Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    I think 3-5-2 will be used more regularly next season tbf, best way to accommodate naby and Pearce 
    And that we actually flirted with 3 at the back last season, pretty offended at the lols tbh and I'll get the culprits back for it 
  • Options
    If we go 3 at the back I think it’s more likely we’d go with 3 CMs and 2 strikers rather than a front 3. Don’t see Bowyer switching to a lone striker unless we find it’s the only way we can get results.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    If we go 3 at the back I think it’s more likely we’d go with 3 CMs and 2 strikers rather than a front 3. Don’t see Bowyer switching to a lone striker unless we find it’s the only way we can get results.
    Or we only have one striker
  • Options
    Maybe it’s just me but I didn’t take it in the literal sense, just a chess metaphor about what he can do next.
  • Options
    Anfernee is unlikely to plat at CB as his heading is poor at best. 
    He has lots of very good attributes but heading is definitely not one of them.
    he has potential to be a very good wing back because he is so strong and fast but I’ve heard he’s a holding midfielder so maybe we’ll see that next year
  • Options
    I know it's the rumours thread but this is why I want Eaves. I've tried to keep it realistic and with players that we have been linked with or players on record Bowyer has praised.

The playstyle speaks for itself, I noticed last season how selfless Lyle is and how effective he is when he drifts out wide, feel like with a proper target man we could exploit that, Lameiras a typical winger, CJ Hamilton can play as a versatile left sided player, his pace would protect Naby on the overlaps when Naby gets adventourous with his passing, it would allow them to two up on any sort of tricky wingers. That's where I felt Naby got exposed at times last season, Lockyer to break up the play, sort of the Yoni Buyens role, play the ball forwards to Oztumer, Oztumer to create the chances, if he gets targeted he can be well protected and we could run the flanks. Nathan Thompson as a right sided CB, he played as a right back all last season but I think Anfernee could be a seriously decent wing back, has pace, can beat a man and confident on the ball, would link up well with Lyle imo and there was glimpses of it last season. Pearce to do his usual hustle and bustle, lead from the back.

That would be my game plan for next season and I think it's realistic. The diamond we were exposed at league 1 sometimes and that's with players of quality like Cullen and Bielik, without them it's gonna get worse I just don't think we have the complete full backs to play a system that relies a lot on one on one defending, Dijksteel showed signs.

Heard from what should be a reliable source this morning that Lameiras is very unlikely to be joining, even though he's spoken with Bowyer. Not enough money. Possibly heading back to Portugal.
  • Options
    I know it's the rumours thread but this is why I want Eaves. I've tried to keep it realistic and with players that we have been linked with or players on record Bowyer has praised.

The playstyle speaks for itself, I noticed last season how selfless Lyle is and how effective he is when he drifts out wide, feel like with a proper target man we could exploit that, Lameiras a typical winger, CJ Hamilton can play as a versatile left sided player, his pace would protect Naby on the overlaps when Naby gets adventourous with his passing, it would allow them to two up on any sort of tricky wingers. That's where I felt Naby got exposed at times last season, Lockyer to break up the play, sort of the Yoni Buyens role, play the ball forwards to Oztumer, Oztumer to create the chances, if he gets targeted he can be well protected and we could run the flanks. Nathan Thompson as a right sided CB, he played as a right back all last season but I think Anfernee could be a seriously decent wing back, has pace, can beat a man and confident on the ball, would link up well with Lyle imo and there was glimpses of it last season. Pearce to do his usual hustle and bustle, lead from the back.

That would be my game plan for next season and I think it's realistic. The diamond we were exposed at league 1 sometimes and that's with players of quality like Cullen and Bielik, without them it's gonna get worse I just don't think we have the complete full backs to play a system that relies a lot on one on one defending, Dijksteel showed signs.

Heard from what should be a reliable source this morning that Lameiras is very unlikely to be joining, even though he's spoken with Bowyer. Not enough money. Possibly heading back to Portugal.
    Not much point the squad going away at this rate. No players left! 
  • Options
    Going to be reliant on loans and cheap players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not panicking too much just yet. My son is a financial /mortgage advisor and he and his company have some top, top players on their books. In all the years he has been in the game this is the quitest he’s know it. There are so many players out there who, to date, are (or will be) out of contract. Many will have to adjust their wage demands accordingly if they want work.
  • Options
    addick05 said:
    Not panicking too much just yet. My son is a financial /mortgage advisor and he and his company have some top, top players on their books. In all the years he has been in the game this is the quitest he’s know it. There are so many players out there who, to date, are (or will be) out of contract. Many will have to adjust their wage demands accordingly if they want work.
    Surely this will suit Roland.
  • Options
    Surely we can get some players in now seeing we have lost Bauer and Aribo. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I actually think we may now be reliant on young Prem loans this season as I can't help but feel any proven players from League 1 or above might expect more than we are able to pay. 

To sign permanently for us you would have to be a free agent, with low wage expectations and desperate to play for Bowyer in the Championship 
  • Options
    According to rumour we are in for Rick Savage. 
    A bit too old although he did have a spell at Sheffield United as a youngster despite his devotion to the Massives  
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    A bit too old although he did have a spell at Sheffield United as a youngster despite his devotion to the Massives  
    Every year I invent a transfer rumour linking us to a member of Def Leppard. 
    I was just about to say isn’t he the one-armed drummer in Def Leppard ... would be a good addition to the squad at this rate 
  • Options

Rubbish news, but cheers for sharing.

I didn't think we would get him after hearing about the salary issues and figured he would end up with Swansea where he is also linked.

1 down then out of my hypothetical team then
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Thought it was worth a post 

Jordan Hugill who the ex West Ham employee linked us, Blackburn and Preston with looks set to be released 

Edit: actually he probably means let go with a fee, still thought I would share 
  • Options
    More likely Lilly Savage !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought it was worth a post 

Jordan Hugill who the ex West Ham employee linked us, Blackburn and Preston with looks set to be released 

Edit: actually he probably means let go with a fee, still thought I would share 
    A strange signing for West Ham really as he barely played under the manager who signed him (Moyes). It's not as if he was a talented youngster for the future
  • Options
    JFC to sign today.
  • Options
    Done almost twenty minutes before you posted that in here and you had already acknowledged his signing in his own thread.

• Options
    Done almost twenty minutes before you posted that in here and you had already acknowledged his signing in his own thread.

That was the joke
  • Options

Not enough money? The guy has played for league one Coventry and league one Plymouth!

Wtf are we offering?
  • Options
    I still think we will make Eaves an offer.
    I have been told by a Gillingham fan he was on 2k a week.
    Surely we can offer him 4k or thereabouts. 
    Where is the nearest caravan site to SE7?
  • Options