Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    Richard Cawley dismissing Eaves is concerning imo, as much as I'm joking about saying I'm his number 1 fan it is most definitely the best we can do with our sort of transfer policy. 

People are saying could Eaves make the step up, that quite literally applies to our whole squad. Will Taylor? Chances are yes but it's not a guarantee. Also the comments about play style are naff, we will not be able to replicate last season's playstyle. If Aribo goes (looking likely) then that's all 3 of our midfielders that allowed us to play such a dynamic fast paced game gone. How will we even begin to replace them. That's a striker on a free who has scored 20+? Two seasons on the spin in a league below and we are priced out.

I just don't see how we can do any better, most of the strikers who have his strike rate in the leagues below command a fee which we won't pay aka John Marquis, we can't afford a player in the same league as us so we will have to look to the loan market which could effect our whole pre season. Crap news imo, I'm as confident he would have performed for us as I was Taylor. 

I've have said Norwood would have been a better bet but we missed the boat. Ipswich seem to be hoovering up the best "free" transfers in a bid to come straight back.

• Options
    I am surprised this is a problem at all with Aribo. Get him on 2 years at 20K per week. Then sell him this time next year for £2-7M. Pays for itself many times over, we get money to spend when he leaves, and we probably stay up. Win, win, win. Roland looks too much at cost now and not value over time.
  • Options
    All Bow has to say to Aribo is have you looked at Rangers first 3 fixtures.............Kilmarnock, Hibs & St Mirren.  Really  ??   you want to play against them ??  C'mon, we all know he will leave sometime soon but is that really career progression.
    It's all about the money.
  • Options
    I am surprised this is a problem at all with Aribo. Get him on 2 years at 20K per week. Then sell him this time next year for £2-7M. Pays for itself many times over, we get money to spend when he leaves, and we probably stay up. Win, win, win. Roland looks too much at cost now and not value over time.
    Agreed, except RD won't benefit if he sells before Aribo leaves.
  • Options
    Roland’s hoping he’ll have sold by then. And if one player gets £20k a week others might expect it. Those sort of wages just aren’t going to happen under RD, even if it makes sense.
  • Options
    Pushed him for an answer just got laughter, happy for a chat though nice lad, Sainsbury’s Chislehurst so I can confirm he’s not in Glasgow!

Cmon mate give us some gos, what did he have in his basket
    Haggis.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    cfgs said:
    Richard Cawley dismissing Eaves is concerning imo, as much as I'm joking about saying I'm his number 1 fan it is most definitely the best we can do with our sort of transfer policy. 

People are saying could Eaves make the step up, that quite literally applies to our whole squad. Will Taylor? Chances are yes but it's not a guarantee. Also the comments about play style are naff, we will not be able to replicate last season's playstyle. If Aribo goes (looking likely) then that's all 3 of our midfielders that allowed us to play such a dynamic fast paced game gone. How will we even begin to replace them. That's a striker on a free who has scored 20+? Two seasons on the spin in a league below and we are priced out.

I just don't see how we can do any better, most of the strikers who have his strike rate in the leagues below command a fee which we won't pay aka John Marquis, we can't afford a player in the same league as us so we will have to look to the loan market which could effect our whole pre season. Crap news imo, I'm as confident he would have performed for us as I was Taylor. 
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Eaves at Sunderland next season as they lacked a decent striker.
    I think they're after Freddie Ladapo mate. Apparently Sunderland and Pompey both put in a 500k bid, Pompey only didn't sign him due to wage demands. 

I think the most likely destination for Eaves will be Pompey, will suit Jacketts football and they need a striker.

Edit: and just like that Pompey have signed a striker 

• Options
    Froggy66 said:

I've have said Norwood would have been a better bet but we missed the boat. Ipswich seem to be hoovering up the best "free" transfers in a bid to come straight back.

Norwood would have fit the Bowyer criteria, hard worker and lots of energy, helps he seems like he has a bit about him as well, top signing for Ipswich. 

If we had decent ownership we probably could have got both and then that lets us bed Bonne in similar to Morgan rather than having to start him next season which at judging by everything we have seen and heard looks to be the case 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    A) Roland will have sold so wont get sale cash but will bare some of the wages until he sells so not nec a great business decision for him

B ) other players will want / expect similar

C) Aribo could pick up a terrible injury first game and not recover

D) he has never played Champ level and could still flop.

I want Aribo to stay but £20k pw = £1M per year = c7% of the clubs expected turnover and over 10% if relegated come end of season.  It is interesting to read how easily people spend others money!

RD is a prat who has made plenty of bad decisions and if i was owner and had funds i would likely take a punt on Aribo making him an offer to encourage him to stay but it is not a one way bet
  • Options
    Bowyer does make sense, but I think Gerrard will
    be saying the exact same thing, that he can learn and develop further with them, but on a better salary.

In recent years, how many players have played in Scotland, moved to England, and been a success?

The days of Dalglish, Hanson, Gemmill et al have long gone.

Case in point? Tony Watt...
    Van dijk
    wanyama 
    Dembele - ended up in France but still 

tbf they are all from Celtic though! None from ranges I can think of at all...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Young arsenal striker on loan is what ive heard. No name tho sorry
  • Options
    A) Roland will have sold so wont get sale cash but will bare some of the wages until he sells so not nec a great business decision for him

B) other players will want / expect similar

I want Aribo to stay but £20k pw = £1M per year = c7% of the clubs expected turnover and over 10% if relegated come end of season.  It is interesting to read how easily people spend others money!

RD is a prat who has made plenty of bad decisions and if i was owner and had funds i would likely take a punt on Aribo making him an offer to encourage him to stay but it is not a one way bet.

Well said

People seem to forget that this buy cheap players, pay high wages and sell on was his original model and got us Polish Pete, Sarr, Ajose, etc, etc

Now he's lost £65m+ he gone to the other extreme of paying bare minimum.

The time to sign up Aribo was last summer but Roland even managed to mess that up by offering 50% less than the first offer. Aribo called his bluff and didn't sign.

All Duchatelet's fault for thinking he knew better than all the other owners and could employ Meire and Driesen and Fraye and still be a success.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    What's he going to have on the back of his shirt? 
    Doing some more digging
  • Options
    Froggy66 said:

Norwood would have fit the Bowyer criteria, hard worker and lots of energy, helps he seems like he has a bit about him as well, top signing for Ipswich. 

If we had decent ownership we probably could have got both and then that lets us bed Bonne in similar to Morgan rather than having to start him next season which at judging by everything we have seen and heard looks to be the case 
    With different owners I doubt we'd have been after a striker who's only ever done it at L2/National level. 
  • Options
    Nketiah
  • Options
    Nketiah
  • Options
    Might end up having Bow and JJ as player coaches by the look of things! 
  • Options
    Froggy66 said:

With different owners I doubt we'd have been after a striker who's only ever done it at L2/National level. 
    I don't know. I don't think there is much wrong with signings at that level, they simply just can't be expected to play first team football though. He should be bedded in via carabao cup games, u23s etc. If we start him next season it's not great 
  • Options
    It was no surprise that Eaves was "injured" when we played them at our place and could only make the bench when at theirs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

B ) other players will want / expect similar

RD is a prat who has made plenty of bad decisions and if i was owner and had funds i would likely take a punt on Aribo making him an offer to encourage him to stay but it is not a one way bet
    Plus - I imagine a £20k per week contract will make it harder for potential buyers to afford him. He would undoubtedly be looking for £25k minimum to move and that could reduce the market for him significantly when the time is right to move him on.
  • Options
    Behave, give them a chance mate....
  • Options
    May I just say that I hate Roland with a passion. 
    The Feel good factor that we had following beating Sunderland  could have carried us to God knows where with a decent owner. 
    Within a few short weeks that has all changed.
    Thanks Roland. 

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF 
  • Options
    Plenty of time. We have one in the door. Many clubs have signed no one yet. We do need more than most I trust them to get it done
  • Options
    No news on Aribo is bad news I think.
  • Options
    Plenty of time. We have one in the door. Many clubs have signed no one yet. We do need more than most I trust them to get it done
    How many other teams have a budget fit for the League below though? With just about enough players to put an XI out?
  • Options
    Let’s face the reality here. We will start the season with an inadequate squad just like we have pretty much every season under Duchatelet. We might get lucky again to boost the numbers late on but equally we might not. 
    Can’t remember what sort of date they signed but our squad looks quite a lot different last season if we don’t get Bielik or Cullen. 
  • Options
    Behave, give them a chance mate....
    It’s a joke...don’t worry 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    No news on Aribo is bad news I think.
    No news means he's contemplating his options.
    Rangers fly out to Portugal tomorrow.
    If he flies out I would consider that to be bad news.