Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    And the key part being here is he can do it at the league below and some IF we get relegated. We have to consider that, I see him as a Kieffer Moore type, question marks on the championship but if we do go down we should be able to bounce straight back up with him, unfortunately that is the position we are in.
  • Options
    Some of you seem to have very short memories where Eaves is concerned. We didn't see him against Charlton last season.

I remember him tearing us a new ar5ehole at The Valley the previous season, and scoring both of their goals...
    Played 45mins against us @ the Priestfield

Didnt score both goals at the Valley that season either; Josh Parker got the other, plus they were up against Harry Lennon and a pre-decent Naby Sarr
    I think Lennon had gone to Sarfend by then.  Eaves muscled both Kashi and Sarr off the ball just outside the box, and set up his team-mate for a goal.

A partnership of Taylor and Eaves could be highly impressive.  
    Harry only left us last summer
  • Options
    I'd still sign Eaves even if the plan was for him to be third choice striker just get him through the door we've got enough signings we need to bring in already.
  • Options
    I'd still sign Eaves even if the plan was for him to be third choice striker just get him through the door we've got enough signings we need to bring in already.
    This.
    And what with what Shitweasel is prepared to pay I seriously cannot see us getting anyone better. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    So, we've lost Bauer, we've lost Aribo and we're not going to be signing Tom Eaves

Are u Eaves agent?
    No but if I was the better Andy Carroll would be a red next season.

Tell you who I wouldn't mind as a thought, Tyler Walker. Contract up in July and I think he only has league 1 interest. 22 goals in 44 games or something, could do worse
    I think he had another year on his contract sadly
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I know it's the rumours thread but this is why I want Eaves. I've tried to keep it realistic and with players that we have been linked with or players on record Bowyer has praised.

The playstyle speaks for itself, I noticed last season how selfless Lyle is and how effective he is when he drifts out wide, feel like with a proper target man we could exploit that, Lameiras a typical winger, CJ Hamilton can play as a versatile left sided player, his pace would protect Naby on the overlaps when Naby gets adventourous with his passing, it would allow them to two up on any sort of tricky wingers. That's where I felt Naby got exposed at times last season, Lockyer to break up the play, sort of the Yoni Buyens role, play the ball forwards to Oztumer, Oztumer to create the chances, if he gets targeted he can be well protected and we could run the flanks. Nathan Thompson as a right sided CB, he played as a right back all last season but I think Anfernee could be a seriously decent wing back, has pace, can beat a man and confident on the ball, would link up well with Lyle imo and there was glimpses of it last season. Pearce to do his usual hustle and bustle, lead from the back.

That would be my game plan for next season and I think it's realistic. The diamond we were exposed at league 1 sometimes and that's with players of quality like Cullen and Bielik, without them it's gonna get worse I just don't think we have the complete full backs to play a system that relies a lot on one on one defending, Dijksteel showed signs.

• Options
    As of right now I would take Charles Charlie Charles.
  • Options
    Thanks Thomas. I will forward your suggestions on to Roland. ;-)
    I would absolutely leave that bloke for dead on football manager. Please don't insult me mate 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JFC
  • Options
    As of right now I would take Charles Charlie Charles.
    Don’t forget Carlos Kickaball 
  • Options
    Some of you seem to have very short memories where Eaves is concerned. We didn't see him against Charlton last season.

I remember him tearing us a new ar5ehole at The Valley the previous season, and scoring both of their goals...
    Played 45mins against us @ the Priestfield

Didnt score both goals at the Valley that season either; Josh Parker got the other, plus they were up against Harry Lennon and a pre-decent Naby Sarr
    Sign him up! Parker's only goal at The Valley I imagine...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42475515

Our back 4 was Konsa Sarr Lennon Dasilva, with Bauer for some reason on the bench. As this was a NYD fixture I assume this was squad rotation.
  • Options
    Eaves at £4000? Gets to start right away for a team
    in London one division up? He would bite his arm off to get that. Personally, I would offer £3500 and dare him not to take it.
    I'd offer him £2500 and double dare him.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Seem to be a lot of assuming we’ll sign players who aren’t as good as Bielik or Cullen. We’re now in a higher division and Bowyer’s more proven. After the season those two had we’re more likely to get good young players on loan as we’ve shown we’ll give them game time, improve them and play good football. I’m sure we’ll sign a few players that haven’t even been linked with yet.

I’m not giving up hope yet of Bowyer and Gallen putting together a decent squad.
    Agreed

It's not as if when Cullen and Bielik came in everyone here was celebrating, often the best loan players are under the radar
  • Options
    edited June 2019

That lineup stays up, barely, imho, with Bowyer at the helm.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    So as things stand assuming we play the diamond again next season

Phillips
    Dijksteel Pearce Sarr Page
    Pratley
    JFC Lapslie
    Morgan
    Taylor Bonne

If we were still in league 1 I wouldn't mind too much but that team needs a major make over for the champ
    That team would not be near the top of league one 
    It deffo would, league1 is absolutely crap. We would still have the best striker, arguably the best keeper, arguably the best centre back pairing. Very decent full backs, Lapslie would develop, JFC is definitely a high end league1 midfielder, ditto Pratley and Morgan is a talent.

The issue is we aren't in league1 but it's absurd to think that team wouldn't at the very least be in a play off fight in league 1

It really wouldn’t. We finished third with a team that had 4 midfielders better than any of them and our best centre back has gone.  Pearce and Sarr is a car crash together in a 4- neither of them can play right channel.  Plus Pearce and Page love a treatment table 
  • Options
    Nathan Thompson?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nathan Thompson?
    Pompey defender who's out of contract and leaving. More a right back though?
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    So as things stand assuming we play the diamond again next season

Phillips
    Dijksteel Pearce Sarr Page
    Pratley
    JFC Lapslie
    Morgan
    Taylor Bonne

If we were still in league 1 I wouldn't mind too much but that team needs a major make over for the champ
    That team would not be near the top of league one 
    It deffo would, league1 is absolutely crap. We would still have the best striker, arguably the best keeper, arguably the best centre back pairing. Very decent full backs, Lapslie would develop, JFC is definitely a high end league1 midfielder, ditto Pratley and Morgan is a talent.

The issue is we aren't in league1 but it's absurd to think that team wouldn't at the very least be in a play off fight in league 1

It really wouldn’t. We finished third with a team that had 4 midfielders better than any of them and our best centre back has gone.  Pearce and Sarr is a car crash together in a 4- neither of them can play right channel.  Plus Pearce and Page love a treatment table 
    Forget injuries etc, I am saying on paper as a team I don't see many other teams beating it. League1 is a pure hangover league. It's for decent sized clubs who have had a downfall (us, Pompey, Coventry, Bradford, Sunderland etc) and for clubs who are too good for league 2 but not good enough to stay up in the championship (Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster etc) 

It's all hypothetical anyway, the issue is that's our team now and it's not good enough to contend in the championship
  • Options
    Nathan Thompson?
    Pompey defender who's out of contract and leaving. More a right back though?
    Yes he is but can also play as a centre back, we were linked with him a few seasons ago and by all accounts he has had a good season at Pompey, they didn't want him to go.

Every player on there I reckon has been on our radar, I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them at least play for us next season 

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Maybe we will see Dijksteel as a defensive midfielder which is apparently his position.
    If he does not go to Middlesbrough
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Anfernee is very keen to play for us in the Champ
    Could he be our RCB if he bulks up a bit?  Played in a three on at least one occasion.
  • Options
    So I see people worrying about Taylor going elsewhere... who has he been linked with and what’s the source?

Seen nothing myself and curious where it’s come from.
  • Options
    I think 3-5-2 will be used more regularly next season tbf, best way to accommodate naby and Pearce 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    So I see people worrying about Taylor going elsewhere... who has he been linked with and what’s the source?

Seen nothing myself and curious where it’s come from.

From that on the Lyle Taylor thread

Whoops made a mess of that 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    CAFCDAZ said:
    I think 3-5-2 will be used more regularly next season tbf, best way to accommodate naby and Pearce 
    Only that Naby was diabolical in that system in the playoff games