Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• A short version of Cullen ?
  • A short version of Cullen ?
    different player. gets forward more & scores goals. But maybe not as good in passing/distribution as Cullen
  • Hope Oztumer is the player he was the last time he played at the Valley. Blinding. Probably lessens the chances of resigning Williams. Very similar. 
  • Hope Oztumer is the player he was the last time he played at the Valley. Blinding. Probably lessens the chances of resigning Williams. Very similar. 
    A Chris Powell type signing ...... re-signing our ex-Academy players after they've proven themselves as Pros elsewhere.

Danny Green, Danny Haynes, Lawrie Wilson - you're next. :smile:

• Have we worked out / discussed why he could barely get in a very poor Bolton side? Was it linked to the ongoing financial situation?
  • Have we worked out / discussed why he could barely get in a very poor Bolton side? Was it linked to the ongoing financial situation?

Think they played a fairly direct style which obviously didn't suit him at all
    He’s the type of player that will be more suited to a Bowyer side than a Parkinson one.
  • edited June 2019
    Have we worked out / discussed why he could barely get in a very poor Bolton side? Was it linked to the ongoing financial situation?
    I think it's more of an issue of how he plays and what he does and doesn't bring - in much the same way as Williams he's something of a ''luxury'' player in that he won't bring much combativity or pressure to a team (not being the biggest or strongest of players), he needs to be given the ball rather than going to get it - which was something that Bolton didn't really have the time or quality to spare. Partner him up with a Pratley or Cullen style scrapper who can bring the physicality and he'll shine more as he can pick a pass or have a shot. 
    I could be wrong though as I've not really been an avid follower of his.
    Bolton don't play to his style of football, was a odd signing from them considering they just play long balls into Donaldson or Magennis. Not really gonna work for 5 foot 3 Oztumer, who likes to be part of the build up, quick slick passes, and run at players rather than just hoof it long
  • Sponsored links:

• Where does that leave Coutinho and Griezmann I wonder? On a plane to London city airport I hope
  • Neymar is on his way back to Barcelona according to the Spanish press.

Unfortunately for us our takeover won't be done in time so yet another signing we've missed out on.
    We always miss out, sick of it. Truly sick of it
  • hawksmoor said:
    Redrobo said:
    Otzumer expected to sign today, on Newsnow
    He's made a habit of scoring on his debut, so no pressure.
    Another Dodoo?
    I've passed Dodoos bigger than Oztumer.
  • sam3110 said:
    Where does that leave Coutinho and Griezmann I wonder? On a plane to London city airport I hope
    I wonder if they'll sign Griezmann anyway (apparently his release clause kicks in on 1 July) and then use him as part of the deal to get Neymar back.

I'd be very surprised if they can afford transfer fees and wages for both unless they can get rid of Coutinho and Dembele.
  • i dont give a shit
    Whilst your provided insight offers positive vulgarity, I feel the need to point out the complete lack of rumour. 
  • hawksmoor said:
    Redrobo said:
    Otzumer expected to sign today, on Newsnow
    He's made a habit of scoring on his debut, so no pressure.
    Another Dodoo?
    Hardly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=YqqSQuY9OZY

• Four by Friday ? Going to be a busy 72 hours
  • Sponsored links:

• Four by Friday ? Going to be a busy 72 hours
    Was thinking exactly the same. 
    Unless  (wishful thinking) Bowyer is waiting to see what budget he has regarding a takeover 
  • That Oztumer is so quick and decisive. Proper finisher, yet he doesn't play as a striker.

Looks a proper Bowyer type player.

• Oggy Red said:
    That Oztumer is so quick and decisive. Proper finisher, yet he doesn't play as a striker.

Aribo goes Williams and Oztumer join?

Hopeful but unlikely.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    That Oztumer is so quick and decisive. Proper finisher, yet he doesn't play as a striker.

Aribo goes Williams and Oztumer join?

Hopeful but unlikely
    I love all the optomistic posts regarding Williams. 
    Despite his injury record he will be offered far more money than Helmet will offer him.
    Sadly he won't be here 
  • Williams carries the ball and takes players on, unhinges defences and indirectly contributes to goals scored - but other players make the incisive assist and score the goals that his play leads to..

Oztumer plays through teams with great 1st touch and sharp passing, and instinctively puts his shots on target.

Both Oztumer and Williams are small players ..... maybe there's only a place in the team for one player like them. The balance of the team also needs some tall physical players to compete in the air and win the physical battles.

• The Turkish Messi !!
  • Bowyer said signing Williams could hinge on other things. Would make sense that there was only room in the budget for one of him or Aribo. I’d prefer Aribo as he’s a more rounded and robust player, but I’d certainly accept Williams as an alternative if Aribo does leave. 
  • edited June 2019
    If the rumours about the sort of wages a player can expect when signing for us are true then i expect to be very disappointed at the standard of player we attract. Wouldnt be surprised if nigh on all the players on here that we've been linked with go elsewhere. LB and the management team are going to need a miracle sadly.