Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League 1 scores

Comments

• The better you play the luckier you get.
    I'll never forget the good start we had in the Premier League in 2005

Went to Birmingham early in the season and won 1-0 but Powell got away with a handball on the line that should have been a penalty
  • edited January 2021
    Clarke Harris scores again.

1-0 Peterborough 

Edit: gone as an OG.
  • https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sunderland-hull-tv-sky-sports-19574597

I hadn't realised that Sunderland vs Hull had been rearranged to be played this evening. Sensible to make the most of a blank weekend (Hull were meant to play Wigan today)
  • Mulder Scully equalises for Lincoln
  • 1-1Lincs/Posh .. Posh down to 10 men, Grant misses Lincs pen
  • 1-1Lincs/Posh .. Posh down to 10 men, Grant misses Lincs pen
    Academic with our current form, but a good result for us
  • Michael Appleton when asked about Grant missing a match winning penalty for Lincoln said that Grant has been superb for them this season and had an excellent game today.

Can't see that LB would ever have said that about Messrs Bonne, Williams, Bogle, Maddison etc etc
  • Michael Appleton when asked about Grant missing a match winning penalty for Lincoln said that Grant has been superb for them this season and had an excellent game today.

Can't see that LB would ever have said that about Messrs Bonne, Williams, Bogle, Maddison etc etc
    "He's got to score that. It's the basics which are crucifying us at the moment, that's 2 points it's cost us"
  • edited January 2021
    Crewe beating Burton......and they now go above us.

Who would have thought that both Crewe & Accrington would be above us in the table......and by the end of the evening we could well be 10th and having played at least a game more than those above us (apart from Lincoln).

Promotion ??  You're 'aving a laugh. 
  • Crewe now beating Rochdale 3-0. And its not even half time

We have Rochdale next. Can you see us scoring 3 goals in the first 35 mins. Nope. Not in a month of Sundays. Probably be losing 3-0 instead.

• Sponsored links:

• Crewe beating Burton......and they now go above us.

Who would have thought that both Crewe & Accrington would be above us in the table......and by the end of the evening we could well be 10th and having played at least a game more than those above us (apart from Lincoln).

Unless the season is suddenly guillotined and PPG is applied ...... there's a long way to go yet, Golfie.

I shouldn't worry too much about what other teams are doing.
    It's really about us sorting out our current shit-show.

If we do that, we've every chance of recovering at least a playoff position.

We've had a bad run. But so will other teams, you bet.

Beating Rochdale, Burton in front at Gillingham 
  • Rochdale 2 Crewe 3 .. the comeback is on !!
  • edited January 2021
    Rochdale 2 Crewe 3 .. the comeback is on !!
    Comeback complete... 3-3

Got a feeling we'll need to mark Matt Lund on Tuesday night!!
  • now Roch 3 Crewe 3
  • As I keep saying.....you need to score goals in this League as the defending is not great. If you don't score at least 2 goals in a game you won't get very much.
  • Shows how tight (piss poor) this league is! 

Need to desperately start picking up points now to keep us with a typical Charlton Chance of promotion 
  • edited January 2021
    Rochdale 2 Crewe 3 .. the comeback is on !!
    Comeback complete... 3-3

Got a feeling we'll need to mark Matt Lund on Tuesday night!!
    praps we can sign him up before then ? ((:>)
  • edited January 2021
    As I keep saying.....you need to score goals in this League as the defending is not great. If you don't score at least 2 goals in a game you won't get very much.
    As I keep saying... Get a tight defence (like we've seen from Lincoln and Accrington) and you stand a great chance of going up - The chances down the other end will always come as the majority of defences have too many mistakes in them.

Goes back to what I was repeating on our good run

Goals win you games 
    Clean sheets win you promotion 
  • Sponsored links:

Crewe above us?
    Not till the fat lady sings
  • edited January 2021
    Crewe beating Burton......and they now go above us.

Wait till full time in future, Crewe now not above us, we now cant be lower than 9th, whilst I am not happy with what is going on it could all change if somehow we put a run together 
  • edited January 2021
    3/3 at Rochdale ..  final score
  • We'll just have to put 4 past Rochdale then
  • MattF said:
    We'll just have to put 4 past Rochdale then
    Dont worry, teams can only score two past us (Burton the exception)
  • Rochdale on a great run of form,  just look at their last 45 minutes , a point will be a result against this resurgent side (they’ve won 2 in 13)

Wait till full time in future, Crewe now not above us, we now cant be lower than 9th, whilst I am not happy with what is going on it could all change if somehow we put a run together 
    Why bother waiting 90 minutes when you want to moan immediately. 

9th by end of the day is no disaster when you see how tight it is with points. Put a little run together and we’ll be back in top 6. 
  • Yes, if we lose Bowyer I think we would see an improvement.

Crewe now beating Rochdale 3-0. And its not even half time

We have Rochdale next. Can you see us scoring 3 goals in the first 35 mins. Nope. Not in a month of Sundays. Probably be losing 3-0 instead.

Fair play to Crewe playing Burton and Rochdale today. 
    The way things are going this season we might end up with teams having to play 2 matches at time to fit the fixtures in!
  • Ipswich losing