Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    It's also a free holiday for Jonny, you'd take it. That or Love Island. Probably more people in the villa than the tour to be fair
    Running in that heat is not the sort of beach holiday I would enjoy!
  • Options
    Unconfirmed reports from various sources that half a player will be  joining next Friday and the other half in January 2020. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Phillips/Maynard-Brewer
    Solly/Dijksteel Pearce/Bowry Sarr/Stevenson Page/Mascoll
    Forster-Caskey/Pratley
    Lapslie/Morgan Maloney
    Aouachira 
    Taylor/ Bonne/Ocran

A couple of other youngsters, trialists and signings like Oztumer and I'm sure there's 22 that can play
    Of course we will have 22 players who CAN play. I am sure we will have plenty of 17 year olds at the club. But the concern is not being able to get 11 blokes to go out and play, it's the quality of those 11. 
    You're concerned about the quality of the 11 players who will play in a behind closed doors friendly in the grounds of a hotel against a Romanian side no one has heard of?
    No I’m concerned we are offering peanuts to any player that Gallen and Bowyer want. That results in those players going elsewhere. 

Plenty of time left but the free agent list gets shorter every day. 
  • Options
    Williams, Oztumer would certainly fill the gaps in the creative midfielder area left by Reeves going, Forster-Caskey I'm looking at as the replacement for Cullen leaving. Still think we'd need a couple in to replace Aribo's and Bielik's roles
  • Options

I'm hoping we get Bielik to replace.....er......Bielik ;)

I still reckon we'll sign Cullen as well on loan

• Options

I'm hoping we get Bielik to replace.....er......Bielik ;)

I still reckon we'll sign Cullen as well on loan

if and big if the takeover is done before end of July cna see Cullen being the first money deal. 
  • Options
    Although the squad is ridiculously light right now, i must admit i'm not overly bothered. Still 5 weeks to the first game and almost 6 until the window closes.

Loan signings likely won't happen until the last week of the window which obviously isn't ideal for pre-season planning but plenty of clubs will be in the same boat, waiting and waiting to see who the top flight clubs are willing to offload. I'm confident we can expect at least 3-4 loans.

In terms of actual signings most players aren't out of contract until this weekend anyway, so i'm sure we'll start to see movement in the next week or so. Plus with the way football is now, a lot of clubs outside the premier league and top half of the championship offer shorter contracts now and there will be a ton of decent players out of contract. Clubs surely know that as it gets closer to the season these players will become more desperate to get a contract and might even lower their initial demands.

Look at how we started last season and we pulled through. I fully trust Bowyer and Gallen to get deals done. 
    Could your glasses be tinted any more rosy?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unconfirmed reports from various sources that half a player will be  joining next Friday and the other half in January 2020. 
    Oztumer and Williams ?
  • Options
    I don’t think Williams is a money motivated that much and is happy to play for us 
    May be happy to take a pay cut on a years contract and earn a better deal next season. He can only do that if he is playing. 

He could even even sign a six month and gamble on a new owner or a better deal. In B&G we trust.
  • Options
    Andy Williams or Serena Williams?

Serena's gone to Wimbledon
  • Options
    I think Williams views matters a bit like Bowyer.
    Happiness/contentment is now more important than just money.
    However, neither want to be taken advantage of and expect a reasonable offer, if not a top one.
  • Options
    Although the squad is ridiculously light right now, i must admit i'm not overly bothered. Still 5 weeks to the first game and almost 6 until the window closes.

Loan signings likely won't happen until the last week of the window which obviously isn't ideal for pre-season planning but plenty of clubs will be in the same boat, waiting and waiting to see who the top flight clubs are willing to offload. I'm confident we can expect at least 3-4 loans.

In terms of actual signings most players aren't out of contract until this weekend anyway, so i'm sure we'll start to see movement in the next week or so. Plus with the way football is now, a lot of clubs outside the premier league and top half of the championship offer shorter contracts now and there will be a ton of decent players out of contract. Clubs surely know that as it gets closer to the season these players will become more desperate to get a contract and might even lower their initial demands.

Look at how we started last season and we pulled through. I fully trust Bowyer and Gallen to get deals done. 
    Could your glasses be tinted any more rosy?
    Ha ha not really that rosy. As i've said it's obvious the squad is light and we all know we need at least 10 signings but i'm not going to panic on 28 June.
  • Options
    Tick tock
  • Options
    What I think is happening at the moment, not ITK at all, is Bowyer is working on 5 players that he wants if the take over happens, or it doesn't.   My guess is its 1 goal keeper, 1 defender (left back or RCB), 2 midfielders (names are out there) and a striker.

Then 3 or 4 loans, leaving 1 or 2 for late on in the window.  I would expect the defender he didn't get on a free, a midfielder who can play at center back and a striker.

That would give him about 20 players.  It's what happens then that will depend on the take over.  1 it goes through, he adds some quality even see some of the current players who he doesn't think are good enough go, or the younger ones out on loan. 2 Roland releases a bit of budget to bring in 3 or 4 championship quality players. 3 the idiot tries to break even and we have to take what ever is in the reduced to clear bin on the 8th August. 
  • Options

Charlton will kick-off their pre-season friendlies with a match against Romanian outfit CS Gaz Metan Mediaș in a behind-closed-doors game on Thursday, July 4th (7pm local time).

Bowyer said: “It’s not going to be anything crazy. It is 45 minutes most of them will be playing and it will just be getting used to the bigger pitch as the first few days of work we are doing, at our training camp, will be in tighter areas, so it’s just to get used to a bit of longer passing and people closing you down. 

Do I assume given the current size of our squad, that this is a 6-a-side fixture?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bring back flags
  • Options
    Wish the flag option was still available
  • Options
    no one should fool for that being a bbc link. they are miles behind our news. 
  • Options
    I know I’m 2 hours ahead here in Kefalonia but time is running out for LBs 3 or 4 signings today!!
  • Options
    I think everyone miss-read the 3 or 4 players signing by Friday.........it was actually 3/4 of a player. Welcome Long John Silver......
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I know I’m 2 hours ahead here in Kefalonia but time is running out for LBs 3 or 4 signings today!!
    Bowyer Out
  • Options
    Someone just said “taking a long time to announce it” and Cawley said “keep the faith” on Twitter 
  • Options
    Another Australian we missed out on because the Aussies can't get their takeover over the line!