Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    Gary Mackay Steven now being linked. Turned down move to MLS and turned new deal down with Aberdeen.

• Options
    Maybe we will see Dijksteel as a defensive midfielder which is apparently his position.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    tajaddick said:
    Gary Mackay Steven now being linked. Turned down move to MLS and turned new deal down with Aberdeen.

Where have you seen this? All I can see is that he is New York City bound and turned down Pompey
  • Options
    tajaddick said:

Where’s this?
  • Options
    I’m looking forward to making all the Rangers fans cry when we are planning for the Premier League next season and we sign their best players for pennies.
  • Options
    Only Cullen Bauer Beliek Aribo and Grant to replace now then! 
    Relax! The good news is we have Aribo's £300k fee to spend to replace them all! Oh wait, we already spent £200k of it on Bonne.
  • Options
    So, we've lost Bauer, we've lost Aribo and we're not going to be signing Tom Eaves

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Don’t think Tom Eaves is all that. We can, hopefully, get better.

Always expected Aribo would be off. I thought we had a chance with Bauer.

Another massive rebuild needed, no chance of carrying over that momentum now. We just need to keep our head above water until Roland sells and we can do a proper rebuild next summer. Fingers crossed...
  • Options
    So, we've lost Bauer, we've lost Aribo and we're not going to be signing Tom Eaves

Are u Eaves agent?
  • Options
    I still think we will make Eaves an offer.
    I have been told by a Gillingham fan he was on 2k a week.
    Surely we can offer him 4k or thereabouts. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:

Are u Eaves agent?
    If he was he wouldn't bother talking to us at the moment seeing as we are offeeing so little in wages.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Maybe we will see Dijksteel as a defensive midfielder which is apparently his position.
    Other than 10 minutes in an away game when Bielik went off injured Dijksteel has never played in that position for the 1st team despite playing there for the U23.
    His interplay with Joe and Lyle for our first goal at Wembley was very impressive but I'm not sure if Bowyer see's him as a midfielder.
    With the loss of 3 of our Wembley midfield it may be worth having a look. 

• Options
    Yes,we can offer the 4k  which was offered and turned down by Patrick Bauer.

• Options

Bauer turned down 4k a week as it was a pay cut.
    4k a week would double Eaves wage. 
    Big difference. 
    Also  Bauer was offered much more by Preston. 
    Eaves will not be offered anything like that imo.
  • Options

You believed everything you read on Charlton Life, you were always destined to be disappointed. 
  • Options

Big difference. 
    It was 5k, Preston only offered a further 1.5/ 2 a week
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Big difference. 
    Cheers. 
    I doubt Eaves will be offered anything like that from anybody to be honest. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Eaves at £4000? Gets to start right away for a team
    in London one division up? He would bite his arm off to get that. Personally, I would offer £3500 and dare him not to take it.
  • Options
    I wouldn’t offer Eaves anything like that amount if we only offered Bauer £5k.

£2k p/w with £1k goal bonus. Take it or leave it, we are a league above Gillingham and that’s about as good as he should expect. I very much doubt Gillingham are paying him even £2k p/w, they had players on £500 p/w only a season ago.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Are u Eaves agent?
    No but if I was the better Andy Carroll would be a red next season.

Tell you who I wouldn't mind as a thought, Tyler Walker. Contract up in July and I think he only has league 1 interest. 22 goals in 44 games or something, could do worse
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:
    I wouldn’t offer Eaves anything like that amount if we only offered Bauer £5k.

£2k p/w with £1k goal bonus. Take it or leave it, we are a league above Gillingham and that’s about as good as he should expect. I very much doubt Gillingham are paying him even £2k p/w, they had players on £500 p/w only a season ago.
    It doesn't matter what he was on at Gillingham.

What matters is what Pompey or whoever have offered him for next season.
  • Options
    So we all agree 3k per week will be as good as he is gonna get offered anywhere. 
    Then let's make the offer.
    For that sort of money we will not get anyone better. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I think 3k is low and he will have a better offer elsewhere. I think he's ideal as said before, he would allow Taylor to express himself more and not have to work alone as much. 

I reckon he ends up at Pompey they have some money now and they need a striker, fits the bill
  • Options
    Some of you seem to have very short memories where Eaves is concerned. We didn't see him against Charlton last season.

I remember him tearing us a new ar5ehole at The Valley the previous season, and scoring both of their goals...
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Some of you seem to have very short memories where Eaves is concerned. We didn't see him against Charlton last season.

I remember him tearing us a new ar5ehole at The Valley the previous season, and scoring both of their goals...
    Played 45mins against us @ the Priestfield

Didnt score both goals at the Valley that season either; Josh Parker got the other, plus they were up against Harry Lennon and a pre-decent Naby Sarr
  • Options

Well your memory is even shorter than the rest of us since he played the whole second half at Priestfield two months ago.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Big difference. 
    “Only”. That’s a 30% to 40% difference, i.e. substantial. 
  • Options

Played 45mins against us @ the Priestfield

Didnt score both goals at the Valley that season either; Josh Parker got the other, plus they were up against Harry Lennon and a pre-decent Naby Sarr
    I think Lennon had gone to Sarfend by then.  Eaves muscled both Kashi and Sarr off the ball just outside the box, and set up his team-mate for a goal.

A partnership of Taylor and Eaves could be highly impressive.  
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Big difference. 
    “Only”. That’s a 30% to 40% difference, i.e. substantial. 
    That's what I was thinking. If it's £7Kpw, it's still an extra £200K pa, over 3 years =£600K, plus say £100K signing on fee.
    £700K who would turn that down ?