Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League 1 scores

Comments

• Options
    Why are we playing Lincoln on Tuesday if it's not on Sky? The only L1 game that day with everyone else playing on Monday
  • Options
    doronron said:
    We can't lose to any of these 4 sides,but we can't only end up with 4 draws either.
    Very true. I can see us losing to Sunderland.....nailed on in fact. But can quite easily see us winning the other 3. All on poor form and we are hopefully now gaining momentum. Win those 3 games & we still have a sniff. Lose more than 1 & we are done & dusted.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    good point for Lincoln at Sunderland .. but since their main man Jorge Grant has been injured, their form has nosedived. He may well be out for the rest of the season 

With us playing Doncaster, Lincoln, Sunderland and Ipswich in the next four games, how many points do you think we will achieve?
    The aim has to be two points per game from here until the end of the season to get us to 74 points after 46 games.

With 74 points you’d be extremely unlucky to miss out on the playoffs, it’s been enough in all but one of the last dozen or so seasons.

With a two points per game target in mind, the ideal number is 8-10 points but I’d be fine with 6 or 7 from those fixtures. No doubt the game up at Sunderland will be the toughest of the lot but hopeful we can get results against out of form teams in Donny, Lincoln and Ipswich.

It keeps us in the picture with the last five matches including games against mid table sides: Plymouth, Accrington, Crewe.
  • Options
    Looking at the run in of our rivals, Portsmouth look like they will romp away. Blackpool and even Lincoln look vulnerable. Without a doubt, we can’t afford to lose to Donny, Lincoln, Blackpool or Ipswich. Overall, it seems possible to reach the playoffs but highly unlikely. I think we will come up short by 4 points.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Looking at the run in of our rivals, Portsmouth look like they will romp away. Blackpool and even Lincoln look vulnerable. Without a doubt, we can’t afford to lose to Donny, Lincoln, Blackpool or Ipswich. Overall, it seems possible to reach the playoffs but highly unlikely. I think we will come up short by 4 points.
    How do Blackpool look vulnerable?!

Unbeaten in 12, including wins over Portsmouth, us, Oxford and Peterborough.
    Unbeaten at home since October (we were the last team to win there).
  • Options
    We are at the business end of the season where it all comes down to who has the momentum. Despite the general feeling on here, we’ve just gone 6 games without defeat, got a new manager with a proven record who has had the benefit (of the Wimbledon game) of seeing exactly why this squad isn’t running away with the league and who will have had two weeks to make some quite simple changes (such as don’t fuck about with the ball in your own goal area). We’ve been just another one of the unpredictable teams in an unpredictable league this season so far but now we’re nicely set up to start winning consistently. Promotion is still there for the taking.
    We are back in the running. We have the experience of back to back league 1 play off campaigns the last time we were at this level. 

Biggest squad by a distance. Even though he is hit and miss sometimes, how many other teams have someone like Aneke on the bench to bring on.
    Two players per every position and we have started turn the corner with form. Unbeaten in 6 and Washington is probably the form player in the division. 

Always felt that the issues were internally rather than 8/9 teams being better than us. Need minimum of 4 points against Doncaster & Lincoln 

• Options
    Oh to be blessed with optimism... 
  • Options
    edited March 2021

I used to sit next to two geezers who would still think we'd get a point if 2 down with five minutes to go, it would drive me insane with their blind faith.
    When Dushitelet took over one of them bet me £50 we'd be in the Premier inside five years.  I am still waiting for the money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I used to sit next to two geezers who would still think we'd get a point if 2 down with five minutes to go, it would drive me insane with their blind faith.
    When Dushitelet took over one of them bet me £50 we'd be in the Premier inside five years.  I am still waiting for the money.
    You should have moved seats & come and sat next to me.....😄

That was funny.
  • Options
    Have just seen that Doncaster have got to play Peterborough twice as well.

Hoping MK Dons do us another favour on Friday away to Lincoln 
  • Options
    Why are we playing Lincoln on Tuesday if it's not on Sky? The only L1 game that day with everyone else playing on Monday
    Looks like it was just an agreement between the two clubs... Am surprised in a way, moving the KO time feels one thing but the whole game to another day doesnt feel right

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5f5247b7a45e9/charltons-home-fixture-against-lincoln-city-moved#:~:text=The Addicks home fixture against,pm on Tuesday, April 6th.
  • Options
    Looks like it was just an agreement between the two clubs... Am surprised in a way, moving the KO time feels one thing but the whole game to another day doesnt feel right

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5f5247b7a45e9/charltons-home-fixture-against-lincoln-city-moved#:~:text=The Addicks home fixture against,pm on Tuesday, April 6th.
    We played the away game on the Sunday.
  • Options
    We are 6/1 currently in Skybet to finish top 6, seems about right to me. It’s possible but very improbable.

if we are still in with a shout going into the final two games I would be happy with that.
  • Options
    Putting my forecasting hat on

Doncaster A - win
    Lincoln H - win
    Sunderland A - lose
    Ipswich H - win
    Plymouth A - draw
    Posh H - lose
    Crewe H - win
    Accrington A - win
    Hull H - draw

Which would give us 17 points, and 73 in total, but in reality we could beat Posh and lose to Ipswich!
  • Options

Doncaster A - win
    Lincoln H - win
    Sunderland A - lose
    Ipswich H - win
    Plymouth A - draw
    Posh H - lose
    Crewe H - win
    Accrington A - win
    Hull H - draw

Which would give us 17 points, and 73 in total, but in reality we could beat Posh and lose to Ipswich!
    In reality you could be wrong in every prediction. 
    I find it impossible predicting Charlton this season. 
    I find it impossible predicting all the clubs!
  • Options
    In a season where most have watched more of us then ever, so many in their predictions have failed to grasp we are just bang average. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Doncaster A - win
    Lincoln H - win
    Sunderland A - lose
    Ipswich H - win
    Plymouth A - draw
    Posh H - lose
    Crewe H - win
    Accrington A - win
    Hull H - draw

You can’t predict anything when you have players in your team, who miss penalties, open goals, and can’t keep a ball lower than row m of a stand, add in gifting opponents goals on a regular basis.  Does that sound like a team that’s going to win 7 or 8 of the next 9. 
  • Options
    For me this season feels like we are missing the playoffs ending up in 8th or 9th place and being eliminated in the next to last match.  I just don’t feel we have enough talent in the squad to make a run given the upcoming relative difficulty of our schedule.   I actually can live with that given the early season chaos coupled with the salary cap.  Next year is the one where our expectations should be much higher.  I just hope that our fan base doesn’t go completely negative and turn on Adkins and TS if we don’t make the playoffs - although I predict we will knowing how fickle we are as a fan base.  Expect a lengthy Adkins out thread in about a month.
  • Options
    For me this season feels like we are missing the playoffs ending up in 8th or 9th place and being eliminated in the next to last match.  I just don’t feel we have enough talent in the squad to make a run given the upcoming relative difficulty of our schedule.   I actually can live with that given the early season chaos coupled with the salary cap.  Next year is the one where our expectations should be much higher.  I just hope that our fan base doesn’t go completely negative and turn on Adkins and TS if we don’t make the playoffs - although I predict we will knowing how fickle we are as a fan base.  Expect a lengthy Adkins out thread in about a month.

Football fans throughout the country are fickle.
  • Options
    The first 10 games Powell had should show everyone that Adkins has a free hit in the remaining games without any pressure. The good thing is we have an owner that knows it’s all about the groundwork for the future. He’l allow any person an opportunity to build.
  • Options

Doncaster A - win
    Lincoln H - win
    Sunderland A - lose
    Ipswich H - win
    Plymouth A - draw
    Posh H - lose
    Crewe H - win
    Accrington A - win
    Hull H - draw

So, if you are predicting he could be wrong and you’ve been wrong with your predictions does that mean his predictions will be right ?
  • Options
    All we know for sure is. The next few weeks are crucial 😂
  • Options
    We are at the business end of the season where it all comes down to who has the momentum. Despite the general feeling on here, we’ve just gone 6 games without defeat, got a new manager with a proven record who has had the benefit (of the Wimbledon game) of seeing exactly why this squad isn’t running away with the league and who will have had two weeks to make some quite simple changes (such as don’t fuck about with the ball in your own goal area). We’ve been just another one of the unpredictable teams in an unpredictable league this season so far but now we’re nicely set up to start winning consistently. Promotion is still there for the taking.
    We are back in the running. We have the experience of back to back league 1 play off campaigns the last time we were at this level. 

The starting line up at Wembley was Philipps, Dijksteel, Sarr, Bauer, Purrington, Aribo, Bielik, Cullen, Pratley, Taylor, Parker. Only two of those players are still at the club.

Biggest squad by a distance. Even though he is hit and miss sometimes, how many other teams have someone like Aneke on the bench to bring on.

Lots of teams have someone like Aneke that can start games and can play 90 minutes for several games in a row.

Two players per every position and we have started turn the corner with form. Unbeaten in 6 and Washington is probably the form player in the division. 

Always felt that the issues were internally rather than 8/9 teams being better than us. Need minimum of 4 points against Doncaster & Lincoln 

• Options
    meldrew66 said:
    How do Blackpool look vulnerable?!

Unbeaten in 12, including wins over Portsmouth, us, Oxford and Peterborough.
    Unbeaten at home since October (we were the last team to win there).
    Though it doesn't mean Blackpool are the 'new' Man City.

And so they have a couple of games in hand over us. They played one of them yesterday - and dropped 2 points.
    They may well drop more, as fatigue and injuries play a part.

Yeah, of course there are teams with a small advantage over us right now ..... but all that counts is after 46 matches.

Come on You Reds. All to play for!

• Options
    Oddly, the table looks much more benign with us not having played - and failed to win. Our chances of finishing in the top six seem better now than a few weeks ago. Partly because some of our rivals seem intent on suicide (Donny, Pompey, Ipswich), and partly because we are entitled to the 'new manager bounce'.

Ideally, for entertainment value, we would ride the rollercoaster and wriggle in to the play-offs on goal difference in the last game. I know the odds are against us, but I ain't writing us off yet.