Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League 1 scores

Comments

• Ipswich are in the play offs having lost a third of their games so far.
    It is very possible that a team can go up automatically having lost around 15 games.  It may make for an open and exciting season but it speaks volumes for the diminishing standard.
    diminishing standards OR a levelling up of standards .. the quality of the lower leagues although ruff compared to the Prem (of course) is far higher than that of (say) even 5 years ago
    The gulf between the money league and the other 72 clubs widens every season, a bit like my waistline.
  • I keep looking at two points per game. We have to try to achieve that and had we won last night and again at Swindon, we would have been back on track. looking at this league, it will get you up automatically and whilst it can easily slip away as a target, we still have it in our sights.
    Trouble is that, win lose or draw, no team can actually get two points per game!
  • Pleased to see Nathan Baxter keep a clean sheet in his first league start for Stanley. I played cricket with him and he's one of the best natural sportsmen I've ever seen, and a thoroughly nice kid too (well, not really a kid any more!). Hope they have a good season.
  • Sage said:
    Great strike, some hit.

But the moment he got the ball, he was only ever going to do one thing and the 3 Wigan players just backed off and let him.

Great finish nonetheless.
    I didn't think it was a particularly good finish. Baah humbug.
  • I keep looking at two points per game. We have to try to achieve that and had we won last night and again at Swindon, we would have been back on track. looking at this league, it will get you up automatically and whilst it can easily slip away as a target, we still have it in our sights.
    Trouble is that, win lose or draw, no team can actually get two points per game!
    So if we win our next two games, what will our points per game be?
  • bobmunro said:
    I keep looking at two points per game. We have to try to achieve that and had we won last night and again at Swindon, we would have been back on track. looking at this league, it will get you up automatically and whilst it can easily slip away as a target, we still have it in our sights.

An 'average' of 2 points per game.
    I'm glad you said that. I was looking at an average of 2.1739130435 points per game as that would definitely make us Champions!
  • bobmunro said:
    I keep looking at two points per game. We have to try to achieve that and had we won last night and again at Swindon, we would have been back on track. looking at this league, it will get you up automatically and whilst it can easily slip away as a target, we still have it in our sights.

I'm glad you said that. I was looking at an average of 2.1739130435 points per game as that would definitely make us Champions!

The way the league is shaping up I reckon an average of 1.95652174 points per game will get an outright.
  • bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

The way the league is shaping up I reckon an average of 1.95652174 points per game will get an outright.
    Do hat-tricks count under your system, vis-a-vis goal difference in the final count?
    Asking for a friend. 
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Bob any info on why the bookies dont fancy us this season
  • clb74 said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Yeah, Bob's been telling them how useless we are, before laying on £1,000 at 25-to-1.  

• Sunderland have postponed their next 3 games
  • Personally on what I have seen I think Doncaster, Fleetwood and Pompey are our biggest threats. Not seen enough of Accrington. 
  • clb74 said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

We are priced to just about make the play-offs. If you take away our obvious bias that seems about right.
  • Dansk_Red said:
    Sunderland have postponed their next 3 games
    Soon after Newcastle had a similar outbreak, forcing them to postpone games. 

A lot of games as they had a midweek game next week as well. Shrewsbury, Blackpool and Hull were the games, all of them tough so not ones you'd want to play with a weakened squad  ;)  
  • bobmunro said:
    clb74 said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

We are priced to just about make the play-offs. If you take away our obvious bias that seems about right.
    I’d say top 6 100%, then when Schwartz comes in, we’ll be cooking! 
  • It's the spice of life.

Is Rocket Ronnie really going to sign this time, do you think?

• Oggy Red said:
    It's the spice of life.

Is Rocket Ronnie really going to sign this time, do you think?

Absolutely.
  • Sponsored links:

• dickad1 said:
    Sage said:
    bobmunro said:
    clb74 said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

I’d say top 6 100%, then when Schwartz comes in, we’ll be cooking! 
    Dried Sage  Schwartz
    :joy: very good 
  • Sunderland postponed next 3 fixtures.

• edited December 2020
    I think this makes it a lot harder for them. It looks like they won't just not be playing games but are having to shut the club down for that period.
  • Would potentially have been a good thing for them because they have a new manager and it'd give him extra time to get to know the players more and work on things in training.

But........the outbreak is so bad they've closed their training ground for 10 days, so not only will players have to do their own fitness stuff, but they're now going to be a bit behind match fitness of other teams when they return and then of course they'll have a fixture pile up in the new year. Their first game back is Accrington away so not easy.
  • I think this makes it a lot harder for them. It looks like they won't just not be playing games but are having to shut the club down for that period.
    Plus they are still in the Papa Johns Trophy.
    They will have an awful lot of games to play in the "second half" of the season.
  • I think this makes it a lot harder for them. It looks like they won't just not be playing games but are having to shut the club down for that period.
    They will have an awful lot of games to play in the "second half" of the season.
    I think league 1 will come to a halt 
  • They can play their youth team in the Papa Johns Trophy.
  • clb74 said:
    I think this makes it a lot harder for them. It looks like they won't just not be playing games but are having to shut the club down for that period.
    There are plenty of spare midweeks in the second half of the season so more than enough time to fit games in. We're not at the point of stopping the league yet, think it'd need a few more teams to get outbreaks before they stop it.
  • clb74 said:
    There are plenty of spare midweeks in the second half of the season so more than enough time to fit games in. We're not at the point of stopping the league yet, think it'd need a few more teams to get outbreaks before they stop it.
    Two games at the moment are off boxing day at the moment.
    Only takes a couple more in the next few days and then the efl have a decision to make
  • We know that if they can't fulfil fixtures it will go to PPG. But we are some way from that at the moment. If we do well in the games we do play, the PPG won't do us any harm. It is an issue if you have not done so well and ned the games to catch up.