Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League 1 scores

Comments

• 1-0 Shrewsbury

Started the second half really well... Deserve that 
    Good
  • Arghhhh should be 2-0!!!

Great attack from Shrewsbury, player goes through on the GK yet from an angle, tried to dink it but narrowly went the wrong side of the post
  • Great save from Shrewsbury 'keeper against John-Jules the Striker we wanted

James Coppinger on with his Zimmer frame 
  • Have Shrewsbury stuck all their defenders on yet?
  • edited December 2020
    Have Shrewsbury stuck all their defenders on yet?
    Nope but been an alamo defence from them the last ten minutes

Two mins of injury time left, barely getting out their half
  • edited December 2020
    We do seem to have galvanised them
    Hiring Steve Cotterill is what’s turned them around - didn’t start with the result against us. He’s been in charge five games and his results have been:

draw vs Accrington (8th)
    draw vs Charlton (7th)
    win at Hull (3rd)
    win at Lincoln (2nd)
    win at Doncaster (4th)

For me, no surprises he’s done well so far. He took Bristol City to the top of this league a few years ago.
  • edited December 2020
    Jesus wept... Shrewsbury player on the edge of the box when to volley it over his head and clear, instead just managed to boot it straight back into the penalty area
  • edited December 2020
    FT... Shrewsbury win - Great game from both teams

Last ten minutes was a bit like Saturday for us where Donny really were trying to equalise with Shrewsbury just booting it clear

Donny only really had one clear chance all game, in the first half, John-Jules took it round the 'keeper but over ran it so wasted the chance
  • FT... Shrewsbury win
    It finished about five mins ago!
  • Read it a weep

• Sponsored links:

• Jesus wept... Shrewsbury player on the edge of the box when to volley it over his head and clear, instead just managed to boot it straight back into the penalty area
    Albie moonlighting?
  • Good result. I quite fancy Donny winning the league.
  • FT... Shrewsbury win
    It finished about five mins ago!
    My stream had buffered a few times so not surprised
  • We do seem to have galvanised them
    Hiring Steve Cotterill is what’s turned them around - didn’t start with the result against us. He’s been in charge five games and his results have been:

draw vs Accrington (8th)
    draw vs Charlton (7th)
    win at Hull (3rd)
    win at Lincoln (2nd)
    win at Doncaster (4th)

For me, no surprises he’s done well so far. He took Bristol City to the top of this league a few years ago.
    Incredible start. 
  • Read it a weep

Shows how stats can be misleading

Donny did sweet FA with the ball all too often, Shrewsbury Goalkeeper made one important save where he tipped the ball over the bar at one stage, otherwise it was catching practice for him

Shrewsbury were constantly a threat on the counter attack; Ollie Norburn impressed me in Midfield for them

draw vs Accrington (8th)
    draw vs Charlton (7th)
    win at Hull (3rd)
    win at Lincoln (2nd)
    win at Doncaster (4th)

Unbelievable new manager bounce that. 3 consecutive 1-0 wins over genuine promotion contenders
  • Now it is up to us to put a run together. We couldn't have asked for better results from other sides. Well maybe we could but we would have to be incredibly greedy.
  • Donny total blew their big chance to go top of the League.

It's not only us who can play crap.

• Now it is up to us to put a run together. We couldn't have asked for better results from other sides. Well maybe we could but we would have to be incredibly greedy.
    Especially with Doncaster's next three games being:

Accrington (H) | Fleetwood (A) | Peterborough (A)
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes, but can they fuck it up like us?
  • It's wide open, who ever gets that momentum and goes 10 games unbeaten will go on to win the league. 

Saying that, with alot of finances taking a hit, I think a lot of player changes in January is on the cards 
  • Everyone in the Football League is crap.
    It just a matter of who can be the least crap by the end of the season :smile:
    Football League's motto should be: "Yup we know we're a mess of an organisation, but anyone can beat anyone on the Football pitch"
  • Yes, but can they fuck it up like us?
    Oh yes .... Donny just did.  :smile:

• Oggy Red said:
    Yes, but can they fuck it up like us?
    Oh yes .... Donny just did.  :smile:

But can they do it time and time again, like we do? 

draw vs Accrington (8th)
    draw vs Charlton (7th)
    win at Hull (3rd)
    win at Lincoln (2nd)
    win at Doncaster (4th)

And when I get asked to name a manager who would take over if Bowyer was sacked I keep on being told that there are none around that are good enough. 
  • edited December 2020

draw vs Accrington (8th)
    draw vs Charlton (7th)
    win at Hull (3rd)
    win at Lincoln (2nd)
    win at Doncaster (4th)

And when I get asked to name a manager who would take over if Bowyer was sacked I keep on being told that there are none around that are good enough. 
    Fair enough response but I’m really not sure he’d be the right fit at Charlton. Would make about as much sense as the Russell Slade appointment did. Does well when expectations are lower.
  • Read it a weep

Shows how stats can be misleading

Donny did sweet FA with the ball all too often, Shrewsbury Goalkeeper made one important save where he tipped the ball over the bar at one stage, otherwise it was catching practice for him

Shrewsbury were constantly a threat on the counter attack; Ollie Norburn impressed me in Midfield for them
    Mourinho would be proud of those stats. 

draw vs Accrington (8th)
    draw vs Charlton (7th)
    win at Hull (3rd)
    win at Lincoln (2nd)
    win at Doncaster (4th)

Fair enough response but I’m really not sure he’d be the right fit at Charlton. Would make about as much sense as the Russell Slade appointment did. Does well when expectations are lower.
    Was told by Richard Murray at Bromley many moons ago, that Steve Cotterill was going to be our next manager after Les Reed got the old heave ho. He rated him very highly.

And then Pardew turned up.
  • Addickted said:

draw vs Accrington (8th)
    draw vs Charlton (7th)
    win at Hull (3rd)
    win at Lincoln (2nd)
    win at Doncaster (4th)

Was told by Richard Murray at Bromley many moons ago, that Steve Cotterill was going to be our next manager after Les Reed got the old heave ho. He rated him very highly.

And then Pardew turned up.
    To be fair to Murray's judgement back then, Pardew has actually had the better managerial career, with many seasons in the Premier League