from tomorrow?
  • Options
    Surprised we aren't asking a few like him along to a] boost the numbers b] make sure they're fit if they do accept an offer and c] get them involved enough to give them a nudge towards us.  A few more "trialists" might be useful.
  • Options
    Surprised we aren't asking a few like him along to a] boost the numbers b] make sure they're fit if they do accept an offer and c] get them involved enough to give them a nudge towards us.  A few more "trialists" might be useful.
    Probably wouldnt be able to go to Spain if thats the case as would add to the numbers on the flight and hotel rooms etc.
  • Options

Bumped into him on the 11:04 to Sevenoaks earlier, and apparently he will not training with us tomorrow.

I saw his Instagram story and he's down in Tunbridge Wells. Thought he might be with us.
  • Options
       ValleyGary said:

Bumped into him on the 11:04 to Sevenoaks earlier, and apparently he will not training with us tomorrow.

I saw his Instagram story and he's down in Tunbridge Wells. Thought he might be with us.
    no doubt shopping in The Pantiles, or meeting Fanny Fanackapan for a coffee
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ever reliable Football Rumours

18 Jun 2019 13:49:08
    Charlton are set to sign experienced goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard on a one year deal from Burnley.
  • Options
    Any idea why Bowyer is going so far out in a limb criticising Aribo's Rangers move, comparing them unfavourably with Brentford etc? I cannot see what he has to gain and he is pissing off Rangers fans mightily.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Any idea why Bowyer is going so far out in a limb criticising Aribo's Rangers move, comparing them unfavourably with Brentford etc? I cannot see what he has to gain and he is pissing off Rangers fans mightily.
    To be fair... Pissing off Rangers fans aint exactly going to impact him much either though is it
  • Options

Charlton are set to sign experienced goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard on a one year deal from Burnley.
    Guess they don't need him with three England keepers.
  • Options
    Could be worse... they could have linked us with Joe Hart
  • Options

I'd be staggered if we could afford the sort of wages he'd want, a very random rumour that one!
  • Options
    edited June 2019

I'd be staggered if we could afford the sort of wages he'd want, a very random rumour that one!
    The bloke has had a better career of sitting on the bench than Stack or Stuart Taylor.  I would guess 2 grand a week and never play is good work at his age.  If he doesn't want it I'll have it.

In 10 years he has played 47 games for his club, plus 14 on loan. Great work, if you can get it.