Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post match views: Charlton v Peterborough

Comments

• Options
    just watched the pen a number of times. might make me unpopular but if that was the other way round I'd want it and would be fuming if we didn't get it. Page lets Toney get in front of him and appears to lean into him. From reading on here it sounded as if it was the most outrageous penalty award ever.
  • Options

just watched the pen a number of times. might make me unpopular but if that was the other way round I'd want it and would be fuming if we didn't get it. Page lets Toney get in front of him and appears to lean into him. From reading on here it sounded as if it was the most outrageous penalty award ever.

Glad you aren't a ref. If that is a penalty then I have no interest in following this sport anymore. Horrific decision from a clueless ref.
  • Options

You must have something wrong with your eyes.
  • Options
    Phillips: made the one save he had to
    Bauer: still not looking very assured
    Bielik: best of the back 3 by far
    Sarr: some vision but lousy execution, his waywardness is gonna cost us soon
    Solly: fine performance
    Pratley: overwhelmed by physical posh and lack of grit from his midfield partners
    Morgan: lousy dead balls and negligible positive impact on the game, outmuscled entirely
    Aribo: looked lightweight
    Page: all at sea as a wing back
    Taylor: over powered by posh's physicality, has to learn that if the ref penalises him for backing in at the beginning, he's not gonna let you get away with it later, so stop, try actually challenging for the ball instead. Did craftily win a coupla freekicks from the fucktard with the whistle.
    Grant: lacked the impact his pace advantage should have made over posh's lumbering defenders and his decision making was poor throughout
    Ajose: surprising impact during his cameo and at least took a couple decent corners & free-kicks unlike any of his colleagues
    Only posh have themselves to blame for it remaining goalless at half time
    2nd half a better contest, despite the total absence of any quality. Posh were big and rugged, with a bit of guile from Dembele.
    If posh are the class of the division, we're in for some fucking awful matches this season.
    Worst of all the result is nothing about the game or the teams but about the prancing wankstain in charge.
    Ref is a blight on his profession. What a massive arsehole. Typified by making the posh goalie move the ball back a yard for a free kick immediately before blowing for time. Linington you egomaniacal shit for brains. Inconsistent, fussy and often plain wrong. Throw away your whistle and take a long walk of a short pier, Bowyer went easy on you after the game.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
  • Options
    I was slightly surprised that Lapslie didn't feature at all, was he obviously tired on Saturday?
  • Options

I was slightly surprised that Lapslie didn't feature at all, was he obviously tired on Saturday?

Didnt play last Tuesday either

Know it was only MK Dons in the Cup yet wonder if Bowyer wants to rotate Lapslie and Morgan due to their inexperience and so avoid burnout later on in the season and their careers
  • Options

Un..fucking..believable!! - Guess it might still happen yet instead of being removed from having a game this Weekend

James Linington has been given: Reading v Bolton!! - Bloke has practically been promoted after that performance last night!!

T'was always the way at work, instead of getting rid of someone always promote them to a level of incompetence...……..….Oh hang on a minute :smirk:
  • Options

Un..fucking..believable!! - Guess it might still happen yet instead of being removed from having a game this Weekend

James Linington has been given: Reading v Bolton!! - Bloke has practically been promoted after that performance last night!!

Not one to go against fake news mate but that match was 5 days ago
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is there not a ‘complain about the ref’ email address we could all bombard?
  • Options

Cheers my bad, he's fourth official for the QPR v Wigan game this Saturday
  • Options

Cheers my bad, he's fourth official for the QPR v Wigan game this Saturday
    he and McLaren will get on like a house on fire
  • Options

Not sure what you was watching
  • Options

Know it was only MK Dons in the Cup yet wonder if Bowyer wants to rotate Lapslie and Morgan due to their inexperience and so avoid burnout later on in the season and their careers
    Lapslie is 2 years older though, so should be more capable of playing more minutes. Surprised he didn't come off the bench last night
  • Options

Who the hell should have been sent off... Certainly not Morgan

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-should-have-had-men-sent-off-during-posh-win-at-the-valley-peterborough-boss-steve-evans/

What I felt was a joke was the fact that Pratley got a straight yellow for a shirt pull, their player went and did it moments later and got away with it!!

That Morgan challenge wasn't even knee high, let alone waist high. Evans and his assistant pair of absolute clowns.
    Yeah but Evans dont know where his knees are with that belly!!
    Wonder when the last time was he was able to see his shoes?

• Options

"Lean into him" do you honestly class a lean as a foul? Don't know how the Governing Bodies have been able to change the mindsets of fans to accept weak refereeing and kill the game of being competitive.
  • Options

Lapslie is 2 years older though, so should be more capable of playing more minutes. Surprised he didn't come off the bench last night
    Suppose he's still getting used to handle the pace of First-Team football though
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Suppose he's still getting used to handle the pace of First-Team football though
    This and apart from burn out he gave all he had on Saturday as well as taking a few heavy knocks second half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

It happened again last night .......... the cross for the crass penalty decision.

Opponents hitting the long deep cross from their left wing, aimed at our penalty spot.
    They've worked out it's our achilles heel and we don't know how to defend it.

Let's spell it out: we've conceded from it in each of our 4 games.

You really need to sort this Bow & Jacko ...... before we concede another like it next Saturday.

Hopefully it'll be sorted out with Pearce coming back into the side

Sarr has played well but would still put Pearce with his leadership qualities in ahead of him
  • Options
    Sarr/Pearce/Bauer monster back 3, Chris Eagles in the middle with Pratley imo
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Oggy Red said:

It happened again last night .......... the cross for the crass penalty decision.

Opponents hitting the long deep cross from their left wing, aimed at our penalty spot.
    They've worked out it's our achilles heel and we don't know how to defend it.

Let's spell it out: we've conceded from it in each of our 4 games.

You really need to sort this Bow & Jacko ...... before we concede another like it next Saturday.

Hopefully it'll be sorted out with Pearce coming back into the side

Sarr has played well but would still put Pearce with his leadership qualities in ahead of him
    It doesn't seem to be about who plays CB, but it's everything to do with how we defend a deep cross when our defenders are running, facing their own goalmouth.

I know I bang on about it in each match thread, but we really don't know how to defend it.
    It is:

Always from opponents left wing, with usually Solly overloaded.
    Always from deep aimed at the penalty spot.
    Always looped over our CBs running, facing towards their own net.
    Always there's an opponent running on the inside of Page, who is wrongside of his man.

We don't know how to defend it. Opponents know this and work it into their gameplan.
    And Fleetwood will be watching our recent match videos - and thinking, there's a goal in this for us.

And d'you know, Lee and Jacko - there probably is.
    You must get it sorted. Now.

• Options
    Steer/Phillips

Solly - Bauer - Pearce - Sarr - Page

Pratley - Bielik

Grant - Taylor - Aribo

anyone?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Leuth said:

Steer/Phillips

Solly - Bauer - Pearce - Sarr - Page

Pratley - Bielik

Grant - Taylor - Aribo

anyone?

Is he ANOther's brother ? :wink:
  • Options

cabbles said:

If there is a Ben McDonnell who posts on here a pal has found your wallet at the game, feel free to pm me

Will be handed in to the ticket office on Saturday but it has quite a large amount of cash in it but only an Oyster card and cash card.
    If you’re on twitter mate it might be worth tweeting this with #cafc or including the official cafc twitter handle
    The mate who found it has already done so, hopefully it gets reunited with owner
    It's mine, you didn't pm me.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    cabbles said:

Can’t understand all this negativity toward the performance

Thought we matched a decent team in a game that could’ve gone either way. They are probably better than us but we gave it a good go

Hope we can raise it again for Saturday

Early days

PWR (past the first page).

Didn't get a chance to watch the match yesterday so got up STUPID early this morning to watch it before work kicked in. AND I'd managed to avoid the results.

Ball.

Agree with Brambles that I don't think we looked that bad. We didn't look great, especially in the final third. But it was a game of fine margins.

I don't like to blame the referee, and we really, really didn't create enough clear cut chances, but he sure did hand them the extra two points. I actually thought the handball shout on Toney just before their pen hit his side, but the commentator thought it was a pen. But between that and their defender seemingly going through Lyle Taylor to concede a corner a couple minutes beforehand, it was a real, real sickener.

Bielik can play.

We lack a creative midfielder. We just lack ideas in the final third. I think Reeves would look good in this team with two forwards ahead of him. Obviously we miss JFC. I think Clarke would look good in that 10 role as well.

We have conceded four goals in four games in the 75+ minute. And once again it was a cross in from deep, basically the same spot as the Sunderland and Shrews ones, and as with those we didn't get enough pressure on the cross. But it was also a really harsh penalty.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

cabbles said:

Can’t understand all this negativity toward the performance

Thought we matched a decent team in a game that could’ve gone either way. They are probably better than us but we gave it a good go

Hope we can raise it again for Saturday

Early days

PWR (past the first page).

Didn't get a chance to watch the match yesterday so got up STUPID early this morning to watch it before work kicked in. AND I'd managed to avoid the results.

Ball.

Agree with Brambles that I don't think we looked that bad. We didn't look great, especially in the final third. But it was a game of fine margins.

I don't like to blame the referee, and we really, really didn't create enough clear cut chances, but he sure did hand them the extra two points. I actually thought the handball shout on Toney just before their pen hit his side, but the commentator thought it was a pen. But between that and their defender seemingly going through Lyle Taylor to concede a corner a couple minutes beforehand, it was a real, real sickener.

Bielik can play.

We lack a creative midfielder. We just lack ideas in the final third. I think Reeves would look good in this team with two forwards ahead of him. Obviously we miss JFC. I think Clarke would look good in that 10 role as well.
    Agree. Reeves or Clarke playing behind the front two could be good....or Fosu.