Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Squad (v Republic of Ireland/Belgium/Iceland from p29)

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Laddick01 said:
    First move of the game sums it up. Pass it around for 5 minutes and don’t threaten the box at all before nearly getting countered. 
    It's just like watching us
  • Options
    Left footers matter
  • Options
    That was so easy. Very fortunate for the flag
  • Options
    Its a change in formation looks like he is playing 5-3-2

Grealish is an attacking midfielder  no place for that in a 5-3-2 same as Sancho.

Kane isnt 100% fit 

And we have no left backs, Saka is to attacking at will be killed by De Bruyne.

Personally have no issue with trying the 5-3-2 against this Belgium team
    Not sure it is.

Southgate doesn’t play 2 up. Can see it more being a 3-4-3 but you may well be right. 
    Yep, he won’t ever go 2 up
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    How late was that flag
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I get players need to be disciplined but I want to see an England team set out to win every game - and prep for the Euros.

For me that should mean Foden, Sancho in. 

Grealish likewise.

Play the best players. Honestly it could be a World Cup final, and Sterling farts in the dressing room so we suspend him rather than play our best team 
  • Options
    I know this isn’t the best England side we’ve ever had. But it’s definitely one of our best squads for attacking depth

Eric Dier shouldn’t be in the squad let alone starting.

I genuinely think these last few results and performances have been sackable
  • Options
    It was a penalty but what it with the late decisions in this game from the officials
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Dier at CB. Fucking wonderful

Why does he even need to tackle there. Laughable
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ah good old Eric.

Fucking useless.
    He is a pile of shite 
  • Options
    Ah good old Eric.

Fucking useless.
    He isn't that good. What is he even doing in the team? 
  • Options
    Ah good old Eric.

Fucking useless.
    As I said earlier what has he done in terms of performances to justify his starting place ?

Southgate needs to pick players on form not based on the fact that they were in our last world cup team lol
  • Options
    Who would have thought we would come unstuck against a decent team? So predictable 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Whatever the reason for his absence, missing this game could do Gomez a favour.
  • Options
    Eric Dier is fucking dreadful
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Dier at CB. Fucking wonderful

Why does he even need to tackle there. Laughable
    I wouldn’t even let him put the corner flags out. 
  • Options
    The thing is we should be a decent team.

Southgate has a squad that should be going toe to toe with every single top side.

Right now we aren’t even top 10 in the world.
  • Options
    Likewise Rashford he has hardly been setting the world alight recently.

If we dont make some changes soon this could get embarrassing 
  • Options
    3 best players on the bench, when we come up against a half decent side we’re left wanting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Southgate has got as much personality as this team
    Get Grealish on instead of these steady Eddie bores 
  • Options
    Dier is pony... I'd play

-----------------Pope
    Trent - Gomez - Coady - Chillwell
    -------------Henderson
    ------Grealish --- Foden
    Sterling----------------Sancho
    -----------------Kane
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    The worst thing to happen to this England team long-term was that World Cup run. 

Now we're stuck with a manager well out of his depth and we're wasting what should be a very good team. 
  • Options
    southgate is a shit manager. he screwed up the last nations league and had the easiest route to the world cup finals and failed there too.
  • Options
    Not going to read too much into this, as come the Euro's i would hope to see the likes of Coady, Chilwell, Foden, Grealish, Sancho, Sterling and Kane in the side. Possibly even Pope too but zero chance he drops Pickford.

Of the current side out there, i'd probably only have TAA and Henderson as guaranteed starters for the Euro's.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    The thing is we should be a decent team.

Southgate has a squad that should be going toe to toe with every single top side.

Right now we aren’t even top 10 in the world.
    I’ve said it before, but i don’t rate Southgate as a manager. Line up today another example of why he’s pretty useless
  • Options
    Rashford looks like today’s competition winner. Awful.
  • Options
    Mason Mount over Grealish isn’t even funny. It just stupid.
  • Options
    Maguire is part of the worst defense in the league, why does he deserve to start today? 

Dropping Grealish after showing he's probably England's best player currently is madness too. 
  • Options
    Tbh I'm surprised he hasn't found a way to start with Deli Ali