Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League 1 scores

Comments

• Geez we are going up and down faster than a pair of whores knickers.
  • Blackpool and Doncaster still have 3 games in hand on us. 

Don't really understand why us and play-offs are still in the same sentence. 
    Well for starters they can't both win all three games
  • 3-1, lovely finish

I don't expect play offs and have not for ages but Donny and Lincoln are the ones we would need to catch to have a chance.  Play both next and they are not in great form.  We would have to win both and still go on an amazing run after that.  We have seen many times over this season that we don't have that in us. 
  • Who on earth is the Blackpool manager... I've just looked at their squad and it is really, really crap
  • edited March 2021
    CAFCsayer said:
    Who on earth is the Blackpool manager... I've just looked at their squad and it is really, really crap
    ex-Liverpool U23 Manager, stood in for Jurgen Klopp for the League Cup tie last season at Aston Villa when they had the fixture clash with the Club World Cup
  • Northampton 1-0 Oxford
  • Anyone else thinking our loss to Blackpool doesn't look quite as bad right now.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2021
    kodfish said:
    Stupid goals conceded of our own making has cost us at least 10 points.
    True, but all teams drop points by making mistakes. Just not 10 points I guess. 
  • Plus the missed pen - 2 more points 

Well for starters they can't both win all three games
    They don't need to, they're already both above us.
    Pompey are a point behind, better GD and 2 games in hand.
    Ipswich 2 points behind, 2 games in hand. 
    Accrington and Oxford can also go above us with a win.

Our realistic current position is probably 9/10th.

• © Dazzler21
  • edited March 2021
    74 points will do it - 71 possibly. If we carry on the pattern of win draw win draw that we have been doing we would get 75 ( I think, calculated in my head as I was walking the dog). We are going to need a run and our next game is massive.
  • It is the bottom sides we struggle against. I wouldnt put it past us winning more than we lose against the top teams. Time will tell but I'm not ruling out us getting the points required just yet
  • good point for Lincoln at Sunderland .. but since their main man Jorge Grant has been injured, their form has nosedived. He may well be out for the rest of the season 
  • edited March 2021
    good point for Lincoln at Sunderland .. but since their main man Jorge Grant has been injured, their form has nosedived. He may well be out for the rest of the season 
    Lincoln are definitely the team you'd want to meet in the playoffs, if they make it. Unlikely to be of much relevance to us though...
  • Sponsored links:

• Blackpool need to play Sunderland twice in the run in. 
  • Richard J said:
    Blackpool need to play Sunderland twice in the run in. 
    That’s gonna be interesting 
  • Doncaster and Blackpool are also playing each other midweek before the final game of the season 
  • stonemuse said:
    Richard J said:
    That’s gonna be interesting 
    I backed Sunderland for the title a few weeks ago. It’s going to be tight I think. 
  • Richard J said:
    Sunderland probably out of reach for us so hope they will both games.

We've still got to win our games though which is quite a hurdle on our form.
  • AndyG said:
    It is the bottom sides we struggle against. I wouldnt put it past us winning more than we lose against the top teams. Time will tell but I'm not ruling out us getting the points required just yet
    Our record against the top teams isn't great either.
  • Never had a cliche been so true......let’s take it one game at a time. 
  • When you look at our remaining fixtures there is still alot to play for when you consider we have the opportunity to take points from the teams above us. Hopefully Nige can work his positive black magic during the international break and we come back firing on all cylinders. Heres my forecast 

Doncaster away           Draw          1 Pt
    Lincoln Home              Win             3 Pts
    Sunderland Away         Loss           0 Pts
    Ipswich Home              Win             3 Pts
    Plymouth Away            Win             3 Points
    Peterborough Home    Win              3 Points
    Crewe Home                Win             3 Points
    Accrington Away          Win             3 Points
    Hull Home                   Draw            1 Point

TOTAL POINTS                            20

Will that get us into the playoffs ?
  • AndyG said:
    When you look at our remaining fixtures there is still alot to play for when you consider we have the opportunity to take points from the teams above us. Hopefully Nige can work his positive black magic during the international break and we come back firing on all cylinders. Heres my forecast 

Doncaster away           Draw          1 Pt
    Lincoln Home              Win             3 Pts
    Sunderland Away         Loss           0 Pts
    Ipswich Home              Win             3 Pts
    Plymouth Away            Win             3 Points
    Peterborough Home    Win              3 Points
    Crewe Home                Win             3 Points
    Accrington Away          Win             3 Points
    Hull Home                   Draw            1 Point

TOTAL POINTS                            20

Will that get us into the playoffs ?
    On our current form those results will never happen, Nigel really would have to have a new manager bounce to achieve that.