Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League 1 scores

Comments

• Options
    Looking at those Lincoln fixtures I would think they have the dodgiest games having to play the likes of Burton, Shrews, Posh, Blackpool and MK.  Can easily see them falling out of the top 6, unless they have all their main players back.

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    I think there's a 50% chance of making the playoffs in 6th place. If we do, we're likely to be playing one of the top 3 , so it'll be a tough ask. 
    It will be a tough ask - but I have a feeling that if we do bag a play-off place, we will get through and win the final.
    I think it'll be more like 2017/18 when we narrowly lost both semi finals
    I was at both Shrewsbury games - not a pleasant experience.

Yes, you're probably right.
    We are a better side than that season in every position bar centre midfield! 
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    I think there's a 50% chance of making the playoffs in 6th place. If we do, we're likely to be playing one of the top 3 , so it'll be a tough ask. 
    It will be a tough ask - but I have a feeling that if we do bag a play-off place, we will get through and win the final.
    I think it'll be more like 2017/18 when we narrowly lost both semi finals
    I was at both Shrewsbury games - not a pleasant experience.

Yes, you're probably right.
    We are a better side than that season in every position bar centre midfield! 
    The defence (Amos, Solly, a younger Pearce plus Bauer, Konsa, and Dasilva) who are all now playing at a higher level) was better than this seasons in my opinion
  • Options
    all the while it's still in our own hands we've got a half decent chance IMO
    Its not in our hands though is it? - If the six above us win all their remaining games we cant do anything about it

The six above us can not all win their remaining games though.
    They've still to play each other - both teams can't win. One or both teams will drop points in those games.

That's the point.

And some of those teams still have to play Charlton. 
    Which puts it very much in our own hands.

• Options
    AndyG said:
    If we get there after having to play catch up I think we would be in with a real chance as our turnaround in form in order to get there will mean we shouldnt be frightened of any of the other teams in the playoffs.

But then as I'm always displaying I'm just a stupid optimist lol
    I don't believe you are. Just open to opportunity.

Whether it was Bowyer or indeed Curbs, they've both always come up with a one-word mantra: Momentum.

And both were convinced that 'Momentum' is the force to win the play offs.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    AndyG said:
    If we get there after having to play catch up I think we would be in with a real chance as our turnaround in form in order to get there will mean we shouldnt be frightened of any of the other teams in the playoffs.

But then as I'm always displaying I'm just a stupid optimist lol
    I don't believe you are. Just open to opportunity.

Whether it was Bowyer or indeed Curbs, they've both always come up with a one-word mantra: Momentum.

And both were convinced that 'Momentum' is the force to win the play offs.

Power to the unions  !!!
  • Options
    all the while it's still in our own hands we've got a half decent chance IMO
    Its not in our hands though is it? - If the six above us win all their remaining games we cant do anything about it
    Think a few of them are playing eachother... If we win every game we are in the playoffs, simple as
  • Options
    Think we will end up above Lincoln, my biggest worry is Ipswich,they look like they have an easy run in to me, but although they don't seem to be able to score that could change with the opposition they have left to play 
  • Options
    It doesn’t matter what other teams do, they won’t all win all or most of their remaining games. Charlton will. Let them worry about us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    I admire the blind optimism of the football fans but getting into the playoffs isn’t going to happen this season. The three months from November when we completely lost the plot have cost us dearly. 
    I don't think anyone is being serious about us winning all out remaining fixtures

There is a mathematical possibility of playoffs so it could happen, but it relies on other teams failing.

Personally think we'll miss out by 2/3 points.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I admire the blind optimism of the football fans but getting into the playoffs isn’t going to happen this season. The three months from November when we completely lost the plot have cost us dearly. 
    I don't think anyone is being serious about us winning all out remaining fixtures

There is a mathematical possibility of playoffs so it could happen, but it relies on other teams failing.

it doesn't, it just relies on us winning
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

That's unrealistic to expect us a team that has averaged 1.553 PTS per game to suddenly average 3pts per game for the remainder of the season. If we do that we have to rely on the other sides around us losing at least some of their games otherwise they'll cancel out our additional points.
  • Options
    other sides will lose as we are playing them.

simple equation is that if we keep winning we will be in the play offs whatever happens
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

That's unrealistic to expect us a team that has averaged 1.553 PTS per game to suddenly average 3pts per game for the remainder of the season. If we do that we have to rely on the other sides around us losing at least some of their games otherwise they'll cancel out our additional points.
    Since the start of March our form has been 2 ppg though, WDWDWDW, we're 4th in the form table for the last 6 matches, and 5th after 8

Other than the matches against the top 3, we have no reason not to believe we can win the other 5 matches, which would put us on 74 points

simple equation is that if we keep winning we will be in the play offs whatever happens
    You've forgotten about our opponents winning their 6 pointers. Most of our remaining fixtures only seem to be 3 point games which puts us at a bit of a disadvantage.
    Our games against Ipswich and Lincoln are surely 6 pointers for the final playoff place?
  • Options
    Where are the buyers from? Middle East, Far East, NW England?
  • Options

You've forgotten about our opponents winning their 6 pointers. Most of our remaining fixtures only seem to be 3 point games which puts us at a bit of a disadvantage.
    lol serious? 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    A US investment fund called ORG.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:
    A US investment fund called ORG.
    A sale that probably makes league one even harder next season as you'd assume that they will have ambitions to get promoted asap.
  • Options
    https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2021/april/statement-from-marcus-evans/

A bit weird that effectively they'll be owned by a Pension Fund, as a football club is the last thing I'd want my pension invested in! The complete opposite of a safe, profitable investment...

The new ultimate beneficial owner of the Club is a US investment fund called ORG, which manage funds on behalf of a large US pension fund and will own 90% of Gamechanger 20 Ltd. The ORG representative will be Ed Schwartz.
    In addition to the pension fund investment in Gamechanger 20 LTD (GC20) through ORG, there is additional investment in GC20 through the Three Lions fund. This is managed by three Americans – Brett Johnson, Berke Bakay and Mark Detmer, who will jointly own 5% of GC20.
    These three individuals will, alongside the new chairman, Mike O’Leary, formerly CEO at West Brom, oversee and manage the business. I will also keep a keen watchful eye on the Club and will invest in the new company, owning 5% of it. However, I plan to divorce myself from any day-to-day responsibilities and get back to following the Town as a highly interested, passionate and vested fan.
    The exact format of the transaction means that the pension fund will be the majority owner of the company that owns the Club. The remaining shares are owned by small shareholders, many of whom are supporters. The new company is obliged to make an offer to buy the shares of Ipswich Town PLC for the same par value at which I have sold my own equity, therefore providing a potential exit for the Club’s army of small shareholders.
    A key factor in reaching my decision to support the investment by a pension fund is the basic principle around which any such fund needs to invest. It has to see a return on its investment, and that return in all likelihood can only be achieved by way of promotion to the Premier League.
    The fund has deep pockets, but by the nature of a pension fund will be fiscally responsible in the use of those funds. In order to meet its investment responsibilities, it will need to invest to secure Premier League status, and it has already committed to making substantial investment in both the Club’s playing squad and infrastructure.
  • Options
    Wouldn't be investing my pension in that...
  • Options
    Thanks for the info everyone.
  • Options

lol serious? 
    Rarely.
  • Options
    Peterborough 1 - 0 Sunderland
    Bollocks!! - Going to want to bounce back next week now if that stays the same!!

They havent lost back to back games this season
    Said it last week... Sunderland getting a point kept their unbeaten run going, had to end eventually :)
  • Options
    Big list of fixtures coming up in midweek

Going into Saturday we'll suddenly find ourselves with the pressure of having games in hand on Portsmouth | Ipswich | Oxford rather than having the points on the board - Blackpool after throwing away their win, surely need three points with the two Sunderland games still to come

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Found it interesting how many teams got beaten heavily today. 5 teams got beat by more than 3+ goals in league 1. I do wonder whether that will be a pattern towards the end of the season.

Can only one game at a time, but was pleased to see Accrington, Crewe and Plymouth on the end of heavy defeats, teams who we still have to play.