Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    Really hope Aribo stays for his benefit as well as ours, not only will playing well in the Championship next season be a gateway to a bigger move than it will playing for Rangers, the level of opposition is higher and he's settled in this area right now.

The only positives in moving to Rangers are more money (that would be agent driven as much as anything) and the possibility of working with Gerrard, a generational midfield talent, but let's be honest Jackson and Bowyer's credentials in that area aren't too shabby
  • Options
    Aribo is being advised by Marcus Gayle who also made a move to Glasgow. He believes the move would be good for Joe....... plus the lure of the cash...., plus the pressure from his agent............ Bowyer has his work cut out 
  • Options
    Aribo is being advised by Marcus Gayle who also made a move to Glasgow. He believes the move would be good for Joe....... plus the lure of the cash...., plus the pressure from his agent............ Bowyer has his work cut out 
    Gayle made all of 4 appearances, scored no goals, and scarpered back down south to watford almost instantly......
  • Options
    Wasn't it Gayle who recommended Aribo to Jason Euell?

Think he was manager at Staines
    Yup
  • Options
    Gayle made all of 4 appearances, scored no goals, and scarpered back down south to watford almost instantly......
    Yes, this is the player who played well over 600 matches for teams in London or just outside, his career is hardly extolling the virtues of moving to Scotland, or indeed outside the M25!
  • Options
    Sorry guys but I can't see it happening, the pull of the money will be too strong. If the rumours are right and he'll be on 20k per week, that'll be a MASSIVE step up for him, maybe 3-4 times what he's on now. Plus he'll playing for one of the best English midfielders ever in a massive club. Bow could definately be right, he very might develop more with us but I very doubt he'll be here next season.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Bowyer does make sense, but I think Gerrard will
    be saying the exact same thing, that he can learn and develop further with them, but on a better salary.

In recent years, how many players have played in Scotland, moved to England, and been a success?

The days of Dalglish, Hanson, Gemmill et al have long gone.

Case in point? Tony Watt...
  • Options
    be saying the exact same thing, that he can learn and develop further with them, but on a better salary.

In recent years, how many players have played in Scotland, moved to England, and been a success?

The days of Dalglish, Hanson, et al have long gone.

Van Dijk has done alright
  • Options

Virgil Van Dijk's done ok I suppose 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If I was the guy who saw Aribo I would have played a blinder, would have put on my fantastic Scottish accent and made out I couldn't wait for him to sign for the Gers, might have given something away as to where he will end up 

• Options
    He won’t get those niceties in the local supermarket in Glasgow.
  • Options
    Pushed him for an answer just got laughter, happy for a chat though nice lad, Sainsbury’s Chislehurst so I can confirm he’s not in Glasgow!

Aribo hoping that by wearing his hoodie up, he wouldn't be recognised...

"bugger"
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Van Dijk has done alright
    Victor Wanyama too. 
  • Options
    All Bow has to say to Aribo is have you looked at Rangers first 3 fixtures.............Kilmarnock, Hibs & St Mirren.  Really  ??   you want to play against them ??  C'mon, we all know he will leave sometime soon but is that really career progression.
  • Options

Dodoo was quality 
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Wearing a hoodie in June. Must be preparing for those bitter Scottish winters.
    And autumns, springs and summers 
  • Options

Dodoo was quality 
    He scored on his debut.

Then it was all down hill from there on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pushed him for an answer just got laughter, happy for a chat though nice lad, Sainsbury’s Chislehurst so I can confirm he’s not in Glasgow!

Cmon mate give us some gos, what did he have in his basket
  • Options
    Not sure how credible Bows “not ready for big move” is given he left Charlton aged 19 on a “big move”
  • Options

If you want to see a cafc related player, just hang out at sainsburys Chislehurst. Seen Lapslie and Kiely in there recently. 
  • Options
    The fact we've still got a chance of keeping Aribo makes me optimistic. In all honesty I think agents normally get their own way , its nothing against the players it's the way of the world.

But in this case Bows reallly has a point,  other than the wages, moving to Scotland quite clearly  is a bad move joe in this stage of his life.

If he is mature to look at the big pucture which i belive he is we have half a chance lf keeping him.
  • Options
    Can't blame Aribo if he goes to Rangers must be very tempting for him but personally think his career would benefit by staying another season and if he carries on playing at the level he did last season should be attracting medium size premier league sides with the opportunity to earn better money 
  • Options
    Richard Cawley dismissing Eaves is concerning imo, as much as I'm joking about saying I'm his number 1 fan it is most definitely the best we can do with our sort of transfer policy. 

People are saying could Eaves make the step up, that quite literally applies to our whole squad. Will Taylor? Chances are yes but it's not a guarantee. Also the comments about play style are naff, we will not be able to replicate last season's playstyle. If Aribo goes (looking likely) then that's all 3 of our midfielders that allowed us to play such a dynamic fast paced game gone. How will we even begin to replace them. That's a striker on a free who has scored 20+? Two seasons on the spin in a league below and we are priced out.

I just don't see how we can do any better, most of the strikers who have his strike rate in the leagues below command a fee which we won't pay aka John Marquis, we can't afford a player in the same league as us so we will have to look to the loan market which could effect our whole pre season. Crap news imo, I'm as confident he would have performed for us as I was Taylor. 
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Eaves at Sunderland next season as they lacked a decent striker.
  • Options
    I still think we will sign Eaves. 
    With the budget Shitweasel is giving to Bowyer we will not get anyone better.