Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League 1 scores

Comments

• Found it interesting how many teams got beaten heavily today. 5 teams got beat by more than 3+ goals in league 1. I do wonder whether that will be a pattern towards the end of the season.

Can only one game at a time, but was pleased to see Accrington, Crewe and Plymouth on the end of heavy defeats, teams who we still have to play. 
    Hopefully Accrington will be looking at the table thinking that a win on Tuesday night puts them back in with an outside chance :)
  • Found it interesting how many teams got beaten heavily today. 5 teams got beat by more than 3+ goals in league 1. I do wonder whether that will be a pattern towards the end of the season.

Can only one game at a time, but was pleased to see Accrington, Crewe and Plymouth on the end of heavy defeats, teams who we still have to play. 
    Hopefully Accrington will be looking at the table thinking that a win on Tuesday night puts them back in with an outside chance :)
    Getting carried away but would be nice to go into the final two matches and not be trying to hunt down the teams in front. Those Crewe and Accrington matches are slotted in at the perfect time.
  • We just need Sunderland to beat Blackpool twice, Sunderland also have to play Hull. 
  • edited April 2021

Pompey lose at home and also have key players lost for the rest of the season
  • Do we think next weeks kick off time will be put back? I can’t see games kicking off at 3pm or whilst Prince Phillip’s funeral is actually in progress.
  • Do we think next weeks kick off time will be put back? I can’t see games kicking off at 3pm or whilst Prince Phillip’s funeral is actually in progress.
    Maybe, or praps play Sunday with the midweek games pushed back to Weds
  • Midday kick off please. Make the tractor boys get up earlier
  • edited April 2021
    WSS said:
    Midday kick off please. Make the tractor boys get up earlier
    12:30 KO is my guess.
  • edited April 2021

Jacobs has gone to pieces...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2021

I heard Jacobs is looking for a new Club
  • edited April 2021

Jacobs Creek-ing at the knees.

• No thanks, heard he's crackers...
  • It doesn’t matter what other teams do, they won’t all win all or most of their remaining games. Charlton will. Let them worry about us.
    And if any of those teams hadn’t considered Charlton as a threat to their promotion plans before now I suspect winning away to Sunderland may have given them something to be anxious about...
  • Good news, we're mathematically safe from relegation!

• Doubt we’ll ever want MK Dons to win a game more than tonight’s. 
  • Doubt we’ll ever want MK Dons to win a game more than tonight’s. 
    Along with Accrington and Crewe... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Could see a surprise from Wimbledon tonight - that would be massive
  • It seems that we are the only team in the top half of the table  (apart from the top 2) that aren't playing tonight. Table will make interesting reading come 10pm tonight. 
  • esseffect said:
    Could see a surprise from Wimbledon tonight - that would be massive
    Dunno if I'd be overly surprised at Ipswich failing to get a win tonight, their recent results have been nothing special
  • Best of luck Crewe, Wigan, Wimbledon, Accrington, Burton, MKD and Shrewsbury.
    Crewe - you'd hope for a reaction after their nightmare on Sunday, and Pompey have a few injury problems
    Wigan - I'd expect them to lose to Sunderland, but they will be buoyed by an excellent win on Sunday
    Wimbledon - Also should be on a high, Ipswich are pretty toothless
    Accrington - I think Blackpool are too good at the moment
    Burton - I expect them to beat Donnie, but then I don't regard Donnie as a threat now anyway
    MKD - I expect a tight game, could go either way
    Shrewsbury - Another close call, Oxford might have too much

All 8 games tonight are important, as the remaining one is between the bottom 2 sides. A great end to the season for a neutral unlike the Championship where the top 7 are clear
  • My predictions:

Crewe 1 Pompey 1
    Wigan 0 Sunderland 2
    Wimbledon 2 Ipswich 1
    Blackpool 3 Accrington 0
    Doncaster 1 Burton 1
    Lincoln 0 Mk Dons 0
    Oxford 1 Shrewsbury 1
    Rochdale 1 Swindon 0

• My predictions:

I haven't got a clue. The form book can often be thrown out of the window at this time of the season.

But if some results go for us, I'll be happy. :smile:

• edited April 2021
    On a slow afternoon, I have decided to set a free competition for those that want a Charlton Play Off shirt 1998 pin badge (pictured below).

As I have only one spare to give away, if it is a draw, I will devise a tie breaker for those who have tied tomorrow. Probably predict the Champions league scores. 

Anyway, to enter, post you predictions for tonight's games and you will get 2 points for a totally correct scoreline and 1 point for a correct outcome but the wrong score. My predictions are below and if I win I keep the pin badge :). If there is a clear winner, they can message me a postal address and I'll send it to them tomorrow. Good luck.

Crewe 1 Pompey 1
    Wigan 0 Sunderland 2
    Wimbledon 2 Ipswich 1
    Blackpool 3 Accrington 0
    Doncaster 1 Burton 1
    Lincoln 0 Mk Dons 0
    Oxford 1 Shrewsbury 1
    Rochdale 1 Swindon 0

• On a slow afternoon, I have decided to set a free competition for those that want a Charlton Play Off shirt 1998 pin badge (pictured below).

As I have only one spare to give away, if it is a draw, I will devise a tie breaker for those who have tied tomorrow. Probably predict the Champions league scores. 

Anyway, to enter, post you predictions for tonight's games and you will get 2 points for a totally correct scoreline and 1 point for a correct outcome but the wrong score. My predictions are below and if I win I keep the pin badge :). If there is a clear winner, they can message me a postal address and I'll send it to them tomorrow. Good luck.

Crewe 1 Pompey 1
    Wigan 0 Sunderland 2
    Wimbledon 2 Ipswich 1
    Blackpool 3 Accrington 0
    Doncaster 1 Burton 1
    Lincoln 0 Mk Dons 0
    Oxford 1 Shrewsbury 1
    Rochdale 1 Swindon 0

Great idea!

my predictions below:

Crewe 1 Pompey 2
    Wigan 0 Sunderland 2
    Wimbledon 1 Ipswich 2
    Blackpool 2 Accrington 0
    Doncaster 1 Burton 1
    Lincoln 1 Mk Dons 0
    Oxford 3 Shrewsbury 1
    Rochdale 1 Swindon 1
  • I hope I won't be sending it to you with all respect seeing those predictions :)