Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League 1 scores

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2021
    We will miss out on the playoffs by two points. The missed pen at Oxford... 
    or Famewo's fuck up at Wimbledon or …. if we miss out it won't be down to one single reason.
    Never mind all is fine @iaitch has it all sussed
  • Options
    Thanks Easty, I've got £2 at 200 for us to win the league.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Thanks Easty, I've got £2 at 200 for us to win the league.
    Candy from a baby then eh
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    or Famewo's fuck up at Wimbledon or …. if we miss out it won't be down to one single reason.
    Missed penalty at Oxford, missed pen at Gillingham, 95th minute penalty given away at Shrewsbury, Famewo horror show at Wimbledon, that's 8 points gifted straight away.
  • Options
    And the equalisers conceded away at Swindon Shrewsbury and Gillingham.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From next week, Blackpool, Doncaster and Lincoln will have to play every Tuesday until the end of the season
    We will have to play on the 3 final Tuesdays

Any further postponements will mean a team having to play a game on a Thursday
  • Options
    I admire the blind optimism of the football fans but getting into the playoffs isn’t going to happen this season. The three months from November when we completely lost the plot have cost us dearly. 
    You could equally call it 'blind pessimism' that you suggest we don't have a chance?

But we do have a chance! 

Whether the dice rolls for us and we can take it, is entirely up to us.
    Anyway, one game at a time ..... and see where that puts us.

• Options
    Missed penalty at Oxford, missed pen at Gillingham, 95th minute penalty given away at Shrewsbury, Famewo horror show at Wimbledon, that's 8 points gifted straight away.
    Each and every other team can no doubt tell a similar story.

• Options
    From next week, Blackpool, Doncaster and Lincoln will have to play every Tuesday until the end of the season
    We will have to play on the 3 final Tuesdays

Any further postponements will mean a team having to play a game on a Thursday
    That will be us then, you bet.  :neutral:

• Options
    I admire the blind optimism of the football fans but getting into the playoffs isn’t going to happen this season. The three months from November when we completely lost the plot have cost us dearly. 
    You may as well not watch football at all with that attitude.
  • Options
    At least we have something to fight for, ok an outside chance but better than being in midtable with no chance of promotion/playoffs or relegation.

Could all go tits up if we lose a couple of games but we have a glimmer of hope.

We can worry about next season if we get to the Championship although recently the three that go up are fighting relegation. Last seasons three Wycombe, Rotherham and Coventry in the bottom five.

Season before Luton and Barnsley stayed up on the last day and we were relegated on the last day.

Rotherham have been up and down the last four years and possibly another relegation this year.  
  • Options
    all the while it's still in our own hands we've got a half decent chance IMO
    Its not in our hands though is it? - If the six above us win all their remaining games we cant do anything about it
  • Options
    There usually is one team that gets into the Play Offs late and one that drops out having been there all season. We could be the former and Lincoln be the latter as they are on an absolutely shocking run - 11 points from their last 12 matches whereas we've picked up 15 points from our last 7 games.

If and when we make the Play Offs who knows where we might end up!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    all the while it's still in our own hands we've got a half decent chance IMO
    Its not in our hands though is it? - If the six above us win all their remaining games we cant do anything about it
    if we win all our games then it is
  • Options
    I think there's a 50% chance of making the playoffs in 6th place. If we do, we're likely to be playing one of the top 3 , so it'll be a tough ask. 
  • Options
    I think there's a 50% chance of making the playoffs in 6th place. If we do, we're likely to be playing one of the top 3 , so it'll be a tough ask. 
    It will be a tough ask - but I have a feeling that if we do bag a play-off place, we will get through and win the final.
  • Options
    It is interesting reading the different views on our chances talk about pole to pole differences. At the end of the day it is simple, get 15 points from our remaining matches and that will be good enough for 6th or even 5th place. I think we will achieve that but time will tell
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    It will be a tough ask - but I have a feeling that if we do bag a play-off place, we will get through and win the final.
    I think it'll be more like 2017/18 when we narrowly lost both semi finals
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    I was at both Shrewsbury games - not a pleasant experience.

Yes, you're probably right.
  • Options
    If we get there after having to play catch up I think we would be in with a real chance as our turnaround in form in order to get there will mean we shouldnt be frightened of any of the other teams in the playoffs. But then as I'm always displaying I'm just a stupid optimist lol
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    I was at both Shrewsbury games - not a pleasant experience.

Yes, you're probably right.
    Same here, looking at the lineups I'd forgotten that as well as Dean Henderson, Shrewsbury also had Bed Godfrey on loan, though playing in midfield. No wonder we couldn't score against them!
  • Options

Depends on how the club that finishes third have ended their season. All three going well at the moment but if one has a blip and ends up third then they may be going into the playoffs on a downer.

We have a good run and win games and gains confidence then we go into the playoffs on an upper.

Then over two games its anyone's to win.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    If we get there after having to play catch up I think we would be in with a real chance as our turnaround in form in order to get there will mean we shouldnt be frightened of any of the other teams in the playoffs. But then as I'm always displaying I'm just a stupid optimist lol
    More a turn around in results than performance. I honestly don’t think we have improved our performances at all. I’m still watching from behind my hands, waiting for the next cock up, and seeing us defending our lead so deeply we would be in the street outside if they added on more than 5 minutes.