Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League 1 scores

Comments

• FT Portsmouth v Fleetwood 0-0
  • FT MK Brazil 1 Peterboro 1
  • They may have lost 4-0 but nice to see Ricky Holmes get a full 90 minutes
  • 3 points in the hand is better than 6 in the bush, or some such nonsense
  • If we had played tonight and won we'd be sitting in second place now. 
  • Burton gone for a Burton.

Ipswich win 2-1

Outside the playoff positions, Charlton slip down to 7th place.

• sam3110 said:
    3 points in the hand is better than 6 in the bush, or some such nonsense
    I was told it was something like a hand in the bush or the Bird in Hand (pub). :smile:

• Bugger, put a bet on to enjoy the games and I needed Fleetwood to win!
  • Bugger, put a bet on to enjoy the games and I needed Fleetwood to win!
    Never mind, Mutts. Pompey and Fleetwood neutralising each other wasn't  the best result for either of them.

If Pompey had won, they would have gone top. 
    If Fleetwood won, they would now have just 1 point less than us.

Draw best result.

• Accrington Champions come May time  ??
  • Sponsored links:

• Accrington Champions come May time  ??
    Are you just a wind up merchant these days, Golfie?  :smile:

• Oggy Red said:
    Bugger, put a bet on to enjoy the games and I needed Fleetwood to win!
    Never mind, Mutts. Pompey and Fleetwood neutralising each other wasn't  the best result for either of them.

Draw best result.

I suppose! I had Hull to lose, Sunderland and Posh to draw. Never mind. Results overall were ok. 
  • A chance to gain a bit of ground this weekend if we beat Swindon as top two play each other and Peterborough have Ipswich. 
  • If we had played tonight and won we'd be sitting in second place now. 
    Played and lost we would be 7th
  • Not a complaint, more a question, but why did Sunderland have to play with 8 Covid infections, and Bristol Rovers not with 2? Personally, I don't think we would want to play and potentially get key players infected.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Bugger, put a bet on to enjoy the games and I needed Fleetwood to win!

Draw best result.

I suppose! I had Hull to lose, Sunderland and Posh to draw. Never mind. Results overall were ok. 
    Results overall were excellent no?

The top 2 lost, Pompey, Posh and Sunderland drew.

I'd say that was better than we could have hoped for by a distance.

Sunderland are currently on a new manager bounce and playing well, so I definitely consider them a threat.
  • A chance to gain a bit of ground this weekend if we beat Swindon as top two play each other and Peterborough have Ipswich. 
    Hull beat Pompey, Peteborough v Ipswich is a draw & along with Lincoln not winning all means a 2-0 win takes us 2nd.
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:
    If we had played tonight and won we'd be sitting in second place now. 
    Played and lost we would be 7th
    alright Golfie ! 
  • I recall Bowyer saying Crewe and Blackpool were decent teams and in false positions when we beat them.
    Both in the top half now.
  • Pretty good results tonight. Shame Ipswich won with late winner but expected them to beat Bolton of the league Burton (yep I know, we got turned over by them but we're Charlton) win on Saturday and I will be very happy going into Christmas with our points tally. Hopefully Shinnie & Morgan will return. Gives Chuks a few days extra to.
  • 2 defeats in a row (and a draw before that) for Hull when they were looking like they'd run away with the league. 2 defeats in a row for Lincoln. Ipswich showing that they can only beat teams below them. Sunderland drawing 1-1...

A confusing division, not helped by the different number of games played. 
  • So if the season finished now then on PPG, Accrington would be Champions!  Fair play to them for a great start.
  • I can't believe that we're still so near the top.

It seems as though Shrewsbury's late equaliser against us gave them the confidence needed to get two successive 1-0 away wins against the top two.

It certainly softens the blow of the 2 lost points.

• Oggy Red said:
    Sage said:
    Really frustrating as had we played and won tonight would’ve put us 2nd, only a single point behind Hull. 
    I'm sure Bowyer has been thinking the same.

We've 2 games in hand on some teams above us. But ideally, it's points in the bag that you'd rather have.

I would normally agree, but we should be playing those games in hand with at least some of our injured players back, not to mention any players we can sign in January, especially a prolific striker.
    Whatever position we are in come the 1st of January, I can only see us finishing the season higher than that. (Unless we're top of course!)
  • edited December 2020
    From a neutral's perspective the cap's made this division really interesting.