Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Squad (v Republic of Ireland/Belgium/Iceland from p29)

Comments

• Options
    Grealish must have legs made of titanium or something equally tough, the amounts of kicks he gets are unreal.

He’s just fun to watch, bit of swag, does need to release the ball a bit quicker sometimes
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Grealish must have legs made of titanium or something equally tough, the amounts of kicks he gets are unreal.

He’s just fun to watch, bit of swag, does need to release the ball a bit quicker sometimes

Thought the same thing about releasing it, then realised we were 3-0 up at the time and changed my mind to "good game management"!
  • Options
    Rothko said:

The amount of times the commentators were mentioning his calf muscles was embarrassing, Grealish was quality yesterday and i think based on that and recent form he has made himself undroppable, his place to lose now. I am not his biggest fan but cant deny recently and for england last night he has been superb and plays like a seasoned international player. Granted it was a poor wales side but more happy with him starting for England now 
  • Options
    Mason Mount must be doing something right for Frank Lampard and Southgate both wanting to play him so much
  • Options
    Yesterday, it looked as though the Belgium game was being shown on ITV, but today it seems that it's only on Sky.
    Is that the case?
  • Options
    Redskin said:
    Yesterday, it looked as though the Belgium game was being shown on ITV, but today it seems that it's only on Sky.
    Is that the case?
    Yeah... Nations League games are exclusive to SKY
  • Options
    Oh...
    Thanks,  FA.
  • Options
    Southgate was good for 2018.

Tactically he is shocking. Utilise our attack and stop setting up with back 7s.
  • Options
    Three right-backs and Kane on the bench! Is this a competitive game or a friendly? Afraid my current level of interest in the national team means I'm not even sure

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its a change in formation looks like he is playing 5-3-2

Grealish is an attacking midfielder  no place for that in a 5-3-2 same as Sancho.

Kane isnt 100% fit 

And we have no left backs, Saka is to attacking at will be killed by De Bruyne.

Personally have no issue with trying the 5-3-2 against this Belgium team
  • Options
    Three right-backs and Kane on the bench! Is this a competitive game or a friendly? Afraid my current level of interest in the national team means I'm not even sure

Kane has a slight injury so that's why he's not starting.
  • Options
    I make is a right back light, otherwise great team ....
  • Options
    Redskin said:
    Is that the case?
    Yeah... Nations League games are exclusive to SKY
    FFS
  • Options
    3 right backs, Dier, Maguire, Rice and Henderson. 

A very exciting lineup there!!
  • Options
    Getting the ball ache with Southgate now a bit.

Dier, Rashford, Mount over Cody, Grealish, Sancho.

Plus playing Trippier left back. 
    I think Southgate is too nice in terms of personality. He shows loyalty to squad players which I suppose should be applauded but it makes it very difficult for form players to force their way into the starting team. What has Dier done to keep his place in terms of club performances? How can Grealish not be starting ?

I think his loyalty will end up costing us 
  • Options

Mount is surely in over Grealish, not Coady?
  • Options
    Is Gomez injured?
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Eh? I listed 3 players he’s selected over 3 others.

Dier, Rashford, Mount......over.....Cody, Grealish, Sancho.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    None of the Sancho Sterling Kane trio playing. Two of the three CBs not actually CBs at all. Mount over Grealish. Declan Rice starting for England. Tripper on the wrong side. Weak lineup. Frankenstein.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its a change in formation looks like he is playing 5-3-2

Grealish is an attacking midfielder  no place for that in a 5-3-2 same as Sancho.

Kane isnt 100% fit 

And we have no left backs, Saka is to attacking at will be killed by De Bruyne.

Personally have no issue with trying the 5-3-2 against this Belgium team
    Not sure it is.

Southgate doesn’t play 2 up. Can see it more being a 3-4-3 but you may well be right. 
  • Options
    Three right backs ffs, strange team. Only in England could we have a fantastic maverick player who offers us something different and leave him on the bench. Grealish should start
  • Options
    It does seem that this is a side of ball winners but not too many who actually know what to do with it
  • Options

Eh? I listed 3 players he’s selected over 3 others.

Dier, Rashford, Mount......over.....Cody, Grealish, Sancho.
    Sorry misread it 
  • Options
    To be fair I don’t think Belgium’s starting XI screams world number 1’s
  • Options
    I can forgive him for the LB issue, as there isn't a decent fit left back available. But how on earth he watched any of Man U v Spurs and thought "Maguire's played well here, get him in the side", and Mount over Grealish is beyond ridiculous. 

And why isn't Sancho playing? Is he being 'punished' for going to Abraham's party?
  • Options
    I really don’t rate Declan Rice, he will have the odd good game, but most of the time he’s pants, a poor mans Scott Parker.
  • Options
    Three right backs brings back that wonderful memory of Luzon starting three left backs.
  • Options
    what's happened to Gomes?
  • Options
    First move of the game sums it up. Pass it around for 5 minutes and don’t threaten the box at all before nearly getting countered.