Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League 1 scores

Comments

• JamesSeed said:
    stonemuse said:
    Richard J said:
    Blackpool need to play Sunderland twice in the run in. 
    That’s gonna be interesting 
    I backed Sunderland for the title a few weeks ago. It’s going to be tight I think. 
    I have them in my league winners acca from the start of the season along with Brentford, Cheltenham and Notts County (shoulda done Norwich lol)
  • AndyG said:
    When you look at our remaining fixtures there is still alot to play for when you consider we have the opportunity to take points from the teams above us. Hopefully Nige can work his positive black magic during the international break and we come back firing on all cylinders. Heres my forecast 

Doncaster away           Draw          1 Pt
    Lincoln Home              Win             3 Pts
    Sunderland Away         Loss           0 Pts
    Ipswich Home              Win             3 Pts
    Plymouth Away            Win             3 Points
    Peterborough Home    Win              3 Points
    Crewe Home                Win             3 Points
    Accrington Away          Win             3 Points
    Hull Home                   Draw            1 Point

TOTAL POINTS                            20

Will that get us into the playoffs ?
    On our current form those results will never happen, Nigel really would have to have a new manager bounce to achieve that.
    12 points gained from the last 6 games.

I do think 20 from the next 9 is a bit fanciful but 15+ is certainly doable and that gives us every chance.

None of the teams in this league are Barcelona - all it takes is a couple of wins to build up a head of steam. Likely? Probably not. Doable? Certainly.
    Certainly doable, and who know's we could achieve the 20 predicted, it is in our own hands as we have to play 6 of our main contenders out of the 9 games left, so yes, lets  see how it goes starting Apr 2nd
  • AndyG said:
    When you look at our remaining fixtures there is still alot to play for when you consider we have the opportunity to take points from the teams above us. Hopefully Nige can work his positive black magic during the international break and we come back firing on all cylinders. Heres my forecast 

On our current form those results will never happen, Nigel really would have to have a new manager bounce to achieve that.

I do think 20 from the next 9 is a bit fanciful but 15+ is certainly doable and that gives us every chance.

None of the teams in this league are Barcelona - all it takes is a couple of wins to build up a head of steam. Likely? Probably not. Doable? Certainly.
    Yes I agree mate it is unlikely but as you said 12 pts from our last 6 games is an average of 2 points per game, 2 points a game average from the next 9 is 18 points, that might be enough imo. Again yes I agree that unlikely but it isnt as bad as alot of people are saying on here, it is in our own hands imo COYA
  • edited March 2021
    With our suicidal capability to fail with pens, gift goals, and failure to shut down  winning positions in last ten minutes... we have NO chance....  

Unless in two weeks, Adkins can wipe the memory of Bowyer from their brains...... 

• edited March 2021
    With a new manager now in charge, all we need to do is win them all one nil,easy ay,play offs here we come 

• edited March 2021
    AndyG said:

How often are you right with your predictions? 😬
  • AndyG said:
    AndyG said:

Yes I agree mate it is unlikely but as you said 12 pts from our last 6 games is an average of 2 points per game, 2 points a game average from the next 9 is 18 points, that might be enough imo. Again yes I agree that unlikely but it isnt as bad as alot of people are saying on here, it is in our own hands imo COYA
    74 might be enough, but it partially depends on who we drop points against

It would be better to beat Ipswich, Doncaster and Lincoln and lose/draw against Plymouth and Crewe for example
  • Richard J said:
    Blackpool need to play Sunderland twice in the run in. 
    No problem. Some posters give the impression they think both teams will get maximum points. :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    AndyG said:

How often are you right with your predictions? 😬
    Very rarely mate but I'm a bigger optimist than TS & Nig put together 😁
  • My predictions are really dire! That is just trying to pick out a win, lose or draw. 40% at best. But this year it is harder than ever to suss what may happen - just look at how Burton have turned their form around. We'll probably get a kick in the teeth like last year and miss out on the play-offs by a point or goal difference. 
  • Oxford v Lincoln on Sky Sports tonight @ 7:45pm
    What do we want, draw?
    What do we want, draw?
    This is tactics to bet isn't it, so you will bet Lincoln in the event you are happy for all 3 scenarios :wink:
  • Has to be an Oxford win if we want to get in the play offs, although realistically for ultimate league placing probably best Oxford lose.
  • Oxford to win with both sides picking up injuries and suspensions to key players.
  • edited March 2021
    Averaging two points a game would get us to 74 points which I think has always been enough in previous seasons. In Bowyer's first season, we made the play offs with 71 points.

With our recent win draw win draw run, we have been averaging 2 points a game so it is more than a distant possibility even if we improve only slightly.

Also on the face of it, an Oxford win tonight will drop us to 8th. But they will be on the same points with a slightly better goal difference having played the same games. End the season with two points a game and we are likely to finish above them, and it brings Lincoln within 6 points (same number of games played) with us yet to play them.

• God game so far 1-1 after 30mins. Live on sky sports 
  • Sponsored links:

• 2-1
    Oxford doing a Golfie.

Not really watching the match as I'm more interested in the Matchplay golf over in the States, but what I have seen I can comfortably say that League 1 football is crap. How we are below both of these teams just shows how bad we really are.
  • edited March 2021
    Unsurprisingly we slip to 8th on GD, but same games played as most now. 
    Only the following with games in hand now...

1 in hand 
    PBoro, Crewe, Burton, Wigan, Rochdale
    2 in hand
    Sunderland, Pompey, Ipswich, Accrington, AFC Wimbledon
    3 in hand
    Donny, Blackpool, Shrews

Donny and Blackpool basically guaranteeing we won't catch them. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Unsurprisingly we slip to 8th on GD, but same games played as most now. 
    Only the following with games in hand now...

1 in hand 
    PBoro, Crewe, Burton, Wigan, Rochdale
    2 in hand
    Sunderland, Pompey, Ipswich, Accrington, AFC Wimbledon
    3 in hand
    Donny, Blackpool, Shrews

Donny and Blackpool basically guaranteeing we won't catch them. 

Donny will drop points. Practically playing 2 games every week until end of season and they're not exactly in great form either 
  • 2-1
    Oxford doing a Golfie.

Not really watching the match as I'm more interested in the Matchplay golf over in the States, but what I have seen I can comfortably say that League 1 football is crap. How we are below both of these teams just shows how bad we really are.
    I thought Oxford looked alright tbh, especially first half. I’d be very surprised if Lincoln ended the season in the top 6 though. 
  • Surely the best result for us.If we have any hopes of getting into the playoffs then this makes it better for our chances of catching Lincoln who we have still got to play.We obviously need Donny to slip up,as well which makes our game next week against them even more important.Clutching at straws- probably.But until that Large lady starts singing......
  • If we win a shed load of games before the end of the season, we stand a chance of making the playoffs

I'm not confident, but it's still in our hands
  • I'd feel so much better about it all if we'd held on for the win Vs Wimbledon; we'd be 5th now with less teams able to catch us by 5pm

...and then there's the last kick of the game pen that cost us 2 more points

We have been so close to being in a fairly decent position