Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lewis Page's Instagram / Players Xmas jolly to Newcastle

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    The charlton players done their annual x mas trip to the queen Elizabeth today. I was asked to go down and take part in pics maybe after all the fuss over a x mad do I should have.
  • Options
    I'm intrigued that they felt a 268 mile trip each way for a night out was worth while.

As a NE resident 50% of the time I can confirm the centre of Newcastle is a pit of bacchanalian excess from 7.30pm on Friday until 1am on Monday morning.

Is this something Leon Best recommended? Or made worthwhile?
  • Options

I'm intrigued that they felt a 268 mile trip each way for a night out was worth while.

As a NE resident 50% of the time I can confirm the centre of Newcastle is a pit of bacchanalian excess from 7.30pm on Friday until 1am on Monday morning.

And/or maybe they hooked up with Rob Elliott and Jonjo Shelvey?
  • Options

And/or maybe they hooked up with Rob Elliott and Jonjo Shelvey?
    That's the answer !!! Newcastle also f**ked up their anniversary. Double Bubble. Both sets of players were thinking too much about how they were going to play "pull a pig" that night to worry about a little thing such as an important football match.

Now the biting makes sense.
  • Options
    Even if we had won 5-0 the players were wrong with their train antics.
  • Options

Its stupid they've posted it over Social Media yet cant begrudge them having a Christmas Party as all clubs have one and will be good to have the players together on a night out

But why this weekend? - If going up North surely do it after Blackburn when your a few miles from Manchester and where a loss wont mean quite so much as it did yesterday

To be fair, would you really want a night out in Blackburn?
    Had some great night outs there and in Burnley back in the 80's
  • Options
    TEL said:

Its stupid they've posted it over Social Media yet cant begrudge them having a Christmas Party as all clubs have one and will be good to have the players together on a night out

But why this weekend? - If going up North surely do it after Blackburn when your a few miles from Manchester and where a loss wont mean quite so much as it did yesterday

To be fair, would you really want a night out in Blackburn?
    Had some great night outs there and in Burnley back in the 80's
    ive had a night out in scunthorpe that was suprisingly good, but i think the poster means have the night out in manchester, which is always a good night out.
  • Options

the only difference is if this was millwall players - im sure the words pikey, chav, pissheads would be flying about.

@Chizz how does this warrant a flag? if you could explain or are you getting offended over nothing as per
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Blimey, it's gone downhill. When I worked up there it started at 4pm on Friday. (Or was that just me?)

Anyway, wearing the club clothing on a jaunt is an odd one. A few years back, our esteemed club captain plus three other players arrived at the ground for an early season evening cup match (it would have to be early season if it was a cup match wouldn't it?) that they weren't featuring in. They got out of the captain's car and got changed into their CAFC training gear in the West Stand car park. The impression I got was that they were embarrassed by it, wouldn't be seen dead in it away from their work environs (perhaps in case anyone laughed at them) but were required to have it on before entering the building. That's a marked difference from wearing the gear on a train after a match isn't it?

I don't really care about the train antics en route to the Xmas bash. But it seems obvious to me that the do itself and its venue would have detracted from the match preparations. Pre-game, the players would just have been wondering whether they'd got their comedy fancy dress with them and their hair product of choice. I wasn't there but from reports it seems highly likely that brains were not focused on the actual match, which is a shame.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've always wondered about the wearing of club clothing. I used to work next to a hotel in Kensington where a lot of sports teams would stay, and if I was an Aussie cricketer or S African rugby player the last thing I would want is to have to wear club clothing when outside, yet this is how they were dressed!
  • Options
    Maybe the fashion police should have a word in their ear.
  • Options

the only difference is if this was millwall players - im sure the words pikey, chav, pissheads would be flying about.

@Chizz how does this warrant a flag? if you could explain or are you getting offended over nothing as per
    Ooo! you said the p word.
  • Options

Ooo! you said the p word.
    if referring to pikey then any real travellers that i know, went to school with a few aren't offended by it, as tinkers/pikeys are generally theiving scum that dont live off the land - which is what any proper traveller folk should and do do.
  • Options

just as a counter-point to the knicker twisting over the players Xmas do here's another tweet that will, I will predict, get a fraction of the comments or reaction to the OP

Yes, all very good & admirable. Still doesn't excuse the fact that they were drinking & singing on public transport in club kit that to 99% of the public would have assumed they were football hooligans.

And what do they now want - a medal. I give to charity. so what. Also, it may hurt some of your sensibilities, but they're only doing what they've been told to do.
    wow

cause all football fans on an away day wear club tracksuits don't they ?!?!
  • Options

just as a counter-point to the knicker twisting over the players Xmas do here's another tweet that will, I will predict, get a fraction of the comments or reaction to the OP

Yes, all very good & admirable. Still doesn't excuse the fact that they were drinking & singing on public transport in club kit that to 99% of the public would have assumed they were football hooligans.

And what do they now want - a medal. I give to charity. so what. Also, it may hurt some of your sensibilities, but they're only doing what they've been told to do.
    wow

that's just the point - the casual onlooker wouldn't have a clue. all they would see is a bunch of 20 year olds, drinking, singing & dressed in football gear.

Also, I find it strange that they would wear club gear at all - I can only assume its club policy. Seeing as they had just showered after a game then surely they would have just got dressed in their normal daytime garb (torn trousers & t-shirts being the norm nowdays).
  • Options

wow

that's just the point - the casual onlooker wouldn't have a clue. all they would see is a bunch of 20 year olds, drinking, singing & dressed in football gear.

Also, I find it strange that they would wear club gear at all - I can only assume its club policy. Seeing as they had just showered after a game then surely they would have just got dressed in their normal daytime garb (torn trousers & t-shirts being the norm nowdays).
    There’s a few on there that would settle for being mistaken for a 20 years I reckon!
  • Options
    I get that’s Robinson has to say something to the press but there is always the risk of someone (not a footballer) putting something on social media.

I know we’re not Man City but they are still professional footballers. The trick is to behave, not to remember not to film it!
  • Options
    As an aside, I saw some Instagram videos the other day of some of the squad doing their home training sessions as decreed by KR last xmas, basically they were taking the piss, wearing costumes and fancy dress etc, and a very risqué joke from Jackson whilst out jogging, now if they got out.......

I can be paid off
  • Options
    JFC booking today was unprofessional. Made me think of this
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

JFC booking today was unprofessional. Made me think of this

But it was a week too early for him to be suspended for Christmas.

• Options
    Think there back out in it in Liverpool tonight :joy:
  • Options
    so, as a "team bonding" exercise, that went well then !!

Can I humbly say that perhaps the players might actually try winning a game before going out on the lash & celebrating. Tossers.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Robinson team on a night out after a defeat again.

I wonder if they are off to the Oxo tower

• Options
    Scoham said:

I guess it's supposed to be a team bonding exercise.

It'll give their players the chance to actually talk with each other, rather than have to listen to Karl rambling on.

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Scoham said:

I wonder if they are off to the Oxo tower

For a nite out with Alan McCormack
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Is it his leaving do?