Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League 1 scores

Comments

• 2 defeats in a row (and a draw before that) for Hull when they were looking like they'd run away with the league. 2 defeats in a row for Lincoln. Ipswich showing that they can only beat teams below them. Sunderland drawing 1-1...

A confusing division, not helped by the different number of games played. 
    True. Reckon Donny will be there or thereabouts
  • Some big games for us coming up after xmas. Peterborough Hull & Accrington in that order.

Then April onwards is a mad run of 6 pointers. 7 out of the last 8 games are against teams currently in the top 8. 
    Not too unhappy at this, we tend to get better results against the better sides. A lot of 6 pointers will focus the squad during the run in. 
  • edited December 2020
    I can't believe that we're still so near the top.

It seems as though Shrewsbury's late equaliser against us gave them the confidence needed to get two successive 1-0 away wins against the top two.

It certainly softens the blow of the 2 lost points.

Our point at their place doesn’t look so bad now does it? Bringing in Steve Cotterrill a few weeks ago was a very smart move by them, he knows how to get results in this league.
  • Thing is not one of the teams before the start of the game above us won last night .
    I expected Pompey or pboro to win putting them 4 points above us with us 2 games in hand.
    In which case I'd rather be in thier position.
    Funny old league, the team at the top have already lost 5 games this season.
  • Not a complaint, more a question, but why did Sunderland have to play with 8 Covid infections, and Bristol Rovers not with 2? Personally, I don't think we would want to play and potentially get key players infected.
    Was it that Sunderland were at home? Had Rovers travelled and therefore unable to get more players, gone are the days when you get a couple of mates out of bed and tell them you are playing as “Fred Smith”.
  • Not a complaint, more a question, but why did Sunderland have to play with 8 Covid infections, and Bristol Rovers not with 2? Personally, I don't think we would want to play and potentially get key players infected.
    Was it that Sunderland were at home? Had Rovers travelled and therefore unable to get more players, gone are the days when you get a couple of mates out of bed and tell them you are playing as “Fred Smith”.
    It does sound like a legitimate complaint tbh.

Still, Sunderland love a 1-1 draw.
    My understanding is that Sunderland could have cancelled the game but club officials were concerned over the penalty following the EFL investigation.
    My understanding is that Sunderland could have cancelled the game but club officials were concerned over the penalty following the EFL investigation.
    I don't see why they'd be concerned though. Many teams have had games called off because of covid and to my knowledge i don't think any have been penalised for it.
  • Ipswich are in the play offs having lost a third of their games so far.
    It is very possible that a team can go up automatically having lost around 15 games.  It may make for an open and exciting season but it speaks volumes for the diminishing standard.
  • Sponsored links:

I don't see why they'd be concerned though. Many teams have had games called off because of covid and to my knowledge i don't think any have been penalised for it.
    It depends if they may feel that they or more likely their players broke covid guidelines. Their manager was quite pissed off after the game but said he wasn't sure who was to blame yet.
    Notable that the players who were affected are the ones who like a drink.
  • I can't see Ipswich being top six unless they have a great January window.
  • It's ultimately a very tight league and any one of 8-9 sides could go up.

If we can get another defender in to keep us going until either Inniss or Famewo are back fit, and we sign a decent striker (Schwartz is obviously heavily linked) then we have as good a chance as any. 
  • I keep looking at two points per game. We have to try to achieve that and had we won last night and again at Swindon, we would have been back on track. looking at this league, it will get you up automatically and whilst it can easily slip away as a target, we still have it in our sights.
    It is very possible that a team can go up automatically having lost around 15 games.  It may make for an open and exciting season but it speaks volumes for the diminishing standard.
    Or the increasing standard....
  • Redrobo said:
    I’ve had studied the fixture list and to be honest I can’t see us losing a game.
    Your laptop broken and broadband down then ?
  • MrOneLung said:
    Ipswich are in the play offs having lost a third of their games so far.
    Or the increasing standard....
    Or just that we live in very strange times, meaning many strange and unpredictable results, and cannot see anyone in any league running away with it this season.
  • Burton away and MK Dons at home didn't look like games we could lose.
  • Sponsored links:

• A chance to gain a bit of ground this weekend if we beat Swindon as top two play each other and Peterborough have Ipswich. 
    Hull beat Pompey, Peteborough v Ipswich is a draw & along with Lincoln not winning all means a 2-0 win takes us 2nd.
    Who are you?!!! what have you done with golfie? thats far too optimistic. You ok mate? 
  • edited December 2020
    Not a complaint, more a question, but why did Sunderland have to play with 8 Covid infections, and Bristol Rovers not with 2? Personally, I don't think we would want to play and potentially get key players infected.
    It does sound like a legitimate complaint tbh.

Still, Sunderland love a 1-1 draw.

Good player was Fred, came close to getting an England call up on more than one occasion if I’m not mistaken.
    diminishing standards OR a levelling up of standards .. the quality of the lower leagues although ruff compared to the Prem (of course) is far higher than that of (say) even 5 years ago
  • Bloody hell he hit that.
  • Sign him up.
  • Great strike, some hit.

But the moment he got the ball, he was only ever going to do one thing and the 3 Wigan players just backed off and let him.

Great finish nonetheless.