Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karlan Grant moves to Huddersfield

Comments

• Options
    braydex said:

so who plays up front now?

Just dusted my boots off
    Top scorer in the league for my school 3 years running and we won the league all 3 years
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Addickted said:
    jesus christ - what a club

pretty clear from the vid that the deal was likely tied up yesterday, oh well we move on ventokele to score more than 10?, cant see it myself, if a decent replacement was brought in then i would have no worries, get eaves in from gills.
  • Options
    RedMist said:

Take a cushion Karlan 👍

12 months then out on loan.

Good luck to the young man, a life changing move that he could not turn down. This will have made him for life, although like Elliott, Hamer and Poyet perhaps he will not make many appearances.
  • Options
    good luck to the lad but, i'm not overly bothered about losing him.

• Options
    Good luck to him,but I just felt he owed us something for the way the club supported him over the Ibiza incident.,but their again loyalty is a thing of the past.Please can we not lay all of this at Rolands door,we are a third division club and no club(Except Sunderland) could have afforded to turn this down.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    good luck, fortune and prosperity to him.. BUT, NEVER against us .. like Grant, let's all now move on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Good luck to him,but I just felt he owed us something for the way the club supported him over the Ibiza incident.,but their again loyalty is a thing of the past.Please can we not lay all of this at Rolands door,we are a third division club and no club(Except Sunderland) could have afforded to turn this down.

Did they need to support him over the Ibiza incident though? - If he did nothing wrong then there was nothing the club could do, had they sacked him he'd have been within right to go straight to the PFA

i.e. Look at how Sheffield United dealt with the Ched Evans case... Now they supported him until he was actually guilty and THEN they got rid
  • Options
    Good luck to him, I'm pissed off again we are one way traffic when it comes to good players and transfers in January but not in the least bit surprised. The Huddersfield centre forward has not been able to hit a cows arse with a banjo this season, Mounier. Grant, from what I've seen of him has pace as his main asset and now should have a lot of confidence which is invaluable when playing under the cosh which is what Huddersfield have done all season.

I can't really blame shitarse for this one but if nobody is brought in to replace him as is always the case with January, or any transfer for us then it further proves what a wanker we have for a chairman.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Have absolutely no issue at all with Grant going. Since his loan to Crawley he has really kicked on as a player, and you can see why he has been attracting the attention of other clubs.

That being said I cannot help but think in the long run this is a bad move for both Grant and for Huddersfield.
  • Options

Have absolutely no issue at all with Grant going. Since his loan to Crawley he has really kicked on as a player, and you can see why he has been attracting the attention of other clubs.

That being said I cannot help but think in the long run this is a bad move for both Grant and for Huddersfield.

Huddersfield have absolutely nothing to lose, Karlan does in terms of his confidence taking a battering but Huddersfield have got a young, fast, confident centre forward for a pittance
  • Options
    Do not blame him for leaving one bit, who can honestly say they wouldn't do the same if they didn't support the club they were playing for? As for wishing him luck.... I couldn't give a shit how well he gets on!
  • Options

Sunderland lost Maja in the window, as a 3rd division club it's virtually impossible to keep hold of players in these situations.

I hope Karlan does well, but to be he's been bang average for most of the time I've seen him. Yes he was young, but Gomez and Lookman were young, and they stood out. Before this season Karlan had scored TWO league goals for us, is this season the "real" Karlan, or is it a "Nicky Ajose one off season" like the one he had at Swindon?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Do not blame him for leaving one bit, who can honestly say they wouldn't do the same if they didn't support the club they were playing for? As for wishing him luck.... I couldn't give a shit how well he gets on!

Its for a lot more money than what any of us would be offered but who here would stay at their present job if another company offered you a huge pay rise to go and do the same thing with them?
  • Options
    Carter said:

Huddersfield have absolutely nothing to lose, Karlan does in terms of his confidence taking a battering but Huddersfield have got a young, fast, confident centre forward for a pittance
    Totally agree. It seems to be a accepted knowledge that Karlan is a confidence player, and I just don't see how he will keep that momentum built up at Crawley with the odd appearance of the bench.

In terms of Huddersfield I expect they purchased Grant with one eye on next season. However you have to remember that Karlan has only essentially had what amounts to half a good season in league two and half a good season in league one. Considering more and more teams that get relegated, struggle to get promoted straight away. Which means once/if the parachute payments run out they could find themselves with a player on a decent wage who is not cut out to perform in that league.

Obviously he could end up banging them in and proving me wrong, which I would be happy about.
  • Options
    Good luck to him, but even though we knew this was coming, its still a massive kick in the balls for our season. Dont blame Roland really, even if he had three years on his contract he'd still have left. Once a prem team starts sniffing around then the players gone. The fee makes no difference as it will just go to offset loses anyway. I will blame roland if bowyer doesnt get a couple of strikers in before the deadline though. Ajose and Grant out, with no replacements would be a fucking disaster. Have no great interest in Huddersfield, but will keep a look out for their results now. Hope karlan does the business for them.
  • Options
    He's done the right thing; as some have said, he could have had a career ending/changing injury before May and never had the chance to move to the premier league (however briefly) or had the chance to earn a lot more money. However, from a footballing point of view, I can't see this working out well. He needs to play as part of a front two- he's fairly inept wide and loses confidence quickly.

I wish him luck anyway- I've liked him ever since the home game against Hull when he ripped Dawson and Curtis Davies new ones
  • Options
    Best of luck to him.

He's made the right choice for his own career at this moment in time.

There's a time when I would have been angry with him for deserting us

Sadly, under this regime, it's the norm, and all of our players are for sale at all times, just to line the old scrote's pockets/limit his losses.
  • Options
    At least he is going to a club that have been on the longest unbeaten run ever!
    Good luck Karlan.
  • Options
    Good luck to him, hopefully we will see him at The Valley next season

Hate the January transfer window ...