Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Squad (v Republic of Ireland/Belgium/Iceland from p29)

Comments

• Options
    This isn’t a dig at Calvert Lewis either because I think he’s been very good this season. 

But it shows you how important Kane is. Our best Midfielder let alone Striker.
  • Options
    Dier and Maguire. 
    Ffs
    Pair of pricks. 
  • Options
    Pass. Pass. Pass. Long ball.
  • Options
    It's square pass, square pass, square pass and back again. And repeat.
  • Options
    That does show you just how many decent right backs we have. And considering TAA is only 22, the younger ones like AWB, James and Lamptey could possibly never get more than 5-10 caps.

They should start practising with their left foot.
  • Options
    A lot of huffing and puffing with no end product and negative back and square passes. The most creative midfielder on the bench. Same old boring England 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    The thing is we should be a decent team.

Southgate has a squad that should be going toe to toe with every single top side.

Right now we aren’t even top 10 in the world.
    Agree. A fantastic squad that should allow him to play people that are in form. He doesn’t need to revert back to the same players all the time.
  • Options
    I feel one of the issues we have is that you probably need to choose one of Dier, Rice or Henderson.

Southgate wants to shoehorn in all 3. 

Bet he looks at their % pass stats and wets himself, ignoring they're all 5 yard backwards and sideways passes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never a pen 😂
  • Options
    Two silly penalties. 
  • Options
     Mount is clueless at this level
  • Options
     Mount is clueless at this level
    Forgot he was even playing. 
  • Options
    Never seen such a defensive side looking so poor defensively.

this is comical
  • Options
    I feel one of the issues we have is that you probably need to choose one of Dier, Rice or Henderson.

Southgate wants to shoehorn in all 3. 

Bet he looks at their % pass stats and wets himself, ignoring they're all 5 yard backwards and sideways passes. 
    Got to be Henderson. The other 2 aren’t good enough. 
  • Options
    To be fair we've been crying out for one of our midfielders to make something out of nothing so we should really praise Henderson for the penalty in that respect
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    As much as Grealish had a blinder the other night, in my eyes I thought Kalvin Phillips did too. Would like to see him make an appearance today so much more mobile than Rice
  • Options
    Maguire is a waste of space as well, you wouldn't think this is the same Maguire who had a blinder in the World Cup
  • Options
    Henderson is very solid. He’s a must start.

Rice looks okay for West’s Ham but hasn’t had a good game in an England shirt.

Genuinely think we should be looking to get Henderson at the base and play attacking midfielders in front. Outscore opponents. Don’t defend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The sooner Southgate goes the better, with this crop of players we could be a very exciting attacking team and instead we’re playing 3 right backs and 7 defensive players at the same time. Genuinely painful to watch that half. 
  • Options
    Rice misplaces a five yard pass straight to the opposition and they break. How is he starting at international level
  • Options
    As much as Grealish had a blinder the other night, in my eyes I thought Kalvin Phillips did too. Would like to see him make an appearance today so much more mobile than Rice
    Philips passes the ball backwards as much as Rice. 

Beginning to think they’re instructed too.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Henderson is very solid. He’s a must start.

Rice looks okay for West’s Ham but hasn’t had a good game in an England shirt.

Genuinely think we should be looking to get Henderson at the base and play attacking midfielders in front. Outscore opponents. Don’t defend.
    Agree on Rice, I'd probably go Phillips and Henderson at the moment with 3 attacking midfielders supporting the striker, probably Sterling, Rashford and Grealish on current form. Phillips gives an energy in midfield that Rice and Dier can't. 
  • Options
    Tough watch. Both Rice and Rashford look very poor. Struggling to see what Rashford actually is meant to bring to the strikeforce.
  • Options
    With the talent we have available we should be putting creative attacking teams out instead of this dross. Far to fearful and zero personality! 
  • Options
    Tough watch. Both Rice and Rashford look very poor. Struggling to see what Rashford actually is meant to bring to the strikeforce.
    An OBE apparently...

Didn't even realise we were playing and i used to love football.
  • Options
    He looks ill. Strolling around and passing it backwards when he does get it. Not like him at all
  • Options
    Rashford is a strange one.

Great pace, had a run in the 1st minute but the majority of the time he tends to slow the play up when he receives the ball.
  • Options
    This team gets beat by an England team that aren't deemed good enough: 

Pope 

Gomez    Coady     Mings

Maitland Niles                Phillips                      Saka

Grealish               Barkley/Alli

Abraham         Ings