Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    Oztumer announced this week I heard
    They'll wait till the announcement of Aribo off then follow up immediately with this.
  • Options
    Oztumer announced this week I heard
    They'll wait till the announcement of Aribo off then follow up immediately with this.
    Probably. From what I’ve heard, this one is done and dusted.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    First three or four will tell us a lot. With a small budget the initial signings should be the priority signings who Bowyer really needs to get in. Hopefully they are his and Gallens preferred players. I think Bonne is a calculated punt who I doubt we will see too much of early on. 
  • Options
    First three or four will tell us a lot. With a small budget the initial signings should be the priority signings who Bowyer really needs to get in. Hopefully they are his and Gallens preferred players. I think Bonne is a calculated punt who I doubt we will see too much of early on. 
    Bonne will start the first game of the season - guaranteed. This is RD we are talking about, we don't get squad players.
  • Options
    Bonne will start the first game of the season - guaranteed. This is RD we are talking about, we don't get squad players.
    I’m sure we’ll bring in at least one more striker, so I wouldn’t say it’s guaranteed.
  • Options
    Let's just hope he's not RD's idea of a Taylor replacement...
  • Options

Is "close" the new "imminent" ??   If so I wont hold my breath.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Cafc43v3r said:
    In the summer of 2013 we had ONE first team player on £2.5k a week or less - the typical salary was double that. That was six years ago.
    So the logical conclusion is that as a club, that is about where we should be pitching our salaries, with out external investment.  That's what we offered BFG.  What's the problem then? 
    That we're offering players half what we were offering six years ago, when we narrowly stayed up? Looking at the 2017/18 operating loss, the club will lose money ("external investment") in all scenarios (excluding player trading). That is unavoidable. As I've said before, the club would have made an operating loss in 2017/18 if it had paid no salaries at all to anyone - and that's assuming ticket revenue wasn't affected by that unlikely scenario.

If you don't like that as owner, sell the club. However, you can budget to try to stay in the Championship and retain the £6m-£8m extra revenue that this generates for 2020/21 or you can forfeit it again by getting relegated to L1. You can run up the operating loss in 2019/20 or 2020/21, but in the latter case you reduce the asset value too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Moo said:
    Funny how Roland works, has a policy of wanting young players that could be sold on for value. Lameiras is 23? Looks like he has potential, already a pretty decent player but won't pay up. Beyond clueless 
    Surely if he was willing to pay Bauer 5k there must be some extra to pay a little more. Nothing is easy with RD 
    God knows but it's just nonsense, Ruben was one of if not the best attacking mid last season, he can play on the wings, as a 10 and he can do a bit in the midfield. Terrorised us to an extent at their place first half and falls under the category of if he's not good enough for the championship he will be good enough if we go down, if he performs in the championship and we go down we could probably get a fee, if we stay up then goody gum drops. 

Instead we are mucking about cause of the weasel. How he ever got rich in the first place is beyond me 
  • Options
    Not signings though.

Knowing our luck it probably means the new kit and new sponsor.
  • Options
    New vending machine contract and a new intern painting the pitch lines at the training ground
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    In the summer of 2013 we had ONE first team player on £2.5k a week or less - the typical salary was double that. That was six years ago.
    So the logical conclusion is that as a club, that is about where we should be pitching our salaries, with out external investment.  That's what we offered BFG.  What's the problem then? 
    That we're offering players half what we were offering six years ago, when we narrowly stayed up? Looking at the 2017/18 operating loss, the club will lose money ("external investment") in all scenarios (excluding player trading). That is unavoidable. As I've said before, the club would have made an operating loss in 2017/18 if it had paid no salaries at all to anyone - and that's assuming ticket revenue wasn't affected by that unlikely scenario.

If you don't like that as owner, sell the club. However, you can budget to try to stay in the Championship and retain the £6m-£8m extra revenue that this generates for 2020/21 or you can forfeit it again by getting relegated to L1. You can run up the operating loss in 2019/20 or 2020/21, but in the latter case you reduce the asset value too.
    Sorry it has been mentioned we offered BFG 5k a week, which you suggests would have been a "typical" salary.  So that's not half is it?  
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Sorry it has been mentioned we offered BFG 5k a week, which you suggests would have been a "typical" salary.  So that's not half is it?  
    Mentioned and also contradicted, but I wasn't talking about Bauer. I was talking about the club's ability to recruit suitable new players if it is offering them £2.5k a week.

Our senior players won't have been on £2.5k or less a week in L1, so it doesn't seem likely that many will sign for that salary for a club in the Championship.
  • Options
    Rumour from the other forum:

We've enquired into Herbie Kane on loan from Liverpool. He was one of the better players for Doncaster last year. 
    good player. Liverpool may like this step up from league 1 and will get games. 
  • Options
    Would definitely take him from what I saw, Kane, Whiteman, Wilks and Marquis looked like the standout players in the Donny side. 
  • Options
    Only because everybody seems to be confused. 5 was offered to Bauer, 2.5 was offered to freebies who were not previously at the club. Final time i promise :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I reckon if we had we had offered a two year deal to Bauer at 5k a week at the start of or during last season he would have take it.

why we didn’t I have no idea. He is too good for League 1 imo but you need a core of senior players if you are looking for promotion.

The only suggestion I have is that Duchâtelet is clueless. Despite wanting to sell, he has no idea what creates or destroys value in a football club. 

A mid-table league one club with a budget that matches expenditure is not going to be worth as much as a loss making championship side. 

Economically crazy but true
  • Options
    Well I wouldn’t say you’re going to be wrong but hasn’t Bowyer already said that Bonne is “a project” to work with ? Implies he’s been brought in for potential rather than being expected to start. On that basis I’m going to say that unless we really bomb out in the transfers he won’t be starting or anywhere too close to.
  • Options
    Bauer wasn’t going to sign another League One contract last summer - he always wanted Championship football for 2019/20. The only reason we had a shot this summer is due to promotion.
  • Options
    Not signings though.

Knowing our luck it probably means the new kit and new sponsor.
    Whilst our sponsor ran out, our kit manufacturer is still in place. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I actually think he would have done very well at Southampton. If we had to lose him I wanted him to go there. The way they played last year once Hasenhüttl came in would have suited him. 
  • Options

How is it we keep making losses 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I actually think he would have done very well at Southampton. If we had to lose him I wanted him to go there. The way they played last year once Hasenhüttl came in would have suited him. 
    Nah glad he's gone Rangers

Imagine the compensation that Roland would have been paid had he gone to Southampton, this is Joe's way of sticking two fingers up at him as bet the players know that any transfer fees wont go back into the squad building
  • Options

How is it we keep making losses 
    If that's a serious question, it's because pretty much all English clubs have greater expenditure than their income.