Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League 1 scores

Comments

• We know that if they can't fulfil fixtures it will go to PPG. But we are some way from that at the moment. If we do well in the games we do play, the PPG won't do us any harm. It is an issue if you have not done so well and ned the games to catch up.
    In the past 4 days 3 teams have gone down with coronavirus.
    A stop in the season is closer than you think.
  • clb74 said:
    We know that if they can't fulfil fixtures it will go to PPG. But we are some way from that at the moment. If we do well in the games we do play, the PPG won't do us any harm. It is an issue if you have not done so well and ned the games to catch up.
    In the past 4 days 3 teams have gone down with coronavirus.
    A stop in the season is closer than you think.
    I doubt a couple of dozen postponements will cause the EFL to stop the season.

No worse than a few weeks of bad weather waterlogging pitches - particularly in League 1 and 2.
  • clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    I think this makes it a lot harder for them. It looks like they won't just not be playing games but are having to shut the club down for that period.
    Plus they are still in the Papa Johns Trophy.
    They will have an awful lot of games to play in the "second half" of the season.
    I think league 1 will come to a halt 
    There are plenty of spare midweeks in the second half of the season so more than enough time to fit games in. We're not at the point of stopping the league yet, think it'd need a few more teams to get outbreaks before they stop it.
    Two games at the moment are off boxing day at the moment.
    Only takes a couple more in the next few days and then the efl have a decision to make
    They'll defer it until the 21/22 season

• IdleHans said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    I think this makes it a lot harder for them. It looks like they won't just not be playing games but are having to shut the club down for that period.
    Plus they are still in the Papa Johns Trophy.
    They will have an awful lot of games to play in the "second half" of the season.
    I think league 1 will come to a halt 
    There are plenty of spare midweeks in the second half of the season so more than enough time to fit games in. We're not at the point of stopping the league yet, think it'd need a few more teams to get outbreaks before they stop it.
    Two games at the moment are off boxing day at the moment.
    Only takes a couple more in the next few days and then the efl have a decision to make
    They'll defer it until the 21/22 season

And award Sheffield Wednesday 6 points.
  • No will would they abandon the season and use PPG anytime soon. To have any sort of credibility you'd need to have played at least 3/4 of the season, say 34/35 matches.
  • Come March, April, May time they'll just play games Saturday Tuesday as they're did in the summer to get through the backlog. Plenty of time today get the season finished 
  • Anyone who said Magennis is twice the player Bogle is need their heads checking! He is absolutely awful! 
  • cafc_se7 said:
    Anyone who said Magennis is twice the player Bogle is need their heads checking! He is absolutely awful! 
    Oi his one of my favourite players 
  • Used to see him picking up £60 worth of chinese at the Water Lilly in Strood BEFORE the match!
  • edited December 2020
    The League may move into panic stations but I don't think we are anywhere near it yet. If we win tomorrow, there is a decent chance we will be in the top six by our next game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hull 0 Pompey 1 30 mins played.
  • Hull 0 Pompey 1 30 mins played.
    Hull on a bad run
  • Draw wanted
  • clb74 said:
    Draw wanted
    Doesnt really matter if Pompey win as they go top

We're five points behind them with three games in hand
  • They can play their youth team in the Papa Johns Trophy.
    Sunderland can't play their youth team, unless they want a fine.

7.3  Each EFL Club shall play its Full Available Strength in and during all Matches. Full Available Strength means the EFL Club must include at least four Qualifying Players in the ten outfield Players named in the starting eleven on the Team Sheet.

7.4  Qualifying Player means any Player who:

7.4.1  had started the immediately preceding First Team Fixture (as defined below);

7.4.2  subsequently starts the immediately following First Team Fixture;

7.4.3  is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;

7.4.4  has made forty or more starting appearances in First Team Fixtures or international equivalents (and not limited to the same Club or Season); or

7.4.5  is on standard loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Club operating a Category One Academy.

7.5  First Team Fixture means the League Competition, Premier League, EFL Cup or FA Challenge Cup (but shall, in the context of Rules 7.4.3 and 7.4.4 only, also include this Competition).

7.6  Any EFL Club failing to meet the requirement to play Full Available Strength will be required to pay a fine of up to £5,000.

https://www.efl.com/papa-johns-trophy/the-competition/rules

• clb74 said:
    Draw wanted

Agree, and 3/1 at the moment, quite attractive
  • clb74 said:
    Draw wanted
    Doesnt really matter if Pompey win as they go top

We're five points behind them with three games in hand
    Draw wanted they both drop 2 points.
  • edited December 2020
    It is funny how Hull have gone from unbeatable to incredibly beatable. Is it due to injuries? I mean, we can have issues with tactics, but can also point to having no centre halves for our recent blip.
  • I haven't seen the Pompey goal ...... but this is what the BBC commentary have to say about it:

"The one goal, headed into his own net by Jacob Greaves, had a hint of controversy about it.
    Did Sean Raggett catch him with a high boot? Looked like it."

Sounds like Pompey got lucky there?

• 2-0 Pompey

Two own goals. :s
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    I haven't seen the Pompey goal ...... but this is what the BBC commentary have to say about it:

"The one goal, headed into his own net by Jacob Greaves, had a hint of controversy about it.

And their 2nd scored by......

Josh Magennis ! 
  • Not even halfway through the season and hull have lost 6 games and could go on to win the league 
  • 2-0 Pompey

As I was saying, sounds like Pompey got lucky there? :smile:
  • Oggy Red said:
    I haven't seen the Pompey goal ...... but this is what the BBC commentary have to say about it:

Josh Magennis ! 
    It's @clb74 's fault. Magennis is still one of his favourite players!  :smile:

• 2-0 Pompey and neither side has had a shot on target.
    Hull have had three off target
    Pompey no shots at all.
  • Quality own goal by the sound of it:

"Josh Magennis spoons his clearance up and under the bar and then can only head it into the roof of the net with John Marquis lurking."

• They can play their youth team in the Papa Johns Trophy.
    Sunderland can't play their youth team, unless they want a fine.

7.3  Each EFL Club shall play its Full Available Strength in and during all Matches. Full Available Strength means the EFL Club must include at least four Qualifying Players in the ten outfield Players named in the starting eleven on the Team Sheet.

7.4  Qualifying Player means any Player who:

7.4.1  had started the immediately preceding First Team Fixture (as defined below);

7.4.2  subsequently starts the immediately following First Team Fixture;

7.4.3  is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;

7.4.4  has made forty or more starting appearances in First Team Fixtures or international equivalents (and not limited to the same Club or Season); or

7.4.5  is on standard loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Club operating a Category One Academy.

7.5  First Team Fixture means the League Competition, Premier League, EFL Cup or FA Challenge Cup (but shall, in the context of Rules 7.4.3 and 7.4.4 only, also include this Competition).

7.6  Any EFL Club failing to meet the requirement to play Full Available Strength will be required to pay a fine of up to £5,000.

https://www.efl.com/papa-johns-trophy/the-competition/rules

Maybe they will take the fine.
  • Oggy Red said:
    2-0 Pompey

As I was saying, sounds like Pompey got lucky there? :smile:
    The first goal the Hull defender ducked to head the ball & Pompey guy kicked it in the net.
    (There may have been the slightest of deflections).

2nd goal Magennis tried to clear & toed it towards the goal line & in attempting to head it away he headed it in.

Hull are poor, Pompey are decent. Fair score so far. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:

Josh Magennis ! 
    It's @clb74 's fault. Magennis is still one of his favourite players!  :smile:

At least his scored a goal tonight.
    Ricardo Fuller is another of my favourite players 
  • It is funny how Hull have gone from unbeatable to incredibly beatable. Is it due to injuries? I mean, we can have issues with tactics, but can also point to having no centre halves for our recent blip.
    But they were not unbeatable, they had four defeats and a draw, not against top notch teams, before their recent poor run