Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Squad (v Republic of Ireland/Belgium/Iceland from p29)

Comments

• Options
    A striker scoring an overhead kick on the edge of the six yard box is beautiful But how can you be unmarked ?

• Options
    Bit embarrassed watching Jonny Williams right now. It's been 60 minutes in a friendly and even the commentators are drawing attention to the fact he looks absolutely wrecked. He honestly looks like he's going to die out there. He looks like one of those Soccer Aid celebrities who start blowing after they've been on for 15 minutes. Bloke's a professional footballer. You can see why Bowyer's starting to get frustrated with him
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Levitt dawdles on the edge of the Wales box and gets dispossessed in a dangerous position...
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    That was a bit easy. Lovely finish still
    Made himself the space to get the finish in. 
    Nice to see we do have options in place of Kane

Apart from the defence it was my biggest concern ahead of Euro 2020 as felt we had a chance but still felt that with Kane injured we wouldnt have the goals to give us that chance
  • Options
    Grealish brings a bit of swagger to this team. Got so much creativity and he winds people up. I love him.
    Now find a way to play him and Foden!! 
  • Options
    Matt Smith and Chris Gunter on
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    MattF said:
    Apparently Smith is still with Charlton :D
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Both Charlton players apparently 
  • Options
    Grealish really playing well always wants the ball and looking to make something happen 

Wales are beyond shit defensively 

I hardly notice there is no fans, feels like a normal Wembley friendly 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We've had lots of mentions in the commentary - not sure any other club has had more, lol!
  • Options
    Is is it just me or are the majority of the England players on now pretty unrecognisable? I reckon I could only identify 4 of them. Feels like I am watching a Development team. Odd, very odd. 
  • Options
    Levitt looks like a kid that’s won a competition
    Strange sub by Giggs though, guess it's just for experience. Not the sort of midfield you bring in when you're not touching the ball. 
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Is is it just me or are the majority of the England players on now pretty unrecognisable? I reckon I could only identify 4 of them. Feels like I am watching a Development team. Odd, very odd. 
    And yet all play pretty regular for their clubs in the prem. 

Just goes to show we do have quite a talented pool of young players.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I wouldn't say the Welsh team are poor but Chris Gunter was their MOM after being on the pitch for 60 seconds.

• Options
    meldrew66 said:

Also goes to show meldrew doesn't really watch any Prem games. 
  • Options
    We've had lots of mentions in the commentary - not sure any other club has had more, lol!
    It’s a close call on mentions between Charlton and Grealishs calves
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Levitt looks like a kid that’s won a competition

There were 2 prizes up for grab.
    Matt Smith was the other lucky winner.
  • Options
    Gunter looks excellent defensively 
  • Options
    Isn't Sam Matterface a good commentator? We were due a good one coming through
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    A defender who is no nonsense and can defend.

A back 4 of Gunter, Pearce, Purrington and another solid centre back shouldn’t concede many 
  • Options

A back 4 of Gunter, Pearce, Purrington and another solid centre back shouldn’t concede many 
    You've forgotten someone, fam
  • Options
    Leuth said:

You've forgotten someone, fam
    Yes Fam!  Ya get me blud
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

Yes, that was basically a 2nd string England team, we have a lot of attacking talent

It helps that the "lesser" players we picked like DCL, Ings and Grealish are all playing really well for their sides
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Isn't Sam Matterface a good commentator? We were due a good one coming through
    A brief Twitter search reveals this as an extremely unpopular opinion. What's wrong with someone a bit nerdier on the mic, I ask?
  • Options
    I hadn't appreciated he is Wales most capped player. The negative according to my Reading supporting other half is he can lose possession when playing it out of defence or back from the halfway line - sound familiar?!
  • Options
    Good to see Wales kept a clean sheet with Gunter on the pitch