Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League 1 scores

Comments

• how come we're getting all the L2 news in a L1 thread ??? 
    Fight me
    ANYtime ANYplace .. so long as we maintain social distancing 
  • edited February 2021
    I'm only posting this for Lincsaddick's benefit, but Newport have equalised. Sorry buddy.
  • I'm only posting this for Lincsaddick's benefit, but Newport have equalised. Sorry buddy.
    s'ok mate .. the thread discipline on here is like tonight's Exeter line up .. seriously lacking
  • I'm only posting this for Lincsaddick's benefit, but Newport have equalised. Sorry buddy.
    s'ok mate .. the thread discipline on here is like tonight's Exeter line up .. seriously lacking

Thought people might be interested in one of our out on loan players. 
  • Blackpool vs Rochdale finished in an uncharacteristic 1-0 scoreline, I was expecting a 4-3 or 6-4!
    how come we're getting all the L2 news in a L1 thread ??? 
    only jesting .. BUT, I stretched a point and included loanees in here .. Ex players scoring - Page 11 — Charlton Life
  • Bristol Rovers beat Pompey 3-1
    Another team doing a Golfie tonight
  • Sponsored links:

• Bristol Rovers beat Pompey 3-1
    Another team doing a Golfie tonight
    I know. Not unusual as I said........but it seems to be for us.
  • Once again the results didnt go that bad for us. If only we could do what we should be doing we would piss this league
  • AndyG said:
    Once again the results didnt go that bad for us. If only we could do what we should be doing we would piss this league
    This league is crying out for a few teams for be consistent, but so far nobody has run away. Just waiting for some to hit top gear and run away in front. We are already so far behind the top 10 points and a game in hand), it's such a shame and an opportunity missed. Top six is still possible but so much more is needed from our performances and results. Draws aren't good enough from now until the end of the season and any points dropped should be seen as failure.
    It isn't in our hands yet, but could be if Lee gets more from his players AND they get more from him!
  • For sure it isnt too late for us to make up the gap. All we need is that run we have all been waiting for to begin. If places were open I would recommend the whole team go out together and blow off some steam, get a bit of team spirit going and then smash the rest of the season. Ain't going to happen is it lol
  • edited February 2021
  • Wow

That's astonishing, never seen a referee lose it like that. There'll be serious repercussions  surely
  • From Wiki about the Ref in question, Darren Drysdale:

He was appointed to the (Football League) National List of referees in 2004.[1] Also in 2004, on 6 March, he was named Combined Services Sports Official of the Year, due to his work for sport within the RAF. He had been posted to the Middle East at this time, so his parents travelled to London to receive the award from the Princess Royal on his behalf.[citation needed]

His first Football League game was a 0–0 draw between Rushden & Diamonds and Kidderminster Harriers on 7 August 2004.[3] His first game at Championship level was the 2–0 home win for Leicester City against Gillingham on 22 January 2005.[4]

He attracted some media attention in 2007 after Bradford City's Dean Windass received a five match ban for swearing at him in the car park after a home game against Brentford on 2 January.

• Dizzle said:
    That’s a ban for him 
  • Fair play to the ref, although its silly and will probably land him in trouble, a player calling you a c*** etc to your face is a bit out of order. Why not give some back
    Because he’s not allowed to ... players get sent off for what he did 
  • Sponsored links:

• The referee will be up in front of a judge in the morning
  • stonemuse said:
    Fair play to the ref, although its silly and will probably land him in trouble, a player calling you a c*** etc to your face is a bit out of order. Why not give some back
    No they don’t, two blokes squaring up to each other pretending to be hard
  • edited February 2021
    stonemuse said:
    Fair play to the ref, although its silly and will probably land him in trouble, a player calling you a c*** etc to your face is a bit out of order. Why not give some back
    No they don’t, two blokes squaring up to each other pretending to be hard
    Yeah they have to act on it to get a red. 🏮
  • edited February 2021
    Good on the referee. Why should the referee stand there and take loads of abuse that they do every week and let the players get in their faces. It happens every weekend on tv in the Premier league.

But when a referee does it sky sports are making a big thing of it. No doubt the referee will get a ban but it's OK for the players to do it every week. 
    Can you imagine it happening in rugby? 

Why is it they command so much more respect?
  • If what Judge said was so bad, why didn't he give him a red? It's like he knew he fucked up and gave a yellow to save face
  • siblers said:
    If what Judge said was so bad, why didn't he give him a red? It's like he knew he fucked up and gave a yellow to save face
    Think he was booked for simulation? Card was already out 
  • I know we aren't happy about our league position but Ipswich are in a far worse state than us. They're massively in debt, got a manager on a long term contract on probably decent money out of ideas. Their fan base keeps me amused on twitter.

Seen a lot of their fans asking for Eddie Howe and Paul Cook as well
  • siblers said:
    If what Judge said was so bad, why didn't he give him a red? It's like he knew he fucked up and gave a yellow to save face
    He blew for a dive, Judge wasn't happy so walked over presumably calling him a few nice names, ref didn't like it so squared up to him (unprofessional but can't blame him), then booked him which he was already going to do.