Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2019

:( 
  • Options
    No expert on Portuguese football but who the bloody hell are FC Famalicao? Capacity of 5000 and seems like they will be competing in the top division for the first time in roughly 25 years. Yes it's the top division but this is a team who are likely to go straight back down and I don't think they could compete in the Champ. 

All that and we don't have the power to financially compete with them? Shows the worrying situation we find ourselves in. 
  • Options
    embarrassing if true, but standard Roland times. Wish he could do one so we can be a proper club anytime soon!
  • Options
    No expert on Portuguese football but who the bloody hell are FC Famalicao? Capacity of 5000 and seems like they will be competing in the top division for the first time in roughly 25 years. Yes it's the top division but this is a team who are likely to go straight back down and I don't think they could compete in the Champ. 

All that and we don't have the power to financially compete with them? Shows the worrying situation we find ourselves in. 
    Yeah it's very worrying, if we can't compete with them, who will wanna sign for us? We're only gonna be able to afford league one players, kids and journeymen...
  • Options
    If we've really got 3-4 signings coming in for pre season can we just get on with it now and announce them?

With a complete rebuild of the team required we've lost the momentum from promotion already. Thanks Roland.
  • Options

Yeah it's very worrying, if we can't compete with them, who will wanna sign for us? We're only gonna be able to afford league one players, kids and journeymen...
    Not sure why a lot of you find it "worrying" did you really think Roland was going to increase the player transfer and wages budget? He is doing what he always does at this time of year.

• Options
    it is what it is
  • Options
    If we've really got 3-4 signings coming in for pre season can we just get on with it now and announce them?

With a complete rebuild of the team required we've lost the momentum from promotion already. Thanks Roland.
    Highly doubt they have been completed. I imagine it was a rose-tinted glasses comment.
  • Options

I know people have been going on about this the last few days, however in their defence its not Friday yet....

Although I still expect it to be maybe 1 or 2 with a JFC confirmed signed which will be an excuse. At present if we are looking at the bottom of the barrell I would rather we wait if we have a change in ownership which means we can go for quality.

As ever I am not holding my breathe but its pointless going back to 'I told you so', in an ideal world 3-4 players would be nice and urgently needed (and the rest)

• Options

Not sure why a lot of you find it "worrying" did you really think Roland was going to increase the player transfer and wages budget? He is doing what he always does at this time of year.

Except that's not true is it. In the last 2 seasons we have gone into the season with a team capable of winning promotion. Yes he hasn't exactly chucked money at us but who realistically looked at our squad last season and thought we could get relegated. Loans played a huge part but at least we had the ability to sign players good enough for the league. 

But how many teams get promoted and then make cutbacks. And just because we expected it or similar, it doesn't mean it's not "worrying". 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I know people have been going on about this the last few days, however in their defence its not Friday yet....

Although I still expect it to be maybe 1 or 2 with a JFC confirmed signed which will be an excuse. At present if we are looking at the bottom of the barrell I would rather we wait if we have a change in ownership which means we can go for quality.

As ever I am not holding my breathe but its pointless going back to 'I told you so', in an ideal world 3-4 players would be nice and urgently needed (and the rest)

JFC has already been confirmed. But I do expect Oztumer to be announced tomorrow. 
  • Options
    The only positive is, if we really are offering such low wages, any players that do sign will truly want to be here. It could be good for team spirit, although that will obviously only get us so far if we simply cannot sign players with at least the base level of talent required to the play in the Championship.
  • Options

Highly doubt they have been completed. I imagine it was a rose-tinted glasses comment.

More like players have said to LB and/or SG that they are thinking about signing but are keeping their options open. Players don't need to make their minds up for another month yet. Remember Ben Reeves 2 years ago.

Only thing I hope is that any players we do pick up have done a pre-season somewhere - and not like the aforementioned Mr Reeves.

• Options

JFC has already been confirmed. But I do expect Oztumer to be announced tomorrow. 

I know bud, just saying they will class him as one of the signed by Friday :)
  • Options

Jealousy, if we didn't post his tweets we wouldn't be posting anything at all :)
  • Options

More like players have said to LB and/or SG that they are thinking about signing but are keeping their options open. Players don't need to make their minds up for another month yet. Remember Ben Reeves 2 years ago.

Only thing I hope is that any players we do pick up have done a pre-season somewhere - and not like the aforementioned Mr Reeves.

Yes, the worry is that by offering unattractive wages we may still get some of our targets, but not until they've exhausted all other options, and hence they will arrive after much of our pre season has been done.

• Options

I know bud, just saying they will class him as one of the signed by Friday :)
    Fair point, wouldn't be surprised. 
  • Options

Exactly like he did last season, look how that turned out. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I said "increase" the budget, I fully expect him to match what he spent last season and the season before, but not increase it now we are in the Championship.

If we get anywhere near the top this season it will be great, however I doubt it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I said "increase" the budget, I fully expect him to match what he spent last season and the season before, but not increase it now we are in the Championship.

If we get anywhere near the top this season it will be great, however I doubt it.
    Sorry misread your post. Yes I agree totally. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Last season we had among the higher wage bills in League One. This season we are dead last in wages, according to multiple sources. Big difference. You can recover in the first scenario but it’s much harder in the second.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Cash strapped Arsenal who are closing in on a £23m deal for another defender   :|
  • Options
    Shined?  What was he doing with the U21s, polishing the boots?
  • Options
    bobcafc7 said:
    Tom Lockyer Just said he’s goodbyes to Bristol rovers on instergram could he be one of the players signing tomorrow.
    Could be wrong but dont think I've seen him linked with anyone else
  • Options
    bobcafc7 said:
    Tom Lockyer Just said he’s goodbyes to Bristol rovers on instergram could he be one of the players signing tomorrow.
    Could be wrong but dont think I've seen him linked with anyone else
    Forest, Hull and Portsmouth.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tom-lockyer-forest-hull-portsmouth-2928766