Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post match views: Charlton v Peterborough

Comments

• Options
    Don’t think we will be in a relegation scrap but seriously think a 5/6th spot and scrape into playoffs is about the best we can expect.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Morgan was out of his depth first half, Pratley was awful. Aribo was off and Page was making wrong decisions. Bauer couldn't time a jump all eve and Phillips didn't command his box. Add that to one of the worst refereeing performances you're likely to see and you'll struggle to get anything out of a game.

Thought the lad from Arsenal looked tidy, very composed. Ajose changed the game when he came on, lots of clever little interplay.

Overall our poor decision making in the final third will cost us, did their keeper have to make a save? We're in the final third and because no one will put the ball into the box, Taylor comes out to do it himself and then we lose our best attacking header of the ball. Best cross all game was when they nearly put it in their own net late on.

Set pieces need some work too. Just clear the first man for fuck sake. The only real positive is how we kept trying right til the end. 8 points off the pace already.

Hate to say it but I thought Phillips dealt with everything tonight, made any ball into the box look easy pretty much...

Catching was brilliant and punched when it was too risky to catch the ball
  • Options
    If Peterborough are the best side in L1 then it just shows how poor this division is.

We didn't really turn up until the last 25 minutes and despite a lot of pressure we couldn't score and inevitably conceded late on. Can't really comment on the penalty as I was too far away.

The ref and linesman on the East side were pretty abysmal throughout the game.

Morgan looked a bit lost to me and we improved once Ajose came on. We couldn't put a decent cross in and seem intent on trying to pass the ball into the goal.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Absolutely gutted.

First time I've 'watched' a match on the Match Thread. Most stressful way to follow a game. Thanks due to all the contributors though.

Its about time that our luck changed.

Peterborough have joined the increasingly long list of clubs that I hate.
  • Options
    Went along not really expecting to enjoy, but enjoyed the effort and desire we showed, hope Marshall knocked their coach out n the tunnel.
  • Options
    Who the hell should have been sent off... Certainly not Morgan

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-should-have-had-men-sent-off-during-posh-win-at-the-valley-peterborough-boss-steve-evans/

What I felt was a joke was the fact that Pratley got a straight yellow for a shirt pull, their player went and did it moments later and got away with it!!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Can someone actually explain to me why the Linesman in front of the West Stand is solely alongside the opposition dugout in games and why there is never a game them running the line towards the North Stand? - Surely we should get priority in that respect as we're the home side or is there some rule as to how they the Linesmen setup? - It'll certainly stop little fat c**ts like Evans from being able to intimidate them!!
  • Options
    I thought we were going to get hammered tonight, to look for a positive. The whole club is stuck in a rut of shit and bad luck. It's just so hard to even care these days, which is sad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Think the attack on @Addickted4life is a bit unfair - I feel the same way in actual fact.

I am proud of what sounds like a very spirited performance and for that reason “I don’t even care” about the result.

Tough for the lads yes but my expectations are so low for this season that even the news of a decent performance is enough for me to feel satisfied.

What more could we realistically expect?
  • Options
    Can’t fault the team or management at all. Felt when we brought Ajose on and went front 3 we actually played some decent stuff. One very good block stopping an Aribo shot and the one their defender did well to put out for a corner.

For me the most infuriating thing was every single time we started to get some momentum the ref would give one of the softest free kicks to them, they’d take 30 seconds out the game and kill momentum.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Think most people on here have judged it correctly. Actually a decent game which wasn't helped by the ref. Can't really comment on the penalty award because it happened too quick for me.

I liked the three at the back and thought Bielik looked very promising. He looked well balanced and won lots of headers. Very impressive.

Liked the way we tried to play and on another day we'd win a game like that 1-0. I'm disappointed but quite encouraged.
  • Options
    Oh shut up Evans!!!
  • Options
    A good game, even if we lost.

Thought it could have gone either way. Great save from Phillips to deny the impressive Dembele.
  • Options

The early bookings of Pratley and Morgan made them pretty ineffective in terms of putting strong tackles in for the rest of the game. Could see the wariness.

Evans’ comments re red cards and targeting Dembele are ludicrous. A nasty man.

Bloke shouldnt even be allowed in Football after his Boston United days, anything dodgy like that should be a lifetime ban from the game!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/boston_united/2602605.stm
  • Options
    edited August 2018

We are actually a bit shit, aren't we?

No Players take no responsibility for this.
    Ref cost us end off
    ...but we are a bit shit though.

That's because we are now bartering at the pound shop instead of buying at Harrods .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Can someone actually explain to me why the Linesman in front of the West Stand is solely alongside the opposition dugout in games and why there is never a game them running the line towards the North Stand? - Surely we should get priority in that respect as we're the home side or is there some rule as to how they the Linesmen setup? - It'll certainly stop little fat c**ts like Evans from being able to intimidate them!!

That's our fault for trying to be clever. Next time at the valley look at the position of the away dugout.
  • Options
    Harsh some of the comments, we definitely deserved a point and every single player put in a decent shift, more of that please. We just lost to a dubious penalty in the last couple of minutes against a side top of the table with 100% record. They all deserve a pat on the back.

I thought the three centre halfs looked very good, just need to talk to each other more as numerous times two went for the same ball (I think because nether are used to playing in a three).

From my own playing days I would have hated playing against Taylor, he's one awkward bugger.

We lack real attacking creativity in the middle and Peterborough knew it, they set up to stop us down the wings, it was only when Ajose came on and Grant dropped to play behind that we started not just going wide from the back, should have done that much earlier, even if just pushing Albie up. Thats our achilles heal right now.

v Peterborough 1 shot on target no goals
    v Shrewsbuy 2 shots on target 2 goals
    v Acrington 5 shots on target 1 goal
    v Sunderland 5 shots on target 1 goal

4 League games, 13 shots on target, 4 goals. If we can sort out a creative centre mid we'll do Ok.
  • Options

That's our fault for trying to be clever. Next time at the valley look at the position of the away dugout.
    Yeh I've always noticed ours is closer to the Halfway line

Just find it strange how the West Stand lino is always running towards the Jimmy Seed Stand, the East Stand Lino always runs towards the North Stand
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Who the hell should have been sent off... Certainly not Morgan

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-should-have-had-men-sent-off-during-posh-win-at-the-valley-peterborough-boss-steve-evans/

What I felt was a joke was the fact that Pratley got a straight yellow for a shirt pull, their player went and did it moments later and got away with it!!

Fuck me what a proper old-fashioned unrepentant **** that man is
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I almost admire Evans for that interview. He's made being a **** into high art, and he knows it. A formidable display of hatefulness. Wow
  • Options
    Entertaining game and very unlucky. Arsenal lad was really good. And it was amusing at the end when 10 of them wanted to just lump the ball "league one style" into the box, but he was ready for the short pass as Wenger would've taught him.
  • Options

We are actually a bit shit, aren't we?

No Players take no responsibility for this.
    Ref cost us end off
    ...but we are a bit shit though.

That's because we are now bartering at the pound shop instead of buying at Harrods .
    Absolutely. I have no expectation.