Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League 1 scores

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Sunderland 2-1 Oxford; Aiden McGeady

Karl Robinson has now been sent off
  • Options
    Fleetwood 0-1 Peterborough
  • Options
    Sunderland 2-1 Oxford; Aiden McGeady

Karl Robinson has now been sent off
    Cheers McGeady! Sadly I remember his shot that hit the post against Birmingham all too well :(
  • Options
    Crewe 1-2 Hull

All three teams at the top have all taken the lead within a few mins of each other
  • Options
    Crewe 1-2 Hull

All three teams at the top have all taken the lead within a few mins of each other
    That suits us tbh 
  • Options
    Crewe 1-2 Hull

That suits us tbh 
    Peterborough and Sunderland both have the games in hand to finish above Hull

Means if we end up sixth and Hull dont go up then we'd end up playing them three times on the trot
  • Options
    McGeady has been in a tremendous streak as of late, Boy he  really stiffed us when he was here.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Results didn’t really go our way today, but bar Ipswich I can’t see any of the teams below us posing much of a threat. Donny are poor, Gills played more games than us, Oxford same games and 3 points behind, and MK Dons same games and 5 points behind.

Need to start looking up now, with Pompey looking most likely to drop out imo.
  • Options
    Sunderland 3-1
  • Options
    Results didn’t really go our way today, but bar Ipswich I can’t see any of the teams below us posing much of a threat. Donny are poor, Gills played more games than us, Oxford same games and 3 points behind, and MK Dons same games and 5 points behind.

Need to start looking up now, with Pompey looking must likely to drop out imo.
    Its basically; Lincoln, Portsmouth, Blackpool, Charlton, Ipswich fighting for three Play-Off spots
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No way were finishing 3rd. only 4th place at best.
  • Options
    Got to finish above Lincoln if we are going to finish 6th. They are the team we are chasing IMO.
  • Options
    We have Sunderland and Ipswich next, I can only see a 6th place being realistic as a finish.
    Like my pockets, it's going to be tight.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Sunderland are in the sort of form where I think a team has have to lose sooner or later

They have Peterborough on Monday so hopefully that will tire them a bit, others on Monday:

Blackpool v Gillingham
    Bristol Rovers v Doncaster Rovers
    Oxford United v Accrington Stanley
    Rochdale v Ipswich Town
    Wigan Athletic v Portsmouth
  • Options
    Just watched Sunderland beat Oxford. Yes they won and yes they're in good form but they're not wonderful!!

Really want to best them. Can't stand the manager Lee Johnson. Very mouthy on the side today and influences the referee.

However the referee was Trevor Kettle. Enough said 
  • Options
    Wow, of the top 9 in the division as of now, everyone won other than Lincoln who didn't play. I can't see anyone in the current top 6 dropping out other than Lincoln
  • Options
    Wow, of the top 9 in the division as of now, everyone won other than Lincoln who didn't play. I can't see anyone in the current top 6 dropping out other than Lincoln
    You are probably right about Lincoln being the only team likely to drop out of the top 6. And they are definitely catchable by us.

Apart from Ipswich, I can't see any of the teams below us being a real threat.

Sadly, I'm definitely a glass half-empty type of person but even I think there's a very good chance we will end up in the top 6. 
  • Options
    As long as we take all 3 points off the teams we have to play around us we will finish in the top 6
  • Options
    As long as we take all 3 points off the teams we have to play around us we will finish in the top 6
    This 
  • Options

Need to start looking up now, with Pompey looking must likely to drop out imo.
    3 wins on the bounce and they don't play a team currently higher than 12th in their remaining games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Same for me.

The top 3 are gone, Portsmouth have a new manager and an easy run in and Blackpool are in superb form. So that only leaves Lincoln.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Our recent form is pretty decent, but up against teams you'd expect us to beat really, other than Oxford, as Donnie are dropping quickly

Lincoln and Accrington seem to be sliding - Lincoln's  postponed games are against the 4th and 5th best form teams... Bristol Rovers are as bad under their 3rd manager as under their previous 2. Ipswich look average

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/league-one/form-guide
  • Options
    The aim has to be to catch and pass Lincoln. If we finish above the Imps, we have a really good chance. If we don’t, I see us struggling to catch up with Blackpool and Pompey in their current form.
  • Options
    Sunderland beating Oxford is good for us, no?
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    It was interesting listening to Adkins as the way he looks at it seems to me to be absolutely right. It is simply look at the points we need rather than how other teams do. That will vary week by week and it is ridiculous for people to assume one or two or more won't have a bad run. 70 plus gives us a chance and 74 will be enough. That was two points a game before today which is what we have been averaging for our previous six games. We are now looking at 1.875 per game.

Today put us right in the frame and the games played are starting to even up.
  • Options
    Hope has always been that we have the experience (two play offs campaign in a row at this levels) and the squad depth to be there or there about at the end of the season. We have started to hit form when it matters. Sunderland will be tough next week, but we suit those games when we can sit back and break on the counter.
  • Options
    Karl Robinson saying the police will be involved after it all kicked off in the tunnel at half time. He is saying the Oxford goalie was assaulted in the tunnel. 
  • Options
    Apparently their keeper was headbutted by one of the Sunderland coaching staff in the tunnel at half time.
  • Options
    Karl Robinson saying the police will be involved after it all kicked off in the tunnel at half time. He is saying the Oxford goalie was assaulted in the tunnel.