Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League 1 scores

Comments

• AndyG said:
    When you look at our remaining fixtures there is still alot to play for when you consider we have the opportunity to take points from the teams above us. Hopefully Nige can work his positive black magic during the international break and we come back firing on all cylinders. Heres my forecast 

Doncaster away           Draw          1 Pt
    Lincoln Home              Win             3 Pts
    Sunderland Away         Loss           0 Pts
    Ipswich Home              Win             3 Pts
    Plymouth Away            Win             3 Points
    Peterborough Home    Win              3 Points
    Crewe Home                Win             3 Points
    Accrington Away          Win             3 Points
    Hull Home                   Draw            1 Point

TOTAL POINTS                            20

Will that get us into the playoffs ?
    On our current form those results will never happen, Nigel really would have to have a new manager bounce to achieve that.
    12 points gained from the last 6 games.

I do think 20 from the next 9 is a bit fanciful but 15+ is certainly doable and that gives us every chance.

None of the teams in this league are Barcelona - all it takes is a couple of wins to build up a head of steam. Likely? Probably not. Doable? Certainly.
    Against Wigan, Oxford, Northampton, Shrewsbury, Bristol Rovers and Wimbledon. 4 of the current bottom 5 plus Shrewsbury are down in 17th.

We will need a drastic improvement in our game given we're now playing all the top sides. But hopefully Adkins plus the return of Inniss can help to achieve that.
  • Hull, Peterborough, Sunderland and Blackpool are not catchable. 

Two places into 6 teams IMO (Donny, Lincoln, us, Oxford, Pompey, Ipswich); on PPG we are bottom of that group at the moment but still have a few of them to play.

Innis and Atkins positivity our key hopes.
  • Hull, Peterborough, Sunderland and Blackpool are not catchable. 

Two places into 6 teams IMO (Donny, Lincoln, us, Oxford, Pompey, Ipswich); on PPG we are bottom of that group at the moment but still have a few of them to play.

Innis and Atkins positivity our key hopes.
    Famewo was our saviour a little while ago and look how that worked out..... 
  • I'd feel so much better about it all if we'd held on for the win Vs Wimbledon; we'd be 5th now with less teams able to catch us by 5pm

...and then there's the last kick of the game pen that cost us 2 more points

We have been so close to being in a fairly decent position
    On the other hand we didn't deserve the extra 4 points from those 2 games, it's not as if since January we've been dominating every game and deserved more points, our points haul reflects how we've been playing...
  • I think we've used up all our Lady Luck when Thomas took over. The own goal and missed penalty is supporting evidence m’lud. If you think back to the season before promotion to the prem via the play offs and recall those lucky one nil wins (port vale away night match springs to mind when we were slaughtered on the pitch but came away with a victory ). 
  • AndyG said:
    When you look at our remaining fixtures there is still alot to play for when you consider we have the opportunity to take points from the teams above us. Hopefully Nige can work his positive black magic during the international break and we come back firing on all cylinders. Heres my forecast 

Doncaster away           Draw          1 Pt
    Lincoln Home              Win             3 Pts
    Sunderland Away         Loss           0 Pts
    Ipswich Home              Win             3 Pts
    Plymouth Away            Win             3 Points
    Peterborough Home    Win              3 Points
    Crewe Home                Win             3 Points
    Accrington Away          Win             3 Points
    Hull Home                   Draw            1 Point

TOTAL POINTS                            20

Will that get us into the playoffs ?
    On our current form those results will never happen, Nigel really would have to have a new manager bounce to achieve that.
    12 points gained from the last 6 games.

I do think 20 from the next 9 is a bit fanciful but 15+ is certainly doable and that gives us every chance.

None of the teams in this league are Barcelona - all it takes is a couple of wins to build up a head of steam. Likely? Probably not. Doable? Certainly.
    Against Wigan, Oxford, Northampton, Shrewsbury, Bristol Rovers and Wimbledon. 4 of the current bottom 5 plus Shrewsbury are down in 17th.

We will need a drastic improvement in our game given we're now playing all the top sides. But hopefully Adkins plus the return of Inniss can help to achieve that.
    Give it up.
    We can go down four places today IF the other teams win.
    I'll have a rethink if we were to win our next four games.
  • We've held a fake position for some time, what with the games in hand other team's have over us. 

If only 2 of our games were postponed, it would have probably improved our end of season chance than attempting everything to get them on, then lose.
  • Stating the obvious.
    All we can do is win as many games as possible and see where it takes us.
    If it takes us to the play-offs good, if it doesn't there's always next season.
  • Need mk Dons to beat Doncaster today
    Shrewsbury to beat Portsmouth
    Wigan to beat Ipswich 
  • Sponsored links:

Wigan to beat Ipswich 
    and none of those results are by any means unlikely ((:>)
    Wigan to beat Ipswich 
    and none of those results are by any means unlikely ((:>)
    In this division, nothing is unlikely!
    Wigan to beat Ipswich 

And Hull to beat Gillingham.
  • Whilst there are loads of 'ifs and buts' I think it unlikely that the footballing gods will see us win the next 9 games on the trot.

I've come round more to thinking that having a normal owner in TS take us over after the shit storm of the last few years plus a new manager in our Nige that we should probably quit whilst we're ahead and look forward to next season and a de-clutter of players.

We've had so many false dawns from LB that now we are treading in treacle and everyone I look at the league table we're going backwards! 

Sooner this sorry season is over the better and we can look forward to seeing what type of players Nigel will bring in plus we may just may get back into the stadium by September. 
  • Hull 1-0 Gillingham 
    Peterborough 2-0 Accrington 
  • Peterborough 3-0 Accrington 
  • Shrewsbury 0-1 Portsmouth 
  • Shrewsbury 0-2 Portsmouth 
  • Whilst there are loads of 'ifs and buts' I think it unlikely that the footballing gods will see us win the next 9 games on the trot.

I've come round more to thinking that having a normal owner in TS take us over after the shit storm of the last few years plus a new manager in our Nige that we should probably quit whilst we're ahead and look forward to next season and a de-clutter of players.

We've had so many false dawns from LB that now we are treading in treacle and everyone I look at the league table we're going backwards! 

Sooner this sorry season is over the better and we can look forward to seeing what type of players Nigel will bring in plus we may just may get back into the stadium by September. 
    Absolutely.

With our defence we are always likely to concede goals.
  • Sponsored links:

• MattF said:
    Blackpool 0-1 Plymouth 
    1-1 now
  • Shrewsbury 1-2 Portsmouth
  • edited March 2021
    2-1 to Blackpool 
  • 2-1 Blackpool 
    Did someone just call me.......😄
  • edited March 2021
    Portsmouth down to 10 men. Marquis sent off.
  • Are we 9th?.
  • Are we 9th?.
    Yes at the moment. 
  • edited March 2021
    Peterborough 5-0 up now. Clarke-Harris hattrick. 
  • MK Dons 1 - 0 Doncaster