Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League 1 scores

Comments

• Options
    Blackpool have to play Sunderland twice so dont rule them out slipping up.

Saying that I feel we will end up 7th or 8th - still too many clubs around & above us who (with a game in hand) can just edge away enough so that catching them will mean winning 5 or 6 of our last 8 games.

It's not going to happen girls & boys.
  • Options
    Pompey won again. 4 out of 4 for the Cowleys. Maybe we went for the wrong manager(s)
    Came in at a good time though. Beat Ipswich (who are average) then Shrewsbury, Rochdale and Wigan.

Their run in is relatively easy though, every side they play apart from Accrington (who are dropping badly) is in the bottom half. With the other top sides all playing each other i wouldn't rule them out of the race for automatic. They could easily get 20+ points from their last 8 games.
    I'm sure the Cowleys looked at the Pompey run in and our run in, and would have immediately targeted that job
  • Options
    At least we can see where we stand now with some teams having played their game in hand.

A battle between us and Lincoln it seems.

Lincoln back in action at the weekend away to Blackpool. Come on Blackpool! 
    Dunno that one might be an ideal draw with the latter still to play Sunderland twice in very quick succession
    If Lincoln genuinely have been ravaged by Covid, a knackered squad recovering from the virus will be no match for a Blackpool side bang in form

If on the other hand they all run around like Mo Farah in his pomp, it will look very suspicious...
  • Options
    At least we can see where we stand now with some teams having played their game in hand.

Dunno that one might be an ideal draw with the latter still to play Sunderland twice in very quick succession

It might look better to have more catchable teams but first you have to rely on Blackpool dropping more points to Sunderland to make that a reality.

With less than 10 games to go, you have to set your sights on one team and aim to finish above them. I think it's clear now that we need to finish above Lincoln while holding off the likes of Ipswich and Doncaster behind us. We still have to play the Imps at the Valley which makes them far more catchable than others above them. We could be in a situation on 4th/5th May where we are only 1 or 2 points behind them.

For all I care, Hull, Peterborough, Sunderland, Blackpool and Pompey can all win as many games as they want. Including against Lincoln.
    Agreed, I can't see us catching the top 5

We do have a chance of catching Lincoln though AND I can see us staying ahead of a very average Ipswich side, a Gillingham side who gave played 2 more games than us and a Doncaster side on the slide.
  • Options

If Lincoln genuinely have been ravaged by Covid, a knackered squad recovering from the virus will be no match for a Blackpool side bang in form

If on the other hand they all run around like Mo Farah in his pomp, it will look very suspicious...
    Wont be surprised if the COVID cases arent even regular starters!!
  • Options
    Still reckon the new manager bounce will get us to the playoffs, enough points still to play for. As long as Inniss stays fit and Famewo returns pronto we have a fighting chance. 
  • Options
    That is decent. All pretty much caught us up games wise and were 7th. Balls out now and go for it. 
    Lincoln tomorrow would’ve been good. But Sunderland do not look anything special at all and our away form is class.
    COYRs
  • Options
    Blackpool have to play Sunderland twice so dont rule them out slipping up.

Saying that I feel we will end up 7th or 8th - still too many clubs around & above us who (with a game in hand) can just edge away enough so that catching them will mean winning 5 or 6 of our last 8 games.

It's not going to happen girls & boys.
    Nads will set out to prove you wrong, Golfie! :smile:

Plenty of twists and turns still to come. All to play for!

• Options
    Doncaster have bombed badly, they looked a shoe-in for the play offs a few weeks back. Now they've taken just 2 points from 7 games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is there a predictor type thing where you can enter what you think results will be and see final table. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    MrOneLung said:
    Is there a predictor type thing where you can enter what you think results will be and see final table. 
    https://thefishy.co.uk/calculator0.php?Competition=3

https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-league-one/
  • Options

For all I care, Hull, Peterborough, Sunderland, Blackpool and Pompey can all win as many games as they want. Including against Lincoln.
    But of course they can't all win as many games as they want ....... there's still several games to come when they've got to play each other, including Blackpool playing Sunderland twice. 

This is where it gets interesting, dog eat dog, Both teams can't both win the same game, so one or both teams must drop points.
    Worldies, fluke deflections, clangers & cock ups, irrational ref decisions, red cards, pens, injuries and exhaustion can make everything unpredictable.

And that's not even allowing for a team tripping up against a side fighting to the death to escape relegation.
    That often happens in the final run in.

Tonight you can look at Hull, 3 points clear at the top. But they could easily miss out on the automatics.
    The current table today is no guarantee of the final table after 46 games.

• Options
    Dont worry Burton will screw up their next two games against Portsmouth and Doncaster!!
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    MrOneLung said:

Randomly generated results for the worldfootball.net table using probability weighting from expected odds...

I got this table with one game left to play... Charlton got lucky with 5 wins and 2 draws from the next seven games.

1 Hull 84PTS (+37 GD) (PROMOTED)
    2 Sunderland 81PTS (+32 GD)
    -
    3 Peterborough 78PTS (+29 GD)
    4 Blackpool 78PTS (+19 GD)
    5 Charlton 76PTS (+12 GD)
    6 Portsmouth 74PTS (+17 GD)
    -
    7 Ipswich 74PTS (+9 GD)
    8 Lincoln 73PTS (+14 GD)
    9 Doncaster 72PTS (+9 GD)
    10 Gillingham 67PTS (+3 GD)

____

19 Northampton 49PTS (-23 GD)
    20 Swindon 44PTS (-25 GD)
    -
    21 Bristol Rovers 43PTS (-25 GD)
    22 AFC Wimbledon 43PTS (-27 GD)
    23 Wigan 43PTS (-28 GD)
    24 Rochdale 37PTS (-28 GD) (RELEGATED)
  • Options

I got this table with one game left to play... Charlton got lucky with 4 wins and 2 draws from the next six games.

I would be stunned if we get those results. Happy. But stunned. I peg us for 7th or 8th this season.
  • Options

Just the 17 points from last 8 games which equals 5 wins 2 draws 1 defeat , yeah righto
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021

Just the 17 points from last 8 games which equals 5 wins 2 draws 1 defeat , yeah righto
    It was completely random, with a bit of weighting given to the better teams. As mentioned, it was after only 45 games so 5 wins, 2 draws and no defeats.

Sunderland 1-2 Charlton
    Charlton 1-1 Ipswich
    Plymouth 1-2 Charlton
    Charlton 2-1 Peterborough
    Charlton 2-0 Crewe
    Accrington 1-1 Charlton
    Charlton 2-0 Lincoln
    Charlton ?-? Hull

We got extremely lucky and couldn't stop rolling 5s and 6s (I didn't actually use a dice, it's metaphorical). As unexpected was Peterborough's collapse who couldn't stop rolling 1s and 2s, only picking up 5 points from the next 6.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Randomly generated results for the worldfootball.net table using probability weighting from expected odds...

I got this table with one game left to play... Charlton got lucky with 4 wins and 2 draws from the next six games.

-
    -
    7 Ipswich 74PTS (+9 GD)
    8 Lincoln 73PTS (+14 GD)

____

-
    23 Wigan 43PTS (-28 GD)
    Pompey only getting 10 more points in the next 7 winnable games, after winning 4 in a row?
  • Options

It was completely random, with a bit of weighting given to the better teams. As mentioned, it was after only 45 games so 5 wins, 2 draws and no defeats.

Sunderland 1-2 Charlton
    Charlton 1-1 Ipswich
    Plymouth 1-2 Charlton
    Charlton 2-1 Peterborough
    Charlton 2-0 Crewe
    Accrington 1-1 Charlton
    Charlton 2-0 Lincoln
    Charlton ?-? Hull

We got extremely lucky and couldn't stop rolling 5s and 6s (I didn't actually use a dice, it's metaphorical). As unexpected was Peterborough's collapse who couldn't stop rolling 1s and 2s, only picking up 5 points from the next 6.
    sorry, i thought you or something was predicting it 
    I have no idea how it came to those results but i'll take em !!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

-
    -
    7 Ipswich 74PTS (+9 GD)
    8 Lincoln 73PTS (+14 GD)

____

-
    23 Wigan 43PTS (-28 GD)
    Pompey only getting 10 more points in the next 7 winnable games, after winning 4 in a row?
    Pompey 1-2 Burton
    Crewe 1-2 Pompey
    MK 0-1 Pompey
    Swindon 1-0 Pompey
    Pompey 2-0 Bristol Rovers
    Accrington 1-0 Pompey
    AFC Wimbledon 1-1 Pompey
    Pompey ?-? Accrington
  • Options
    I could do this whole process again and Pompey are the ones getting 17 points while we get five.

Just thought it was interesting on my first attempt how the table bunched up so much at both ends.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

-
    -
    7 Ipswich 74PTS (+9 GD)
    8 Lincoln 73PTS (+14 GD)

____

-
    23 Wigan 43PTS (-28 GD)
    It can happen.

Doncaster did something like that. Lincoln too. Earlier in the season Sunderland, Peterborough, Hull and Ipswich also.

So did we, after winning 6 on the spin.

• Options
    I had a quick play on the fishy, and had us finishing the season 6th with 76 points, with Crewe 7th on 70. We lost to Sunderland, drew against Posh and Hull and won the other 5 games.

The important assumption though was that Lincoln would slide away, only picking up 6 more points, and that we beat them. 

We need to beat Ipswich, Plymouth, Crewe, Accrington and Lincoln, which would give us 74 points. Any points from our games against the top 3 will then be bonuses
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

-
    -
    7 Ipswich 74PTS (+9 GD)
    8 Lincoln 73PTS (+14 GD)

____

-
    23 Wigan 43PTS (-28 GD)
    Pompey 1-2 Burton
    Crewe 1-2 Pompey
    MK 0-1 Pompey
    Swindon 1-0 Pompey
    Pompey 2-0 Bristol Rovers
    Accrington 1-0 Pompey
    AFC Wimbledon 1-1 Pompey
    Pompey ?-? Accrington
    On current form, you'd expect Pompey to beat Swindon and Wimbledon comfortably for a start, so that's an extra 5 points. I'd be surprised if they lost to both Burton and Accrington too
  • Options
    I'm starting to feel our experienced Pros might have a positive role to play now, rather than hell concede 2 goals per game at home.