Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League 1 scores

Comments

• Options
    The back end of the season is going to be interesting ! If we can maintain our current form I think we will sneak a playoff place which after our awful run is a miracle in itself. It has been a season of unexpected results and I'm sure that will continue right until the end. How wonderful would it be to get to Wembley and win promotion after the season we have had
  • Options
    I had a quick play on the fishy, and had us finishing the season 6th with 76 points, with Crewe 7th on 70. We lost to Sunderland, drew against Posh and Hull and won the other 5 games.

The important assumption though was that Lincoln would slide away, only picking up 6 more points, and that we beat them. 

We need to beat Ipswich, Plymouth, Crewe, Accrington and Lincoln, which would give us 74 points. Any points from our games against the top 3 will then be bonuses
    Never heard it called that before.

Only a little minnow sadly!
  • Options
    Our odds on promotion, finishing in playoffs and finishing top 6 all came in a bit as a result of today's matches 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    We're 17 behind, win the two in hand and then we're 11 behind, beat them and we'll be 8 behind. 

You don't get six points for winning a six pointer game.
    But isn’t it also 3 points they can’t get in the 6 pointers? Hence they are called 6 pointers..
  • Options
    One game at a time, lads. And fingernails bitten down to the quick.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Yes but they don't lose 3 points. 

They have 76 now.

We have 59 now, win the two in hand we will have 65.

Beat them and they will still have 76 and we'll have 68, eight behind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    iaitch said:
    We're 17 behind, win the two in hand and then we're 11 behind, beat them and we'll be 8 behind. 

You don't get six points for winning a six pointer game.
    But isn’t it also 3 points they can’t get in the 6 pointers? Hence they are called 6 pointers..
    Eh?

So going into the final game of a season and you are 5 points behind someone and are playing them you can still go ahead of them !!
    what you have said doesn’t make sense. 
    Getting carried away with the new manager bounce!

But if we win all our remaining games that would give us 93 points. If Hull win 5 of their remaining games and lose to us, they would have 91.
  • Options
    We have 59 points with 8 games remaining, ie 24 points available.

59 plus 24 is 83 points.
  • Options
    We need to average 2 points per game to make the playoffs.
    75 will probably be just about enough.
    Beat Sunderland and confidence will be sky high.
    draw and we are still a confident side.
  • Options
    If we are going to finish in the top 6, I think we must beat Lincoln and Ipswich. Winning those two will be crucial to us grabbing that final spot.
  • Options
    On the fishy predictions site I had us 7th on 73 points and missing out by 2 points and goal difference so 3 points really 
  • Options
    I think we should look into the 6 points for a win as this could really help to catch up. Reminds me of Sensible Soccer cheats. :)
  • Options
    Its a bit tough to get ahead of ourselves, we need a bit of luck and some good results against the so called better teams in the league. Do-able but still one game at a time for me, current form we should squeeze it but some big games coming. 
  • Options
    It's just nice to see everybody nearly having played the same number of games. 

We will get to see what we are made of till the end of season. I'd like us to use Aneke more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very difficult league to predict. I think we would all agree:

- that we’ve got a chance. Not sure that would have been the CL ‘view’ a few weeks ago
    - that, if we get to the play off places, it will be 6th (maybe 5th at a push). Maybe one of the top 5 will slip up in form but that isn’t looking likely atm
    - that we are probably competing with mainly Lincoln and Ipswich for that last spot. Maybe one other in the pack will go on a run but, at the moment, it is those two teams that I will build voodoo dolls of.

Play offs, for me, still look possible but not probable and, therefore, subsequent promotion even more so. But, we have hope of getting a result in every match we play, even this Saturday, so I look forward with relish to Valley Pass coverage.
  • Options
    Its a bit tough to get ahead of ourselves, we need a bit of luck and some good results against the so called better teams in the league. Do-able but still one game at a time for me, current form we should squeeze it but some big games coming. 
    Exactly, with a very tough away match coming up and Lincoln playing Blackpool, we could find ourselves 4 points adrift of 6th by Saturday night, having played a game more and with a worse goal difference.

Let's just focus on getting something at Sunderland and then move on to the next game.
  • Options
    I am very confident that if we set up correctly and approach the game positively, Sunderland is a 50:50. If we are cautious I think it may shift the game towards them.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Oh Evesham. Have a cup of tea and reset your morning. 
    Jeez, I really fucked that up!! Call it boundless optimism or Maths blindness, bloody hell, sorry everyone...
    No worries we all have our moments.
  • Options
    We will miss out on the playoffs by two points. The missed pen at Oxford... 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Simple really we win all our games and everyone else draws all their other games.

Charlton Athletic 83

Hull City 81

Peterborough 79

Sunderland 78

Portsmouth 72

Blackpool 72

Lincoln City 70

What could go wrong???

Easy ain't when you explain it like that.....
    Can i have some of whatever you are on ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I admire the blind optimism of the football fans but getting into the playoffs isn’t going to happen this season. The three months from November when we completely lost the plot have cost us dearly. 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Simple really we win all our games and everyone else draws all their other games.

Charlton Athletic 83

Hull City 81

Peterborough 79

Sunderland 78

Portsmouth 72

Blackpool 72

Lincoln City 70

What could go wrong???

Easy ain't when you explain it like that.....
    Can i have some of whatever you are on ;)
    It's called optimism!!!