Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League 1 scores

Comments

• Lincoln and us up next for Hull
  • From a Pompey perspective, it'll be an excellent win for them ...... 6 pointer won, clean sheet and go top of the table.

Points in the bag, better than games in hand.

• Oggy Red said:
    From a Pompey perspective, it'll be an excellent win for them ...... 6 pointer won, clean sheet and go top of the table.

Not always Oggy.
    Although on this occasion I'd swap places with Pompey 
  • clb74 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    From a Pompey perspective, it'll be an excellent win for them ...... 6 pointer won, clean sheet and go top of the table.

Not always Oggy.
    3 bedroom house in Pompy must be cheap
  • It is a long season. We ought to have a window as good as anybody in our league. Because we don't know when the season will end, come the new year, we need to solidify our top sixth place from there. I'm sure Pompey are a team to finish above, as are Doncaster and Posh. Probably Hull too.
  • clb74 said:
    Oggy Red said:

Not always Oggy.
    Sometimes, but only sometimes, CLB.

Right now, looking at the table, we have 3 games in hand over Pompey.
    That gives us opportunity to gain 9 points ..... and if we win them all, bingo! ..... we are on 39 points, 4 ahead of Pompey.

But we are Charlton, super Charlton - and you know what happens next. :neutral:

PS: Help, I'm turning into Golfie!  :astonished:

• They can play their youth team in the Papa Johns Trophy.
    Not a bad thing, as it will allow some of their youngsters to get a pizza the action.
  • It is a long season. We ought to have a window as good as anybody in our league. Because we don't know when the season will end, come the new year, we need to solidify our top sixth place from there. I'm sure Pompey are a team to finish above, as are Doncaster and Posh. Probably Hull too.
    So who would make up the 6th team in that top 6? That’s basically what you’ve named if you include us :joy:
  • I’m not sure what all the fuss is about concerning fixture pile-ups. We used to play double headers in my day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Win tomorrow and I’d expect us to be 3rd with a game in hand on Hull and a point behind, playing them soon, and 2 games in hand on Portsmouth which will be 3 games by the new year.

Yes, the fixture pile up could cause us a problem later in the season, but a win tomorrow and we are in a very strong position with then only Boxing Day at home before January window opens.

The full week between matches now could really help us. We then strengthen as best as we can, all ready to have a right go of it in the second half of the season.

Madness how we will have only played 18 games by the time we play Hull away. 28 games in 127 days, averaging one every 4 and half days! 
    The teams we will play latter in the season will potentially have a greater fixture pile up that us. We can worry about them later. If we can moan about Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday, an uncongested Christmas could help us. We play today, then boxing day and then on 2nd. There is a week between all of these. Let's take advantage of this. 
  • edited December 2020
    PaddyP17 said:
    Pleased to see Nathan Baxter keep a clean sheet in his first league start for Stanley. I played cricket with him and he's one of the best natural sportsmen I've ever seen, and a thoroughly nice kid too (well, not really a kid any more!). Hope they have a good season.
    Nathan was in the Kent cricket age group system. Why he would choose a potential multi million pound career in football over cricket is a complete mystery to me!
    Image may contain 10 people outdoor text that says 0752 Fri Dec 00 JKEE Kent Cricket Three new scholars in Kent Cricket Academy 201415 Kent Cricket Images may e subjectto copyright Learn more Visit
  • Nathan is second from the left in the top row between Ollie Robinson and Zac Crawley
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Pleased to see Nathan Baxter keep a clean sheet in his first league start for Stanley. I played cricket with him and he's one of the best natural sportsmen I've ever seen, and a thoroughly nice kid too (well, not really a kid any more!). Hope they have a good season.
    Nathan was in the Kent cricket age group system. Why he would choose a potential multi million pound career in football over cricket is a complete mystery to me!
    Image may contain 10 people outdoor text that says 0752 Fri Dec 00 JKEE Kent Cricket Three new scholars in Kent Cricket Academy 201415 Kent Cricket Images may e subjectto copyright Learn more Visit
    3 of those making it to the 1st team (Robinson, Crawley and O'Riordan) seems a decent return.

And while cricket money is nothing like football money, Zak will be on decent money if he can top up his central contract with some T20 gigs as well
  • PaddyP17 said:
    3 of those making it to the 1st team (Robinson, Crawley and O'Riordan) seems a decent return.

And while cricket money is nothing like football money, Zak will be on decent money if he can top up his central contract with some T20 gigs as well
    Zak probably gets about 5k per week pocket money from his dad.
    Money is one thing he doesn't have to worry about. 
  • Of course I knew Doncaster would be a dangerous side this season and one to look out for, but hadn’t realised if they win tonight they move top of the league. Seem to have quietly moved up the league quickly. 
  • Of course I knew Doncaster would be a dangerous side this season and one to look out for, but hadn’t realised if they win tonight they move top of the league. Seem to have quietly moved up the league quickly. 
    4 wins in a row at a time when several teams (e.g. us and Hull) have been dropping points. Also lucky to not have any cancelled games at the moment...
  • edited December 2020
    Of course I knew Doncaster would be a dangerous side this season and one to look out for, but hadn’t realised if they win tonight they move top of the league. Seem to have quietly moved up the league quickly. 
    Yeah they've been very inconsistent at times, thought they'd dropped away more than what they had done when they popped back up ahead of us again - Cheers, didnt realise there were League One games tonight

Hopefully Shrewsbury will continue to show their good form under Cotterill

Might watch that on IPTV if I can instead of Arsenal v Man City
    4 wins in a row at a time when several teams (e.g. us and Hull) have been dropping points. Also lucky to not have any cancelled games at the moment...
    Impressive and luck then. Hopefully we can put together a similar run in January without cancellations. 
    Yeah they've been very inconsistent at times, thought they'd dropped away more than what they had done when they popped back up ahead of us again - Cheers, didnt realise there were League One games tonight

Just the one game I think. Unsure why only one and others can’t also be playing. Plenty of teams with games in hand. 

Yup, fingers crossed Shrewsbury get at least a point. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2020
    Of course I knew Doncaster would be a dangerous side this season and one to look out for, but hadn’t realised if they win tonight they move top of the league. Seem to have quietly moved up the league quickly. 

Just the one game I think. Unsure why only one and others can’t also be playing. Plenty of teams with games in hand. 

Yup, fingers crossed Shrewsbury get at least a point. 
    Sunderland v Blackpool was also due to be played but cancelled due to the former self isolating

It does seem a strange time to be playing, what with Doncaster playing a full festive set of games, against Accrington | Fleetwood | Peterborough no less so none of them are going to be easy games for them.

Suppose in a way it doesnt make much difference, its still a case of Sat | Tues | Sat as it was over November

Its not like playing Boxing Day / 29th / New Year is adding an extra game like it can do
  • I think this game was rearranged from a FA Cup Saturday due to both team being in the FA cup, they are still in the cup so will have to postpone their league games due to be played on 9th January. 
  • Dansk_Red said:
    I think this game was rearranged from a FA Cup Saturday due to both team being in the FA cup, they are still in the cup so will have to postpone their league games due to be played on 9th January. 
    Yeah looks like it was originally scheduled for 10th October (would have been the International break)
  • We would be playing Ipswich tonight if we'd beaten Argyle in the cup. 
  • We would be playing Ipswich tonight if we'd beaten Argyle in the cup. 
    Doubt it now what with their COVID issues - Well remembered though
  • Doncaster playing well so far... Just scored but offside 
  • Just coming up to HT - Still 0-0, been quite decent game so far, Donny have edged it but Shrewsbury have be quite dangerous themselves...

Dont think a draw at their place is that bad a result when you ignore the lateness of their goal given how they've been playing 
  • edited December 2020
    1-0 Shrewsbury

Started the second half really well... Deserve that 
  • We do seem to have galvanised them
  • edited December 2020
    We do seem to have galvanised them
    Shouldnt need to worry about relegation, playing some nice Football when they get the ball