Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League 1 scores

Comments

• philcafc said:
    We are now 9th and most of the teams above us still have games in hand over us. A lot of work to do just to make the play-offs and making the top two now looks like a real longshot.
    Forget the teams above us, Ipswich and Blackpool can still catch, and pass us if they win their games in hand.  
    True .... but I'm past worrying about the teams around us and if they win their games in hand. Often they don't, not all of them anyway.
    And frequently they have to play each other, like last night Donny v Accrington: they couldn't both win and sometimes neither does.

The table shows us 9th in the middle of February. Unless everything gets guillotined and PPG is actioned, the only position that counts is after 46 games.

• We should avoid relegation. We'll done Lee. 
  • A full fixture list in L1 today, no Covid or weather cancellations! 
  • A full fixture list in L1 today, no Covid or weather cancellations! 
    Got some big games at the top of the League though

Doncaster v Hull
    Ipswich v Oxford
  • Doncaster beat Pompey, Bogle playing the full 90
    Hull win, Lincoln lose, Sunderland win, Oxford and Posh draw, Ipswich winning at Accrington

• Lincoln, Doncaster, Accrington only 1 win in last 6 games. Oxford without a win in 4 games. 

• Lincoln, Doncaster, Accrington only 1 win in last 6 games. Oxford without a win in 4 games. 

Yes, Posh, Sunderland and Ipswich now all the form teams above us
  • We do look like we are positioned where we belong this season. As sad as that is, the league rarely lies.
  • Sponsored links:

• mendonca said:
    We do look like we are positioned where we belong this season. As sad as that is, the league rarely lies.
    Six massive games coming up where we can put ourselves in a position to challenge for a play-off position before our run in against all the top sides in the division, or we can bottle it and slide into mid-table mediocrity.
    Which will it be? 
  • Sunderland gonna get an automatic spot I reckon 

What better team to face this weekend than us then.

Exactly,  I’m confident we won’t lose there but if we do you can be sure as anything that they are on a par with Brazil1970
  • Auto 2 from these hull Sunderland Peterborough.
  • What is so frustrating is we could have afforded to be an average top team and still be in amongst this with everything else that has gone on. Every week, 3 or 4+ teams in the top 8 are dropping points. And the teams that look primed now - Peterborough, Hull and Sunderland in particular, have all had at least a run of 2 winless games within the last 5 weeks so their hot streaks aren't a constant even in recent times. Everyone was gettable and some still are - but us often needlessly dropping points left right and centre to mediocre teams since November has made the task almost impossible. Even turning two of our 7 defeats in 2021 would have put us right in it.
  • I think the sheer volume of games means that even the best teams will slip up more than usual - you're not going to get teams getting 100 points in L1 this season

L2 is even more open, Cheltenham are currently top with 56 points from 31 games, that's 1.8 ppg
  • Gillingham 1-0 Ipswich @ HT
  • Gillingham 2-1 now 
  • Sponsored links:

• Pompey 4 down!

• Wigan beating Brazil

• Bogle scored for Doncaster...
  • interesting how McGeady is still so influential while playing out on the left for Sunderland .. who are rapidly climbing the table

• Think including the games in hand we're probably 6 points off the play-offs currently. 
  • I don't think we have much of a chance in catching Lincoln, Sunderland or Doncaster. 

Just have to hope Portsmouth tank the rest of their season along with Ipswich and Accrington Stanley to have a chance. 
  • I don't think we have much of a chance in catching Lincoln, Sunderland or Doncaster. 

Just have to hope Portsmouth tank the rest of their season along with Ipswich and Accrington Stanley to have a chance. 
    If you think we have a chance then you have to factor in Blackpool too.