Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options

Makes you wonder if Bowyers situation was cleared up sooner would he be a Charlton player or was it just a money issue.

The optimist in me says we have Williams, Lockyer and Oztumer already sorted and we will announce them all as soon as Aribo goes to soften the blow/meltdown 
    Why do people think Williams will sign? If we can't afford to bring in Eaves/Ruben/Keep Aribo then we can't afford JW.
    I think Williams was happy just to be playing football. He will never again earn what he did at Palace I think it could happen he signs for us a one year deal to prove fitness and move on
  • Options
    Those 3-4 signings we expected seems to be diminishing quickly. One by the weekend?
    Who else have we missed out on?
  • Options
    When one of our manager's say they hope to sign x amount of players by x date, it rarely if ever happens.
    I don't know why people expect it to happen. It's an absolute bonus for me if it does.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Those 3-4 signings we expected seems to be diminishing quickly. One by the weekend?
    Exactly. Who knows who we are signing apart from the players involved and our management team. .
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Delort. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Scoham said:
    Delort. 
    I’m still hoping we can get that one over the line.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Josh Morris 
  • Options
    Only trouble with Williams is that he is made of balsa wood..won t play 46 games a season..nearer 30 

• Options
    lolwray said:
    Only trouble with Williams is that he is made of balsa wood..won t play 46 games a season..nearer 30 

Sorry, he's made of crisps :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Diamanté crisps
  • Options
    Delfin said:

I think what ever team a player signs for he needs to know he will play in his chosen position, its not all about money Lameires is a 10 maybe Charlton wanted him to be running up and down the wing protecting his full back not what a creative player wants to do
    Although the money on offer was the main issue, the position Bowyer wanted hi to play was also a consideration in his decision, allegedly.
  • Options
    Delfin said:

I think what ever team a player signs for he needs to know he will play in his chosen position, its not all about money Lameires is a 10 maybe Charlton wanted him to be running up and down the wing protecting his full back not what a creative player wants to do
    Although the money on offer was the main issue, the position Bowyer wanted hi to play was also a consideration in his decision, allegedly.
    Behind the front 2 rather than on the wing?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Delfin said:

Behind the front 2 rather than on the wing?
    In goal.
  • Options

TOTAL RUMOUR ALERT *

The sort of players I would like us to look at are people like Brewster on loan, he is coming back from an injury and might struggle to get in the Liverpool squad, he would need to go out to get games and would suit probably a top Championship (not us), totally unrealistic but if we could get someone in that mould, Nikiteh would also be a great signing but again I am not sure whether people in a better position will come in.

Roll on Friday, Roll on getting some players and seeing how we will fair, this is going to be painful and always will be with Roland involved.

Gutted to lose both Bauer + Aribo, we need similar quality at minimum and not just the first players that come available. problem is we need to do the business early which for loans will be unlikely.

• Options
    edited June 2019

Gutted to lose both Bauer + Aribo, we need similar quality at minimum and not just the first players that come available. problem is we need to do the business early which for loans will be unlikely.

And that truly is the problem.

What with the uncertainty around the takeover and the tiny budget, I fear it'll be a late show trying to sign quality cheaply when most of the best available has already been snapped up by other clubs.

Ideally, we need to have most of the squad assembled before we fly off to Portugal to get the full benefit. 

But despite every effort by Bowyer and Gallen, that's not going to happen.

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Otzumer expected to sign today, on Newsnow
    Had a feeling he'd be one of the first to sign, good move all round if it goes through. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Yeah, but it's from Vitalfootball, which is pants.

Wait until Richard Crawley announces it, and I'll believe it...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    He's made a habit of scoring on his debut, so no pressure.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:
    Redrobo said:
    He's made a habit of scoring on his debut, so no pressure.
    Another Dodoo?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

The guy at vital seems very confident. Plus R Crawley did a story earlier this month.  
  • Options
    Moo said:
    Redrobo said:

The guy at vital seems very confident. Plus R Crawley did a story earlier this month.  
    I'm not saying he won't sign. I think he will. It's the "today" I have a problem with...
  • Options
    Moo said:
    Redrobo said:

I'm not saying he won't sign. I think he will. It's the "today" I have a problem with...
    And the difficulty with comments about timings are, as per the Bonne signing, they are not always announced as soon as they are completed.
  • Options
    Oztumer, Tumerrr, he's only 5 foot 3, he's better than Lionel Messi, Oztumer Tumerrr

We're finally replacing Jack Munns!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Oztumer, Tumerrr, he's only 5 foot 3, he's better than Lionel Messi, Oztumer Tumerrr

We're finally replacing Jack Munns!
    And Johnnie Harrison
  • Options
    3-4 new signings very quickly turned into 'well getting JFC to sign is like having a new signing'