Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    I know it's the rumours thread but this is why I want Eaves. I've tried to keep it realistic and with players that we have been linked with or players on record Bowyer has praised.

The playstyle speaks for itself, I noticed last season how selfless Lyle is and how effective he is when he drifts out wide, feel like with a proper target man we could exploit that, Lameiras a typical winger, CJ Hamilton can play as a versatile left sided player, his pace would protect Naby on the overlaps when Naby gets adventourous with his passing, it would allow them to two up on any sort of tricky wingers. That's where I felt Naby got exposed at times last season, Lockyer to break up the play, sort of the Yoni Buyens role, play the ball forwards to Oztumer, Oztumer to create the chances, if he gets targeted he can be well protected and we could run the flanks. Nathan Thompson as a right sided CB, he played as a right back all last season but I think Anfernee could be a seriously decent wing back, has pace, can beat a man and confident on the ball, would link up well with Lyle imo and there was glimpses of it last season. Pearce to do his usual hustle and bustle, lead from the back.

That would be my game plan for next season and I think it's realistic. The diamond we were exposed at league 1 sometimes and that's with players of quality like Cullen and Bielik, without them it's gonna get worse I just don't think we have the complete full backs to play a system that relies a lot on one on one defending, Dijksteel showed signs.

Heard from what should be a reliable source this morning that Lameiras is very unlikely to be joining, even though he's spoken with Bowyer. Not enough money. Possibly heading back to Portugal.
    Not enough money? The guy has played for league one Coventry and league one Plymouth!

Wtf are we offering?
    I've said on here several times before .. briefly .. what is a 'nice earner/good living wage outside the M25 might be inadequate in 'real' London. On a couple of grand a week (or a lot less) (e.g.) Lameiras could live like a prince in Portugal .. players have to maximize their earnings and savings in what is a short career ..  living and working in expensive cities like London would make a hole in a player's potential cash pot .. In this context, I mean a player outside the 'parachute bolstered' Champ clubs and the Prem of course 
  • Options
    I suspect that Bowyer and Gallen will get pretty frustrated losing our targets to better offers. Trying to cherry pick the best players from league one is sensible but there will be ten or so Championship clubs looking to do the same and offering better terms. There will also be a few league one sides able to do the same. 

I think the target for next season is to stay in touch with the relegation candidates and hope that a takeover has happened and put us in a position to buy in January. 
  • Options
    I know it's the rumours thread but this is why I want Eaves. I've tried to keep it realistic and with players that we have been linked with or players on record Bowyer has praised.

The playstyle speaks for itself, I noticed last season how selfless Lyle is and how effective he is when he drifts out wide, feel like with a proper target man we could exploit that, Lameiras a typical winger, CJ Hamilton can play as a versatile left sided player, his pace would protect Naby on the overlaps when Naby gets adventourous with his passing, it would allow them to two up on any sort of tricky wingers. That's where I felt Naby got exposed at times last season, Lockyer to break up the play, sort of the Yoni Buyens role, play the ball forwards to Oztumer, Oztumer to create the chances, if he gets targeted he can be well protected and we could run the flanks. Nathan Thompson as a right sided CB, he played as a right back all last season but I think Anfernee could be a seriously decent wing back, has pace, can beat a man and confident on the ball, would link up well with Lyle imo and there was glimpses of it last season. Pearce to do his usual hustle and bustle, lead from the back.

That would be my game plan for next season and I think it's realistic. The diamond we were exposed at league 1 sometimes and that's with players of quality like Cullen and Bielik, without them it's gonna get worse I just don't think we have the complete full backs to play a system that relies a lot on one on one defending, Dijksteel showed signs.

Heard from what should be a reliable source this morning that Lameiras is very unlikely to be joining, even though he's spoken with Bowyer. Not enough money. Possibly heading back to Portugal.
    Not enough money? The guy has played for league one Coventry and league one Plymouth!

Wtf are we offering?
    I've said on here several times before .. briefly .. what is a 'nice earner/good living wage outside the M25 might be inadequate in 'real' London. On a couple of grand a week (or a lot less) (e.g.) Lameiras could live like a prince in Portugal .. players have to maximize their earnings and savings in what is a short career ..  living and working in expensive cities like London would make a hole in a player's potential cash pot .. In this context, I mean a player outside the 'parachute bolstered' Champ clubs and the Prem of course 
    100%

When a player moves one of the major factors to consider is where they are to live.

The club he plays for is possibly secondary to this.
  • Options

Wtf are we offering?
    100%

When a player moves one of the major factors to consider is where they are to live.

exactly .. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I still think we will make Eaves an offer.
    I have been told by a Gillingham fan he was on 2k a week.
    Surely we can offer him 4k or thereabouts. 
    Where is the nearest caravan site to SE7?
    Have a look out of your window.
  • Options
    I still think we will make Eaves an offer.
    I have been told by a Gillingham fan he was on 2k a week.
    Surely we can offer him 4k or thereabouts. 
    Where is the nearest caravan site to SE7?
    Have a look out of your window.
    Says the geezer living in Dagenham.
  • Options

Wtf are we offering?
    100%

£2.5k a week is approx £130k pa.  That's the salary of a top grade Hospital  Consultant (inc extras). Good enough to get you a 4 bed house in Chislehurst, Beckenham or  Bromley. Hardly slumming it..
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Must be very tempting for the fella....... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Wtf are we offering?
    100%

£2.5k a week is approx £130k pa.  That's the salary of a top grade Hospital  Consultant (inc extras). Good enough to get you a 4 bed house in Chislehurst, Beckenham or  Bromley. Hardly slumming it..
    Where did I use the term "slumming it"?
  • Options
    Agent tells player a club has come in for him,  the first subject raised after knowing the club would be wages.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Reading through all 60 pages of this thread I have come to the conclusion Roland is a cnut. 
    You are a slow learner.
    Only reaffirming what I have been saying for the past couple of years tbf.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Davo55 said:
    Wearing a hoodie in June. Must be preparing for those bitter Scottish summers.

• Options
    I suspect that Bowyer and Gallen will get pretty frustrated losing our targets to better offers. 
  • Options
    One thing I think we’ll all agree Bowyer can’t complain he didn’t know what the budget was and the challenges it brings when deciding to sign up for more
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One thing I think we’ll all agree Bowyer can’t complain he didn’t know what the budget was and the challenges it brings when deciding to sign up for more
    Hopefully he has been told of a few decent loan signings he can have. 
    Otherwise we be f@#@$ed
  • Options
    In the summer of 2013 we had ONE first team player on £2.5k a week or less - the typical salary was double that. That was six years ago.
    So the logical conclusion is that as a club, that is about where we should be pitching our salaries, with out external investment.  That's what we offered BFG.  What's the problem then? 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    To be fair, none of the players we've allegedly been after have signed for other clubs yet

Players may be after money but it doesn't mean they'll get it. After all Ben Reeves waited all summer for a better offer before he joined us
    True, but Reeves did have a good offer from us to 'fall back on'. 

I highly doubt players like Eaves will fail to get more money elsewhere. 
  • Options
    To be fair, none of the players we've allegedly been after have signed for other clubs yet

Players may be after money but it doesn't mean they'll get it. After all Ben Reeves waited all summer for a better offer before he joined us

I've no idea, but I doubt Reeves was offered more than the sums that the likes of Aribo and Bauer were offered for example
  • Options

I've no idea, but I doubt Reeves was offered more than the sums that the likes of Aribo and Bauer were offered for example
    He wasn't on less than Bauer was offered. 
  • Options

Hopefully he has been told of a few decent loan signings he can have. 
    Otherwise we be f@#@$ed
    foisted?  You mean a lot of inferior Belgian league players will be foisted on us? Very possible.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    In the summer of 2013 we had ONE first team player on £2.5k a week or less - the typical salary was double that. That was six years ago.
    So the logical conclusion is that as a club, that is about where we should be pitching our salaries, with out external investment.  That's what we offered BFG.  What's the problem then? 
    You must have missed it. BFG joined Preston :smile:
  • Options
    According to rumour we are in for Rick Savage. 
    More likely Lilly Savage !
    Better than Robbie Savage!