Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League 1 scores

Comments

• Options
    Results didn’t really go our way today, but bar Ipswich I can’t see any of the teams below us posing much of a threat. Donny are poor, Gills played more games than us, Oxford same games and 3 points behind, and MK Dons same games and 5 points behind.

Need to start looking up now, with Pompey looking must likely to drop out imo.
    Its basically; Lincoln, Portsmouth, Blackpool, Charlton, Ipswich fighting for three Play-Off spots
    I would add Oxford into the mix.....and only fighting for 2 play off places as Pompey have got a 2nd wind & I expect will solidify 4th.

So makes Us, Blackpool, Lincoln, Oxford, Donny & Ipswich fighting for just 2 places. Still think we will come up short but hopefully will make the end of the season more exciting & not the damp squib I thought it would be a month or so ago. 
  • Options
    Still think we need at least 16 more points as our GD is worse than anyone else's that we are fighting a play off place with. 5 wins & a draw in minimum - will take 5 wins & 2 draws or 6 wins. Can only afford to lose against Sunderland & Peterborough. A very tough ask imo.
  • Options
    If somebody can go back far enough to find when 74 points doesn't get you into the play offs I would be grateful. I can't be arsed to go back more than 10 years and it has always been enough in that time. That has to be our target without a focus on the other clubs and if we are a few points short, hope we are lucky.
  • Options
    Results didn’t really go our way today, but bar Ipswich I can’t see any of the teams below us posing much of a threat. Donny are poor, Gills played more games than us, Oxford same games and 3 points behind, and MK Dons same games and 5 points behind.

3 wins on the bounce and they don't play a team currently higher than 12th in their remaining games.
    Didn’t realise the run in they have. Maybe Lincoln then. They’ve got a few injuries and are in bad form.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    If somebody can go back far enough to find when 74 points doesn't get you into the play offs I would be grateful. I can't be arsed to go back more than 10 years and it has always been enough in that time. That has to be our target without a focus on the other clubs and if we are a few points short, hope we are lucky.
    2010 was the most recent when Huddersfield finished on 80-pts with Norwich and Leeds taking the automatics on 95-pts and 86-pts respectfully

Seventh place that year got 73-pts so again you could argue that 74-pts was enough that season

2009, the sixth place team got 76-pts; Tranmere finished seventh with 74-pts that year

69-pts - 2015
    70-pts - 1998
    71-pts - 2005 | 2006 | 2011 | 2018
    72-pts - 1993
    73-pts - 1994 | 1996 | 1997 | 2004 | 2012 | 2017 | 2019
    74-pts - 2013 | 2014 | 2016
    75-pts - 2001 | 2007
    76-pts - 1999 | 2008 | 2009
    78-pts - 2002
    80-pts - 2010
    81-pts - 1995 | 2003
    82-pts - 2000
  • Options
    edited April 2021

3 wins on the bounce and they don't play a team currently higher than 12th in their remaining games.
    Didn’t realise the run in they have. Maybe Lincoln then. They’ve got a few injuries and are in bad form.
    Which is why they are suddenly the only team in the whole of the EFL to have positive Covid tests. Funny that.......
  • Options
    And dont forget our GD is dire when compared to the rest of the top 6 so that means we'll need an extra point than everyone bar Ipswich & Oxford. 

And as said earlier, the top 2 or 3 aren't running away with it & so are dropping points to the teams in 4th to 8th. 2 seasons ago there were only 2 or 3 teams chasing the last couple of play off spots & we secured at least 6th with a game to go. Much tighter this season & I reckon on the last day there will be much to-ing & fro-ing.

• Options
    McGeady has been in a tremendous streak as of late, Boy he  really stiffed us when he was here.
    Maybe he's getting games in the right position?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Karl Robinson saying the police will be involved after it all kicked off in the tunnel at half time. He is saying the Oxford goalie was assaulted in the tunnel. 

Incidentally Robinson is fuming at the referee today, one Trevor Kettle!
  • Options
    Karl Robinson saying the police will be involved after it all kicked off in the tunnel at half time. He is saying the Oxford goalie was assaulted in the tunnel. 

Sounds like Lee Johnson has Wengeritis, I didn't see anything but always sees what the opposition does.
  • Options
    I think the table makes pretty grim reading at the moment. The past run of 9 games will probably end up costing us.
  • Options
    Yes that awful run of games and negativity both on and off the pitch, (without being related to Ownership for the first time in a decade) will be our downfall come the end of season.
  • Options
    You can’t really play as badly as we have, for as long as we did, and expect to make the playoffs. The table was generous to us for a long time as we had played more games than most other teams, but in reality that (very) poor run will cost us dearly. 
  • Options
    The past 9 games do not matter if we take points off of Ipswich Lincoln and Accrington...if we win those three and get one result out of Hull, posh or sunderland....I think we could make them! 
  • Options

Its basically; Lincoln, Portsmouth, Blackpool, Charlton, Ipswich fighting for three Play-Off spots
    I would add Oxford into the mix.....and only fighting for 2 play off places as Pompey have got a 2nd wind & I expect will solidify 4th.

So makes Us, Blackpool, Lincoln, Oxford, Donny & Ipswich fighting for just 2 places. Still think we will come up short but hopefully will make the end of the season more exciting & not the damp squib I thought it would be a month or so ago. 
    I've a suspicion that we'll finish the season strongly but miss out on the playoffs by say 3 points, leading to 100 pages of comments about whether we should have brought Adkins in earlier or not!
    I think that question doesnt need answering mate. Surely even the most ardent Bowyers fans accept he should have go at Xmas now. His meltdown cost us dearly through jan and feb
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    AndyG said:

I've a suspicion that we'll finish the season strongly but miss out on the playoffs by say 3 points, leading to 100 pages of comments about whether we should have brought Adkins in earlier or not!
    I think that question doesnt need answering mate. Surely even the most ardent Bowyers fans accept he should have go at Xmas now. His meltdown cost us dearly through jan and feb
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing... Lets not forget that this run we're on, Bowyer started it

We've not suddenly started winning games on a more consistent basis the moment Bowyer has left the building

Not yet anyway

Could equally ask if losing Famewo and Inniss to injury was the reason that cost us as since those two have played (from February onwards), we've only lost the one game, which is again an argument that was thrown out there a good few times...
  • Options
    It isnt hindsight though imo. Unfortunately things went toxic for whatever reason. I honestly believe a different manager would have got more points than we did through that run of games
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    It isnt hindsight though imo. Unfortunately things went toxic for whatever reason. I honestly believe a different manager would have got more points than we did through that run of games
    Absolutely, bowyer needed to go earlier, can’t believe people still supporting him as far as his management was going. He should have done better than he did this season and if he had done so would be rightfully praised, instead of being stubbornly and blind faith supported by people.
  • Options
    Awful celebration. Fancy that with no crowds for any form of instinctive adrenaline either.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:
    Absolutely, bowyer needed to go earlier, can’t believe people still supporting him as far as his management was going. He should have done better than he did this season and if he had done so would be rightfully praised, instead of being stubbornly and blind faith supported by people.
    Like I've said though, Adkins hasnt done anything differently and hasnt suddenly turned things around with Bowyer leaving.

In fact he's continued to make similiar baffling decisions as Bowyer would have been slaughtered the moment Maatsen was seen to be at Right-Midfield, so once again proved what the fans truly know - Beating Doncaster should have been expected with the run they're on, and the run we're on given the form Bowyer left us in

Its like Henry said, there is a lot of photoshopping going on over Bowyer's time with us... at the moment he's set the seeds for this run of form that we're on and there is no indication as yet that Adkins will do better or would have done better from Christmas onwards.

A lot wont like it but if we do go up Bowyer has to take some credit
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:
    Like I've said though, Adkins hasnt done anything differently and hasnt suddenly turned things around with Bowyer leaving.

In fact he's continued to make similiar baffling decisions as Bowyer would have been slaughtered the moment Maatsen was seen to be at Right-Midfield, so once again proved what the fans truly know - Beating Doncaster should have been expected with the run they're on, and the run we're on given the form Bowyer left us in

Its like Henry said, there is a lot of photoshopping going on over Bowyer's time with us... at the moment he's set the seeds for this run of form that we're on and there is no indication as yet that Adkins will do better or would have done better from Christmas onwards.

Adkins has brought something completely different to the table, it’s called enthusiasm. Bowyer had become negative, boring.whether Adkins turns out to be better or not bowyer had to go!!!. He’d become stale, a bit like your constant blindness to the situation. I admire your loyalty but it has about as much value as bowyer turned out to have!!.😜.   Just to add for the record, Adkins will need a lot longer than 2 games to sort out the mess of this season, also partly contributed too with bowyers bizarre decision making. So I’d say Adkins will be picking up the peices 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:

Adkins has brought something completely different to the table, it’s called enthusiasm. Bowyer had become negative, boring.whether Adkins turns out to be better or not bowyer had to go!!!. He’d become stale, a bit like your constant blindness to the situation. I admire your loyalty but it has about as much value as bowyer turned out to have!!.😜
    But Adkins for all his enthusiam hasnt turned around anything that hadnt already been turned around?

Lets be grown ups here rather than throwing childish jabs - If you can manage that?
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:

Adkins has brought something completely different to the table, it’s called enthusiasm. Bowyer had become negative, boring.whether Adkins turns out to be better or not bowyer had to go!!!. He’d become stale, a bit like your constant blindness to the situation. I admire your loyalty but it has about as much value as bowyer turned out to have!!.😜
    But Adkins for all his enthusiam hasnt turned around anything that hadnt already been turned around?

Lets be grown ups here rather than throwing childish jabs - If you can manage that?
    I still prefer Adkins enthusiasm, than bowyer endless blaming of other people and drab way of going through things.Well done anyway for taking the moral high ground, so to continue my childish behaviour, I’ll suggest your talking bollox!. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:

I still prefer Adkins enthusiasm, than bowyer endless blaming of other people and drab way of going through things.Well done anyway for taking the moral high ground, so to continue my childish behaviour, I’ll suggest your talking bollox!. 
    Thats fine if you prefer Adkins enthusiam, I still believe its too early to be thinking he's the new messiah

What moral high ground have I taken though? - I'm just asking that if you want to debate something with me that we leave snide little remarks like "He’d become stale, a bit like your constant blindness to the situation" to one side - I'm 37 now and left the school playground a long time ago.