Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    Could be a massive week. 4-5 signings by Friday according to Bowyer
  • Options
    So we're offering top end 4/5k a week hardly enticing for top level league 1 players let alone championship. Our only pull for any of these players is guaranteed first team football or the opportunity to join a United unit under lee Bowyer. I think personally we need to get a core of 18/20 to see us through to Jan, new owners pump a little money in and that's where bowyer shows what he can do. Him and gallen are lethal with little to nothing imagine what they'd achieve with abit of wonga
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    So we're offering top end 4/5k a week hardly enticing for top level league 1 players let alone championship. Our only pull for any of these players is guaranteed first team football or the opportunity to join a United unit under lee Bowyer. I think personally we need to get a core of 18/20 to see us through to Jan, new owners pump a little money in and that's where bowyer shows what he can do. Him and gallen are lethal with little to nothing imagine what they'd achieve with abit of wonga
    Surely what should be "enticing" for top level League 1 players is the fact that we are in the Championship. That means they get to play against better players, in better & bigger stadiums (with bigger crowds) and have more exposure due to more televised games.

Or is it just down to money.
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Surely what should be "enticing" for top level League 1 players is the fact that we are in the Championship. That means they get to play against better players, in better & bigger stadiums (with bigger crowds) and have more exposure due to more televised games.

They could play for us in the Championship for 2.5-3k a week... Or A.N. Other team in the same league but for considerably more. The only real selling point we have that no-one else does is Bowyer himself.
  • Options
    After a quick skim of the free agents a couple of names stand out. Joe Ledley, Johan Djourou, Danny Guthrie. Players with experience at this level or higher and if we really are in the shit players we might end up turning to.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    CAFCDAZ said:

With you being a financial adviser what do you think ?

do people when offered a choice of return of 5% on their money for a year or 10% returned per annum over 3 years ever choose the first option .

of course for players with a limited decent earning time scale of 10-15 years it will 99% be about the money .

• Options
    Jack Payne on a free? Did quite well in a bad side last season. Might be someone we can afford and still young at 24. Just a guess .. hope we sign some soon free list is getting smaller. No idea what we I’ll do for strikers now we are not getting Eaves. 
  • Options
    Massive 6 weeks mate. We need to average two new signings per week from now until 8th Aug.
    The squad will be inadequate. We know that’s how Duchatelet works. The big difference this time is that in The Championship we will be found out much more easily. Bowyer wants a squad of 22 plus kids. I think that leaves us needing to sign ten players as we stand ? Tall order getting that done and then moulding a competitive team to hit the ground running. I expect at least two prem loans will come in after the season has started. Early target names are falling by the wayside. Bowyer expects four by Friday. We’ll see.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    There doesn’t appear to be many rumblings over the weekend of impending signings. I thought we’d have heard more on the Plymouth winger, Lockyer etc 
    Bowyer and Gallen rinsing their free call minutes no doubt. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would imagine they have 3 diffrent lists. 

1 current budget
    2 a bit better 
    3 a lot better 

You don't want to fill the squad with players from list 1 this week then find out you could have got some better ones.  I would assume Bonne would have come in anyway, it's just his place in the pecking order that will change.

The longer this drags on the more from list 1 they are going to have to sign to make up the numbers. 
  • Options
    I have heard and not sure how reliable that 3 have already signed which would make sense why LB seemed confident on 3-4 in by next Friday. 
  • Options
    I have heard and not sure how reliable that 3 have already signed which would make sense why LB seemed confident on 3-4 in by next Friday. 
    Well I suppose they do only become our player officially on the 1st of July.
  • Options
    Massive 6 weeks mate. We need to average two new signings per week from now until 8th Aug.
    The squad will be inadequate. We know that’s how Duchatelet works. The big difference this time is that in The Championship we will be found out much more easily. Bowyer wants a squad of 22 plus kids. I think that leaves us needing to sign ten players as we stand ? Tall order getting that done and then moulding a competitive team to hit the ground running. I expect at least two prem loans will come in after the season has started. Early target names are falling by the wayside. Bowyer expects four by Friday. We’ll see.
    i'd expect us to have 4 loans in by the time the window closes on 8 August.
  • Options
    Where was that said about the 3?
  • Options
    Where was that said about the 3?
    It is what I have heard. 
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    But nothing to stop them being announced now.
  • Options

#cafc's move for Ruben Lameiras has hit a bit of a stumbling block.

• Options
    Like he wants more than what we are offering
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Done almost twenty minutes before you posted that in here and you had already acknowledged his signing in his own thread.

That was the joke
    Great joke, apart from missing the funny bit. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    cfgs said:
    But nothing to stop them being announced now.
    True, it might be that their current club has requested we don't, we did that with Matt Taylor when he joined from Exeter.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Probably him mocking Lyle Taylor about 2 years ago....and we won’t pay him more.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Wanna bet that the stumbling block is Roland?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Wanna bet that the stumbling block is Roland?
    The general stumbling block is Roland but Bowyer knows the budget. If we can't afford him we need to go for other players. Yes the quality will reduce but Bowyer knew the situation, as we all do. 

We are going to be signing mid table League 1 players and then the squad will be filled with loanees where the Prem club pay a chunk of the wages. 
  • Options
    Funny how Roland works, has a policy of wanting young players that could be sold on for value. Lameiras is 23? Looks like he has potential, already a pretty decent player but won't pay up. Beyond clueless 
  • Options
    Funny how Roland works, has a policy of wanting young players that could be sold on for value. Lameiras is 23? Looks like he has potential, already a pretty decent player but won't pay up. Beyond clueless 
    Surely if he was willing to pay Bauer 5k there must be some extra to pay a little more. Nothing is easy with RD 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Moo said:
    Surely if he was willing to pay Bauer 5k there must be some extra to pay a little more. Nothing is easy with RD 
    I still see Powell's face at the initial press conference when the Belgian took over.

Powell could see the future.
    Powell was in the thick of the present at the time - knew RD was lying through his yellow teeth at that press conference.