Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lewis Page's Instagram / Players Xmas jolly to Newcastle

Comments

• Options
    If Lee Novak had realised our Christmas party would be held in Newcastle, he would have stayed!

I wonder who chose the location?
  • Options

Rothko said:

What a bunch of humourless prigs some of you are

I guess what people are saying is, it’s fine to go out on the lash, but don’t go putting it all over social media - it’s just riles the paying punter, especially after a few weeks of shit results.

The other thing is that yesterday was supposed to be a celebration of the 25 year anniversary and everybody in the ground (barring the players) were up for it......we lost, didn’t play particularly well and then team were on their toes and up North to get pissed up - and then advertised it.
    Just because you are up for it doesn't automatically mean your gonna win or play to your highest standards.
  • Options

All teams have a Christmas party, most companies have Christmas parties, so what, if we had won this thread would have been a lot smaller in comments, hope they all had a great night got smashed and back to training Tuesday.

100% this.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Rothko said:

What a bunch of humourless prigs some of you are

What's funny about it? Just lost and look like none of them give the slightest toss. Hilarious
    No you’re right, they should have been in sack cloth and ashes, serving soup to the poor.

No but if they'd put a bit of thought into it, they could have had a swanky dinner for the current squad and their wives, the 92 squad and their wives and Valley party representatives and their wives/husbands. All paid for by the club.

Tonight the players could do what they like.
  • Options

iamdan said:

I looked at his Instagram. Have you seen his misses though!?

His bird is his one saving grace - other than that he’s a waste of a weeks wages.
    Here name is Paige. So if they got married she'd be Paige Page.
    And if they had a kid would they be turning another one?
  • Options
    Hurricane in an esspresso cup.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Naive at best. From the club top to bottom.
    More top, that's what you get paid to do.
    You reading this Tone and Kat?

• Options
    Very third division. Lack of planning, should have flown up. Most probably cheaper than the train if they had booked early enough.
    Also I don’t think professional athletes should drink. It ain’t too much to ask if you’re living depends on your body being the best shape possible.
  • Options
    George Best was constantly pissed.
  • Options
    McGeness has gone on the Portsmouth Christmas party.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Addickted said:

George Best was constantly pissed.

So was his son Leon last night.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    This is what losing sounds like...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyyGgcRqrhs
  • Options
    I hope they had a great time. Newcastle is the best place in the UK to party.
    I've no idea why they would wear club kit & put their partying on social media, but that's the world we live in.
  • Options
    Interesting divider of opinion, this
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does it really matter, what harm have they caused?
  • Options

I expect we'll find out in tomorrow's Sun or Mirror.
  • Options

Yes.

Misbehaving on trains and disturbing the general public when in the public eye.

Blimey, if the players came from millwall or palice we'd be all over this like a rash.
  • Options
    Personally I’m not too fussed with this. I get the result was bad and that it was in public, and you could argue that given they’re in the public eye it may have been wise to keep it off social media, but they’re just out enjoying their Xmas do.

They haven’t brought the club into disrepute from what I can tell.

No issue here for me
  • Options

Haha love that actually... now we know why Ricky has been struggling with that beer belly

Who is Grandad? - Is it Solly?

Grandad? Really?
    Solly went as Uncle Albert.
  • Options
    Should professional footballers who earn good money and have the summer off have a traditional Christmas do?
    Just a question.
    IMO I don’t think they should. I suspect players like Ronaldo, Messi and Kane won’t be chugging down lager on an all dayer to celebrate the festive season.
  • Options

The only issue for me is going out in club gear - seems very dumb.

And putting it on social media! Plain stupid and Robinson should have told them not to beforehand.
  • Options
    after the cheltenham festival incident where a mk dons player pissed in a glass and threw it over the crowd, this was robbos comments as he was manager at the time he was also at the festival because i saw him at the bar.

Robinson said: "You gave to take the moral high ground all the time and you have to do what is right for your football club. This is a family-friendly football club and we pride ourselves on that and try and conduct ourselves in the right way.

no one has an issue with them having a piss up, but for me Saturday was a big game and that performance wasn't one for a big game, the posting of it on instagram is a bit of a piss take as when us fans have a sing song and a beer on the train were "more like millwall" and "thugs" by some other charlton charlton fans, cant have it both ways. i understand that its a busy xmas schedule but surely they could of got changed out of there training kits, as some already had.

for me its a bit like well that's the Pompey game done now lets got on the razz - couldn't give a shit if we had won, also weren't any of them involved in last nights dinner?
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Valley11 said:

Should professional footballers who earn good money and have the summer off have a traditional Christmas do?
    Just a question.
    IMO I don’t think they should. I suspect players like Ronaldo, Messi and Kane won’t be chugging down lager on an all dayer to celebrate the festive season.

Don’t think Kane drinks .
    Pochettino runs a tight ship according to spurs fans I know